Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question Time is going to be heated tonight, with George Galloway! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh man. Just realised ur a Troll... And I agreed with you. How embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    Oh man. Just realised ur a Troll
    How did you come to that conclusion? Why do certain people just spew 'troll' at every thread they come across?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Again, you fail to refute my argument and reinforce your claims. Instead, resorting to lazy, infantile ad homs.

So why, exactly, do you think Griffin should not be allowed on Question Time? If the BBC are measuring such parameters on offensiveness, Galloway has arguably spouted views and acted in a manner which is on the same level, if not worse than Griffin.

Griffin and Galloway may subscribe to different ideologies, but their levels of offensiveness and extremism are negligible.
    Look, you seem adament to try to establish a claim that seeks to equate Galloway and Griffin as both "on the same level" in terms of offensiveness and extremism, on what basis you are saying this, for the life of me i have not got a clue.

ReputationRep:
    A really interesting panel!

"David Dimbleby will be joined in Norwich by Geoff Hoon MP, Baroness Warsi, Baroness Williams, Clive James and George Galloway MP."

Galloway will infuriate the hell out of me, which begs the question as to why he (as a political extremist) is allowed on Question Time, when Nick Griffin seemingly is not. I find Griffin's views as abhorrent as Galloway's views, but I don't like the double standards of the BBC.
    My enduring memory of Galloway is when he took apart a senator in a congressional committee. I love George as a guy, though find his views insufferable.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man. Just realised ur a Troll... And I agreed with you. How embarrassing.
    Lol, i respect you're opinion btw.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I wish so badly I could watch that in the US. And my dad loves Galloway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Look, you seem adament to try to establish a claim that seeks to equate Galloway and Griffin as both "on the same level" in terms of offensiveness and extremism, on what basis you are saying this, for the life of me i have not got a clue, there's nothing left to say other than advising you to cry on Griffin's shoulders, not mine, if you wish to take matters to the BBC, by all means do, i'm not interested in your ridiculous and shameless notion tbfh, have a goodnight.
    Yet again, you descend on the thread with your verbose, playground insults, whilst lacking the capacity to provide any grain of substance.

I've already refuted one individual by providing evidence, yet you seem intent on simply attacking me in a such a senseless manner. Clearly, I have insulted a person of whom you idolise, this is evident.

At least you've pulled out of the argument (in an utterly cowardly manner, I might add), so I don't expect any further childish retorts, considering the tripe within your last sentence. Something tells me that you are as hypocritical as the BBC, however, so I am sure I will see a reply in due course.

ReputationRep:
    Again, you fail to refute my argument and reinforce your claims. Instead, resorting to lazy, infantile ad homs.

So why, exactly, do you think Griffin should not be allowed on Question Time? If the BBC are measuring such parameters on offensiveness, Galloway has arguably spouted views and acted in a manner which is on the same level, if not worse than Griffin.

Griffin and Galloway may subscribe to different ideologies, but their levels of offensiveness and extremism are negligible.
    Why do you dusslike him so much. Atleast he stands up fpr what he believes and those whom he represents unlike a lot of other Mp's. Just watch him defend himself against the congressional committee.

You compare the to but your argument has no substance.

watch the two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyGoPerzWc

ReputationRep:
    How did you come to that conclusion? Why do certain people just spew 'troll' at every thread they come across?
    Your needless contentious and argumentative nature. This is meant to be a discussion, not an argument/attack. If someone wants to debate then they'll debate, they don't need provocation.
    That, and all your posts came on the same day, and are all of the same contentious nature.
    If your not a Troll, then ur just a bit of a ******.

ReputationRep:
    Your needless contentious and argumentative nature. This is meant to be a discussion, not an argument/attack.
    Tell that to slawaccess23, who appears to be intent on simply attacking me and not engaging in the debate. I've already provided him with numerous chances to refute my original argument, but he resorts to personal attacks. I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to defend myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuky)
    Why do you dusslike him so much. Atleast he stands up fpr what he believes and those whom he represents unlike a lot of other Mp's. Just watch him defend himself against the congressional committee.

You compare the to but your argument has no substance.

watch the two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyGoPerzWc
    Hitler stood up for what he believed, as you put it, and was an excellent orator - which appears to be your sole defense of Galloway.

Just because you happen to be a vehement, confident public speaker doesn't mean your actions or language is any less repugnant.

ReputationRep:
    Galloway and Griffin are two very different beasts. I don't see how you can compare them. The former is a media hating anarchist who thinks he's correct on just about everything and the latter is just a vile, ignorant and un-educated pig who offers sod all to British politics.

ReputationRep:
    Hitler stood up for what he believed, as you put it, and was an excellent orator - which appears to be your sole defense of Galloway.

Just because you happen to be a vehement, confident public speaker doesn't mean your actions or language is any less repugnant.
    Sorry but that point is not going to stick. Every/most prominant politicians/leaders have stood for what they believed and are generally good orators. I like Galloway because he is not a stooge of anyone and i respect most of his views however find some a little disheartening. Although politicians are never liked by everyone and never please anyone 100% of the time. His views on Iraq soley put him apart from many other british Politicians.

again i asked why you disslike him hopefully you can give me an answer this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    i remember they had will young on once. He was useless
    Lol seriously? Atleast with people like Trisha Godard you get an opinion that sounds like a good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Lol seriously? Atleast with people like Trisha Godard you get an opinion that sounds like a good one.
    I just feel sorry for the celebrity guests. They have nothing intelligent to say when put on the spot....they should just get more political commentators.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMatt)
    The former is a media hating anarchist who thinks he's correct on just about everything and the latter is just a vile, ignorant and un-educated pig who offers sod all to British politics.
    That's your opinion, I am sure another person may feel that Griffin is a 'media hating fascist' and Galloway is a 'vile, ignorant and un-educated pig who offers sod all to British politics'.

ReputationRep:
    i love gorgeous george

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrix)
    My enduring memory of Galloway is when he took apart a senator in a congressional committee. I love George as a guy, though find his views insufferable.
    It's not so hard really, most MP's with at least some proficiency in debate could take apart an American Senator or Congressman as they don't have the same kind of incredibly nuanced and skilled debating culture that exists in the British houses. British politics creates politicans that are very very good at debate, whereas American politics creates politicans that are great at speech writing and putting forth grand ideas but are pretty average when it comes to open unscripted debates.

Admittedly Galloway is a little Scottish firecracker but I think his performance there was much overhyped.

ReputationRep:
    That's your opinion, I am sure another person may feel that Griffin is a 'media hating fascist' and Galloway is a 'vile, ignorant and un-educated pig who offers sod all to British politics'.
    No, that's the opinion of most decent British citizens.

ReputationRep:
    I love galloway , i agree with most things he says !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.