Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is Robert Mugabe a fascist or would you say he's communist or totalitarian etc?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, but he's an *******

ReputationRep:
    Before you criticise Mugabe remember that his country has far more millionaires per capita than most of these fancy Western 'democracies'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)
    Before you criticise Mugabe remember that his country has far more millionaires per capita than most of these fancy Western 'democracies'.

Hahaha. Haha. Ha.

(Original post by sron)
    Exactly.

Almost every single Zimbabwaen is a millionare.

Does any single country in the world come close?

This is an example of an economy gone RIGHT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Exactly.

Almost every single Zimbabwaen is a millionare.

Does any single country in the world come close?

This is an example of an economy gone RIGHT.
    In fact, Obama's plan of printing more dollars is a brilliant example of Mugabian economics. He is the Keynes of our generation and I think more people need to give respect where it's due.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, my thread has been hijacked...

ReputationRep:
    I don't thing Mugabe can really be characterised by an ideology anymore. He's just insane.

ReputationRep:
    If Mugabe is a fascist, then he's not a very good one.

Even Mussolini got the trains running on time, and he was a stupid, fat git. Hitler managed to turn the German economy around, albeit unsustainably, during his tenure. What's Mugabe managed?

I doubt he can even effort to build big statues of himself like Kim Jong Il.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Hitler managed to turn the German economy around, albeit unsustainably, during his tenure. What's Mugabe managed?
    You've got to give Mugabe some credit. Hitler didn't make a significant amount of his citizens multi-trillionaires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    You've got to give Mugabe some credit. Hitler didn't make a significant amount of his citizens multi-trillionaires.
    Well, it would have been a bit passé. To be a good fascist dictator one must remain innovative: indeed, 'fascism' shares the same Latin root as 'fashion', which translates roughly to 'currently ******* awesome'.

Then again you are an English student, so I'm probably just telling you what you already know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    If Mugabe is a fascist, then he's not a very good one.

Even Mussolini got the trains running on time, and he was a stupid, fat git. Hitler managed to turn the German economy around, albeit unsustainably, during his tenure. What's Mugabe managed?

I doubt he can even effort to build big statues of himself like Kim Jong Il.
    Nope, he couldn't even do that. It's as much a product of propaganda as his 'march on Rome' (information provided by QI).

Germany may have to be ashamed of Hitler but Italy have to be both ashamed and embarrassed of Mussolini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)
    Nope, he couldn't even do that. It's as much a product of propaganda as his 'march on Rome' (information provided by QI).

Germany may have to be ashamed of Hitler but Italy have to be both ashamed and embarrassed of Mussolini.
    Mussolini had a pet lion cub though. That's infinitely cooler than a German Shepherd called Blondi.

If Gordon Brown had a pet lion I reckon his ratings would go up tenfold.

(Original post by L i b)
    Well, it would have been a bit passé. To be a good fascist dictator one must remain innovative: indeed, 'fascism' shares the same Latin root as 'fashion', which translates roughly to 'currently ******* awesome'.

Then again you are an English student, so I'm probably just telling you what you already know.
    Well, I do know that hyper-inflation is the only chance an English Literature graduate has of becoming a millionaire, so I'm all for it!

ReputationRep:
    Mugabe is a legend for actually creating the biggest fail currency in the world.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably a racial communist.

ReputationRep:
    He's a marxist.

ReputationRep:
    "The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.