Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i recently got ma results for ma first year and i basically have only passed two pf ma modules... i knw its bad... i am curently doing, i went into law after doing it at a levels, but wen i began uni it was nothing as i expected i really stareted to loose passion for the subejct after realising how hard it is to pursue a carrer in law... so i was really put off about the course.... other than law i really would of liked to do something with intirior deisgn or architectur... and now i feel like i should have done them instead.

i have been offerd the chance to resit my modules, for law, but i do not want to carry on with law as i would like to change into something else such as architectur or interior design.

if i was to change would they take into consideration my first year, and if i was to transfer unis and change course would that be possible, i am really confused and i do not know were to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eidr)
    i recently got ma results for ma first year and i basically have only passed two pf ma modules... i knw its bad... i am curently doing, i went into law after doing it at a levels, but wen i began uni it was nothing as i expected i really stareted to loose passion for the subejct after realising how hard it is to pursue a carrer in law... so i was really put off about the course.... other than law i really would of liked to do something with intirior deisgn or architectur... and now i feel like i should have done them instead.

i have been offerd the chance to resit my modules, for law, but i do not want to carry on with law as i would like to change into something else such as architectur or interior design.

if i was to change would they take into consideration my first year, and if i was to transfer unis and change course would that be possible, i am really confused and i do not know were to start.
    I haven't been in your position, but I'd be inclined to say that they wouldn't take into account your module results since law results would not be directly relevant to interior design or architecture. However, you may receive special consideration as a student who has already completed the first year of another course.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    thx... btw i did sort of fail ma first year... ii passed two modules... and some of the others i was a mere 2 - 5 % away from passing... and also i do not knw hu to talk to as my tutor is away and he wont be back unitl resit exams... and i am scared that it would be to late by then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eidr)
    thx... btw i did sort of fail ma first year... ii passed two modules... and some of the others i was a mere 2 - 5 % away from passing... and also i do not knw hu to talk to as my tutor is away and he wont be back unitl resit exams... and i am scared that it would be to late by then
    I suppose you may gain more credit by having passed more of your first year modules, but then it may be a case of struggling on with an undesirable subject for you for a year.

It ultimately comes down to the decision between extra credit and waiting a year or not - best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    thx... one more question :P would you think it be better if i were to go through clearing and try to go to another uni ? as coventry do not really have the course that i want...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eidr)
    thx... one more question :P would you think it be better if i were to go through clearing and try to go to another uni ? as coventry do not really have the course that i want...
    If I'm honest, I don't think I'm the person to ask here; if I had to suggest something, though, I'd suggest that since there's little point staying where you don't want to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eidr)
    I think you should consider taking a year out to collect your thoughts and then reapply. You would be in a stronger position for reapplying if you did resit your modules and pass them but you are very unlikely to qualify for year 2 entry even for a course in Law even if you do. You are looking at starting again, which, since Student Finance only allows one false start, means that it's really important to get it right this time. There's really no rush. You could look around in Clearing and might get something - but the risk of making another 'wrong' choice is high. Not good for the confidence or the bank balance.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.