Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, im man city, and ive bought arshavin. hes in my squad, everythings done except for the fact that he has no work permit!!! he keeps making pleas for first team football. now how the feck can i let him play, if he has no work permit! if i choose him in the line up, it stops me, saying that arshavin has no work permit. and the russian twit keeps asking for a game. what do i do!?!?

ReputationRep:
    send him out on loan to a feeder club in europe until he gains citizenship of that country then he wont need one, could be a long while before he can play for you though unfortunately....

He never needed a work permit on my fm08. I bought him with Liverpool in my first season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)
    send him out on loan to a feeder club in europe until he gains citizenship of that country then he wont need one, could be a long while before he can play for you though unfortunately....
    thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    btw, when i say europe, NOT back to Russia or it will be no good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)
    btw, when i say europe, NOT back to Russia or it will be no good.
    yeah i know. he's off to oldham

ReputationRep:
    lol bet hes delighted

ReputationRep:
    no it wont work, they are in England he will need a work permit there too....

Spain or Italy where they are easier to get

Belgium, France, Germany et al will do too, just not to a British club....there will still be the same issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)

Belgium, France, Germany et al will do too, just not to a British club....there will still be the same issue.
    right, il ask for another feeder club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameeso)
    yeah i know. he's off to oldham
    Belgium is normally the best. Takes between 18months and two years off the top of my head.

Why was he not given a work permit btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Belgium is normally the best. Takes between 18months and two years off the top of my head.

Why was he not given a work permit btw?
    i really have no idea. is there a way i can find this out?

ReputationRep:
    i really have no idea. is there a way i can find this out?
    If he hasn't got enough caps then that would be a reason or if you have just put him into the team using the database and not actually bought him.

Other than that I reckon your best bet would be to load up another game, scout him and see what that says about how likely he is to get a work permit.
    Also if you have bought him recently then check your news feeds and see if there is anything you missed.

From what I can remember most players turned down for a work permit you couldn't actually sign, but I might be mistaken here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    He never needed a work permit on my fm08. I bought him with Liverpool in my first season.
    Russia is not in the EU and he doesn't have a second nationality, therefore he damn well does need a work permit. In your case he got a permit, either because you got lucky and a conditional permit was granted, or because you bought him later in the season and his record at international level by that time was good enough that a permit could be granted because of that.

(Original post by roryq)

What the hell? Do you even know how the citizenship thing works in FM? Because, well, that's a crock.

x
    Two options for you. If your game's been going on for a wee while and Russia have played quite a few international games, check to see if he has been playing in those games - if he has, offer him a new contract. With signing a new contract, a new work permit application will be submitted and if he's played enough international football (I think the official stance is 75% of the national team's games in the past 2 years? Something like that anyway) then he should get a work permit.
    Alternatively, get a feeder club in Belgium or Poland and send him there. Players can gain citizenship in those countries after three years, which is the shortest time possible bar one exception (a Spanish feeder is handy to have if you like bringing in kids from South America, as South Americans sent to a Spanish feeder can gain citizenship in only two years; otherwise Spain should be avoided like the ****ing plague because it takes 10 years for people to get citizenship there, the same period as England)

Edit: As for the others that roryq mentioned, France takes 5 years, Italy takes 5 years and Germany takes 8 years.
    There's also a rather unusual one in that while England/Scotland/Wales are 10 years, Northern Ireland takes just 3 years. In FM09 I think any potential abuse of this has been scuppered by those four being bundled together to form a Great Britain nationality, but in theory (I've never tried it) it should be exploitable in FM08 if you can get a Northern Irish feeder (can't say I ever have, in truth )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Russia is not in the EU and he doesn't have a second nationality, therefore he damn well does need a work permit. In your case he got a permit, either because you got lucky and a conditional permit was granted, or because you bought him later in the season and his record at international level by that time was good enough that a permit could be granted because of that.

What the hell? Do you even know how the citizenship thing works in FM? Because, well, that's a crock.

Two options for you. If your game's been going on for a wee while and Russia have played quite a few international games, check to see if he has been playing in those games - if he has, offer him a new contract. With signing a new contract, a new work permit application will be submitted and if he's played enough international football (I think the official stance is 75% of the national team's games in the past 2 years? Something like that anyway) then he should get a work permit.
    Alternatively, get a feeder club in Belgium or Poland and send him there. Players can gain citizenship in those countries after three years, which is the shortest time possible bar one exception (a Spanish feeder is handy to have if you like bringing in kids from South America, as South Americans sent to a Spanish feeder can gain citizenship in only two years; otherwise Spain should be avoided like the ****ing plague because it takes 10 years for people to get citizenship there, the same period as England)

Edit: As for the others that roryq mentioned, France takes 5 years, Italy takes 5 years and Germany takes 8 years.
    There's also a rather unusual one in that while England/Scotland/Wales are 10 years, Northern Ireland takes just 3 years. In FM09 I think any potential abuse of this has been scuppered by those four being bundled together to form a Great Britain nationality, but in theory (I've never tried it) it should be exploitable in FM08 if you can get a Northern Irish feeder (can't say I ever have, in truth )
    thanks for all that I'll let you know how i get on

ReputationRep:

England is 5 years :confused:

'Almunia will qualify for British citizenship in July 2009 having spent five years residence in the United Kingdom'

That is a real life example, I don't know where you got 10 years from (unless I'm missing something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    England is 5 years :confused:

'Almunia will qualify for British citizenship in July 2009 having spent five years residence in the United Kingdom'

That is a real life example, I don't know where you got 10 years from (unless I'm missing something)
    Good spot, and I have no idea what I was thinking about at the time. The only ones with 10 years are Greece, Monaco, Morocco, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey...other lengthy ones are Brazil (15 years), Algeria (20 years), Egypt (20 years), Andorra (25 years) and Japan (according to the FM database, 100 years :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin isn't worth the money. I bought him in my first season with Newcastle. Unless I play him in Milner's position he sucks in my team. I had no work permit issues tho, the dude got one straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Good spot, and I have no idea what I was thinking about at the time. The only ones with 10 years are Greece, Monaco, Morocco, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey...other lengthy ones are Brazil (15 years), Algeria (20 years), Egypt (20 years), Andorra (25 years) and Japan (according to the FM database, 100 years :rofl:)
    You'd have thought that Andorra would be grateful to foreign players taking on their citizenship as it could only make them better.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.