Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever wanted someone you can't have? [POLL] Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever wanted someone you can't have?
    Yes
    95.92%
    No
    4.08%

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm bored and I have insomnia So I've decided to make a poll
    "Have you ever wanted someone you can't have?" Were you afraid to ask them out, Were they already in a relationship? etc.
    Basically i'm going through this a bit right now and want to hear your experiences

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Pfft ALL THE TIME. Story of my life for sure :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manwithaplan)
    Hey, I'm bored and I have insomnia So I've decided to make a poll
    "Have you ever wanted someone you can't have?" Were you afraid to ask them out, Were they already in a relationship? etc.
    Basically i'm going through this a bit right now and want to hear your experiences

Cheers
    Because they are in a relationship doesnt necessarily mean you can't have them. You can still attract them over without any underhand tactics :-)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Surely everyone has at some point

ReputationRep:
    I have been chasing a self confessed 100% lesbian for some time now
    life sucks in these ways

ReputationRep:
    Most people have.

ReputationRep:
    Wanted someone I could't have? No.
    Wanted someone I couldn't get? Yes - all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes for many reasons.

One was a friends relative.
    Another was my cousin (by marriage so we weren't related)
    Another was tooo old.
    Another was married.

I get over people I can't have easily though so it's not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Idk, I like a challenge so I guess all the guys I like are ones that play it cool. If I guy is too eager then it's unattractive really. People already in relationships is a no-go though... So I guess anyone that I really cant have, I wont ever go for, and will move on swiftly. Ive never been in a situation where I've wanted someone who has a gf though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Because they are in a relationship doesnt necessarily mean you can't have them. You can still attract them over without any underhand tactics :-)
    I was giving that as an example, my reason is that I broke up with my ex, met someone else, we became friendly, I asked her out, got rejected, now I can't stop thinking about her. Quite sad I know but, I'll get over it someday.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been able to have anyone I've ever liked. Sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Every woman I've ever wanted?

Let's see.
    My best friend.
    My Christian close friend.
    Girl who lives 80miles away with a boyfriend.
    Girl the year below with a boyfriend...got together two months before I met her.
    Girl I talked to for an entire night, practically non-stop, before finding out she had was in an LDR.
    Girl in an LDR who now one knew about...because they only got together two months before we started talking.

And plenty more I've only met once or similar. Few girls who were older than me, some a year, one 4 years. Some others I was never close to but liked.

ReputationRep:
    I always wanted my dad but i cant hav him because he's with God now

ReputationRep:
    The last few guys I've liked, I soon found out they already had a girlfriend. It really sucks seems to be happening all the time now! So they will never know..

ReputationRep:
    I want Emma Watson

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure everyone has.

ReputationRep:
    Is ANYONE going to answer "No"? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Then I got him, decided he wasn't all that great and moved on All those months of hard work for nothing. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    it happens all the time..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.