Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever wanted someone you can't have? [POLL] Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever wanted someone you can't have?
    Yes
    95.92%
    No
    4.08%

ReputationRep:
    haha..i really liked a girl in primary school and still quite like her (7 years on ::eek: ) but never going to happen

ReputationRep:
    everybody has at some point.. and the fact you can't have them cruelly makes them more enticing.

forbidden fruit always taste the sweetest lol

ReputationRep:
    One of my best male friends... who turned out to be gay
    An engaged guy
    A married guy
    And loads of other guys who it just didn't work out with because of distance, etc...

However, now with my first proper boyfriend, and never been happier! It's worth all the heartache when you meet someone you truly care about

ReputationRep:
    Halle Berry buts thats life, in reality one of my sisters friends, she is engraved into my heart and no one else comes close. Its been 5 years now.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course, hasn't everybody? Most guys I have liked have had girlfriends or in one case, a wife.

ReputationRep:
    Um who wasn't??

ReputationRep:
    Some guy back in high school who was straight, was only really lust though.

Since then, I wanted one guy, but that lasted for like 2 weeks cause I realised he's not as great as I thought he was.

I dunno if anyone here is the same way, but I rarely 'want' people... perhaps it's because I'm picky or unlucky with the people I meet.

ReputationRep:
    I was infatuated with a guy when I was 15/16. He was in the year below me at school. I made friends with him, we'd talk online for hours every day and he was one of my best guy mates (he however, had LOTS of close girl mates, so it was never a 2 way thing). I hung at his house on many occasions and we'd have a cuddle n stuff. It drove me crazy. It wasn't until I'd planned to tell him how I felt, that we were on a school trip to France and he got with a girl in my class. I was crushed. Devastated. I stopped eating, couldn't stop crying. They broke up 2 weeks later (of course!) and we became friends again. I never did tell him exactly how I felt, but it was pretty obvious. He always managed to break my heart and I always managed to let him. I was never good enough for him tbh.

These days, he's in a long term relationship with a girl from his year. He rarely comes onto MSN anymore, so I rarely speak to him. He'll always be the guy I measure other guys up to. Certainly in the looks dept, because he's my kind of stunning. I have photos of him on the back of my wardrobe door, just for old time's sake.

When you love someone, even if they don't like you back, they'll always remain in your heart somehow. Even if only as a memory, but he'll never leave my heart.

ReputationRep:
    Who hasn't. Thats life

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I'm only attracted to gays and guys in long term relationships.....
    Meh

ReputationRep:
    Yes, sometimes, I end up wanting guys I've met in real life for some reason but they live a long way away (uni interviews, uni open days or anything like that, just days out with friends where I end up meeting people). I think meeting them once then only remaining in contact through other things like text, facebook, e-mail or whatever allows you to idealise them in your head more. Most of those I got over fairly quickly though after I realised how much I was idealising them. I always feel I have a connection with some of them more than other people though, so it feels like a shame when they live so far away.

Then there are those who live closer by. For some reason I rarely get feelings for people I live near but it's happened now. The only problem is I don't know whether I've been "Friendzoned" or whether he's still got a thing for his ex-girlfriend. Whatever happens I'm glad he's my friend. The problem is, I always get rejected by people who live closer by and end up just settling for someone else I don't have feelings for which ends up in problematic relationships. I should stop doing that.

ReputationRep:
    forbidden fruit looks way tastier

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it human nature to want what you can't have?

I think most people (I've not done the poll yet) want someone they can't have, and unluckily, life isn't as simple as we probably want it to be.

ReputationRep:
    Thread title sounds like a perfect way to start a cold reading routine.

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    yes, fall asleep thinking of him, wake up wanting him. Hopefully not long to wait though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh he was going out with a friend and said he would go out with me if he wasnt already going out with her.

When the time came that she dumped him, he completely ignored me and started seriously flirting with my best friend (who knew all about me and my thing for him). That is the definition of GUTTED! :mad: I didnt talk to them both for weeks LOL

ReputationRep:
    I became friends with someone who I couldnt have, started to want more but didnt really let on as didnt think it would happen, she also started to want more and ended up breaking up with her bf of 4/5 years largely because of me, and now a couple of weeks later we both want each other but her ex is complicating things for her emotionally and we're in limbo :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was in a relationship that ended just after he asked me out and i turned him down :doh:

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course!. I doubt theres many people who havent wanted someone they couldnt have.:o:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.