Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I need to gain weight ? ( Pics ) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'10 and weigh 70KG ( +/- 1 KG ). I know I'm really skinny at the moment , but what would be a suitable target for me , I don't go to the gym , so don't want to put on a lot of weight or I might end up chubby.

I don't want anyone to tell me I'm skinny and need to pack on some muscles + fat , because I already know this. And even if you do it's not going to effect me .

So is 5KG a good target , or will I just look really chubby ?. I don't know ?.

ReputationRep:
    You're NOT skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Do a bicep muscle show and post it here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    You're NOT skinny.
    Sure ?. I need more muscles don't I. Just like a bit more toned , I don't go to the gym so I guess I'm a decent size , but I just want to put on some weight .

I shouldn't be asking you anyway you're probably way older :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought a simple opaque circle would have done the job. Top marks for effort. You're not skinny either

ReputationRep:
    errmm go gym?

if not - why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    errmm go gym?

if not - why not
    I'm fifteen and don't have enough money , which is why I asked you how much a barbell bench press costs on ebay :p: . Should I just wait until like college or something to go gym ?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    I'm fifteen and don't have enough money , which is why I asked you how much a barbell bench press costs on ebay . Should I just wait until like college or something to go gym ?.
    do SOMETHING

push-ups

dips between chairs

until u get to the gym/can buy decent weights

do the movements best u can so ur ahead before u even go

ReputationRep:
    ur 15 , i wish i had that body wen i was ur age , our of interest were are u from?

ReputationRep:
    do SOMETHING

push-ups

dips between chairs

until u get to the gym/can buy decent weights

do the movements best u can so ur ahead before u even go
    Alright , why put " Something " in capitals , are you trying emphasis the fact that I'm skinnier than you , and need to take action :p:

Are resistance bands any good ?.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic, but why did you draw over your face when there's a photo of you on your profile?

ReputationRep:
    Alright , why put " Something " in capitals , are you trying emphasis the fact that I'm skinnier than you , and need to take action

Are resistance bands any good ?.
    no, u read me wrong

i meant do something / anything just be active n use ur muscles until u can use gym

not really, limited use

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    no, u read me wrong

i meant do something / anything just be active n use ur muscles until u can use gym

not really, limited use
    Right .

I'll do some press-ups then and some dips , Infact I have normal dumbells. But I figured if I used them for my arms , in a year my arms could possibly be seriously out of proportion to the rest of my body :P.

Thanks aswell !

ReputationRep:
    Right .

I'll do some press-ups then and some dips , Infact I have normal dumbells. But I figured if I used them for my arms , in a year my arms could possibly be seriously out of proportion to the rest of my body :P.

Thanks aswell !
    u can do other stuff with dumbells

TBH u have a decent base to build from

so dont mess it up by eating to gain 5kg cos u will get fat unless u are training at the gym to use them extra nutrients

eat same as u do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BencherBoy)
    ur 15 , i wish i had that body wen i was ur age , our of interest were are u from?

SE London why ?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    Off topic, but why did you draw over your face when there's a photo of you on your profile?
    Not sureee.

ReputationRep:
    I think you look good =]

ReputationRep:
    oh for god sake I hate people who say they're skinny when in fact I'm half the size of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    oh for god sake I hate people who say they're skinny when in fact I'm half the size of them
    eating meat helps x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.