Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight409)
    Girls, do you prefer long or short hair on guys?

I always feel more confident with long hair, but everyone tells me that girls hate long haired guys..
    Forget the girls.

Get long hair. You'll be more confident = better socially.

If you're constantly double-guessing yourself, you'll be unconfident with short hair because you'll feel you'll be more confident with long hair, and you'll be less confident with long hair because you think people hate it.

People generally aren't fussed one way or another, its the confidence that counts. So look and act how you want to look and act and everything else will follow common sense.

Evidence for this - George Clooney has never had long hair, Brad Pitt has tended not to, at least recently; who cares?

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, a vast amount of rockstars have had long hair - its part of their image, so it matters to them, but would they fundamentally have less about them if they got it cut? No.

As an aside, girls love long hair. srs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Depends on the guy, and whether his hair is all straggly and thin. My ex boyfriend had hair that long it was half way down his back and it was beautiful and thick and shiny :coma: He would have looked so weird with a short back and sides.

This isn't a good look:

http://collegecandy.files.wordpress...._long_hair.jpg
    I have thick black shiny hair. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    Like Freddie in Skins mmmm

JJ all the way

ReputationRep:
    short is much better...........

ReputationRep:
    Medium length : )

ReputationRep:
    Long, but not more than about shoulder length.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/dr-chase.jpg

What about us guys with mid-length hair like this?

ReputationRep:
    Short, IMO long hair on men is never a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/dr-chase.jpg

What about us guys with mid-length hair like this?
    That's good too. It's more interesting than very short hair anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Short.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely short!

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day is how you want it, not how a girl wants it but my personal preference is short on the type of guy i like. But longer hair does suit some guys better than short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahstar786)
    long only if its curly - like the guy in the katy perry video
    Ooh I agree. That guy is so hot in the katy perry video.

ReputationRep:
    Short but not really really short. Personally I don't think it looks nice longer than past your shoulders, but longish hair is fine As long as they don't straighten it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.