Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person who doesn't like staying up late? watch

Basically if I stay up later than say around 1am I feel really down and get worried that I wont get enough sleep. It's annoying because everyone my age goes clubbing and my friends ask me to go clubbing but when I go I don't enjoy myself because I worry about what time I'll get in. A few years back I used to have trouble getting to sleep and I do have anxiety issues, I think it stems from this. I know I should is probably try to get a few hours sleep before going out clubbing but I find it hard to sleep during the day. Anyone else similar?

ReputationRep:
    umm, just sleep longer in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    Booze helps

ReputationRep:
    Get ruined and you'll be out like a light son

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way Latest I've ever stayed out was when I went to see the Mighty Boosh in London and the train home broke down... Got home at about 2.30 and then had school the next day! I survived it, even if I acted a bit perculiar on such little sleep (it was so worth it). On the other hand, doing things like that too often might be the reason that I'm a bit ill now...

Listen to your body. When you need to sleep, sleep. Why would you need to stay up later than 1am anyway? That sounds plenty late enough to me... but i'm more of a morning person.

ReputationRep:
    I think I know what you mean, and it is generally healthier if you go to bed earlier, not just go to bed late and sleep in. However, don't feel too bad about a bad night's sleep once every week or two (say, when your friends go clubbing on a saturday or whenever).

I've had sleeping problems in the past, and yeah it does feel like crap, and several bad nights sleep in a row can leave you with longer-lasting problems I've found, but as I said, a day a week won't harm you I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    i dont like it either mattte!!! lool

ReputationRep:
    You have a good habit I would kill for. Do not lose it. 6 years, sleeping on average at 4am right here - not good.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it, but I do it from time to time. Holidays are especially bad, but things get roped back if I've got work.

ReputationRep:
    nope im not similar. just sounds like an anxiety issue really.
    just something to slowly, work over and try getting over.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.