Turn on thread page Beta

Do I need to gain weight ? ( Pics ) watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'10 and weigh 70KG ( +/- 1 KG ). I know I'm really skinny at the moment , but what would be a suitable target for me , I don't go to the gym , so don't want to put on a lot of weight or I might end up chubby.

I don't want anyone to tell me I'm skinny and need to pack on some muscles + fat , because I already know this. And even if you do it's not going to effect me .

So is 5KG a good target , or will I just look really chubby ?. I don't know ?.

ReputationRep:
    You're NOT skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Do a bicep muscle show and post it here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    You're NOT skinny.
    Sure ?. I need more muscles don't I. Just like a bit more toned , I don't go to the gym so I guess I'm a decent size , but I just want to put on some weight .

I shouldn't be asking you anyway you're probably way older :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought a simple opaque circle would have done the job. Top marks for effort. You're not skinny either

ReputationRep:
    errmm go gym?

if not - why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    errmm go gym?

if not - why not
    I'm fifteen and don't have enough money , which is why I asked you how much a barbell bench press costs on ebay :p: . Should I just wait until like college or something to go gym ?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    I'm fifteen and don't have enough money , which is why I asked you how much a barbell bench press costs on ebay . Should I just wait until like college or something to go gym ?.
    do SOMETHING

push-ups

dips between chairs

until u get to the gym/can buy decent weights

do the movements best u can so ur ahead before u even go

ReputationRep:
    ur 15 , i wish i had that body wen i was ur age , our of interest were are u from?

ReputationRep:
    do SOMETHING

push-ups

dips between chairs

until u get to the gym/can buy decent weights

do the movements best u can so ur ahead before u even go
    Alright , why put " Something " in capitals , are you trying emphasis the fact that I'm skinnier than you , and need to take action :p:

Are resistance bands any good ?.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic, but why did you draw over your face when there's a photo of you on your profile?

ReputationRep:
    Alright , why put " Something " in capitals , are you trying emphasis the fact that I'm skinnier than you , and need to take action

Are resistance bands any good ?.
    no, u read me wrong

i meant do something / anything just be active n use ur muscles until u can use gym

not really, limited use

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    no, u read me wrong

i meant do something / anything just be active n use ur muscles until u can use gym

not really, limited use
    Right .

I'll do some press-ups then and some dips , Infact I have normal dumbells. But I figured if I used them for my arms , in a year my arms could possibly be seriously out of proportion to the rest of my body :P.

Thanks aswell !

ReputationRep:
    Right .

I'll do some press-ups then and some dips , Infact I have normal dumbells. But I figured if I used them for my arms , in a year my arms could possibly be seriously out of proportion to the rest of my body :P.

Thanks aswell !
    u can do other stuff with dumbells

TBH u have a decent base to build from

so dont mess it up by eating to gain 5kg cos u will get fat unless u are training at the gym to use them extra nutrients

eat same as u do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BencherBoy)
    ur 15 , i wish i had that body wen i was ur age , our of interest were are u from?

SE London why ?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    Off topic, but why did you draw over your face when there's a photo of you on your profile?
    Not sureee.

ReputationRep:
    I think you look good =]

ReputationRep:
    oh for god sake I hate people who say they're skinny when in fact I'm half the size of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    oh for god sake I hate people who say they're skinny when in fact I'm half the size of them
    eating meat helps x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.