Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am going to study a postgraduate programme (MSc Marketing & Strategy) @ Warwick Business Schoon starting in September.

Could anyone please give me some information regarding the following questions:

1. Where does the majority of postgraduates live (especially those from WBS) --> on cmapus or off campus?

As I am an outgoing person, likes to party a lot...social life is quite important for me:

2. Which would be the best city to live (considering social life, partying, clubs, bars...) --> Coventry, Leamington or Kenilworth

3. Which of the places Lakeside, Heronbank, Claycroft or Tocil is the best on campus accomodation (also considering social life, partying...)?

It would great to your feedback!

Thanks and best regards.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I can't really help that much since I'm not a postgrad but Claycroft and Tocil are more "sociable" than Heronbank and Lakeside which are both quite quiet and slightly further out. Most students live in either Cov/Leamington; there are more clubs in Coventry but you can still have a good night out in Leam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiyoo)
    Hello,

I am going to study a postgraduate programme (MSc Marketing & Strategy) @ Warwick Business Schoon starting in September.

Could anyone please give me some information regarding the following questions:

1. Where does the majority of postgraduates live (especially those from WBS) --> on cmapus or off campus?

As I am an outgoing person, likes to party a lot...social life is quite important for me:

2. Which would be the best city to live (considering social life, partying, clubs, bars...) --> Coventry, Leamington or Kenilworth

3. Which of the places Lakeside, Heronbank, Claycroft or Tocil is the best on campus accomodation (also considering social life, partying...)?

It would great to your feedback!

Thanks and best regards.
    I am an undergrad so please take my opinion with a pinch of salt, I do know quite a few postgrads but hopefully someone else will post who knows more;

1. I believe there is a lot in the off campus areas of Cov. Close to campus (Earlsdon area). Its cheap and convenient as opposed to Leamington which is less so (especially with regard to convenience!)
    And obviously the on campus postgrad accomodations have post grads in

2.Not Kenilworth!

3. As accomodations they are quite similar. I dont honestly know about social life. If it was UnderGrad or you plan to go and find some undergrads to party with prob tocil.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

thanks for the reply...from your point of view. Which would be better: Staying on or off campus?

I just think, maybe it might get anoying staying all the time (day n night) @ university...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Richiyoo,

I am also joining WBS, but for a master on management and organizational analysis.
    I also loooove to party, make cocktails, dinner or dance the whole night =)

I am currently looking for houses cause I did not get an on campus accommodation.
    Send me a message if you have doubts or if you want to discuss any topic related to the unviersity.

It seems for me that there are always trade-offs.
    Coventry is closer, but Leamington seems prettier and with a good night.
    Did you already find a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    2.Not Kenilworth!
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    How come?
    Virtually no students live there. No nightlife there either.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.