Turn on thread page Beta

Should we have compulsory citizenship tests for all citizens (not just immigrants)? watch

• View Poll Results: For or against compulsory citizenship tests for all members of the country?
    Yes, unconditionally
    7.89%
    Yes, if there are no consequences of failure besides loss of citizenship categorization & benefits
    13.16%
    No
    78.95%

ReputationRep:
    No.
    I didn't choose to be born here, so why should I have to know anything about the country?
    However, I would like to move to Spain in the future and I wouldn't mind doing a Citizenship test.
    Anyway, as if most of the immigrants in Britain come in legitimately, so what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    You clearly need to be deported. Anyone with me here. I think I am going to create a facebook group asking for your deportation.
    Don't deport me for being stupid

ReputationRep:
    I just had a bash at one (here) and I got a whopping 33%. Do I win?

I think it'd be an awful idea.

ReputationRep:
    National Service would be a better use of resources and the most adequate citizenship test

ReputationRep:
    I think it's somewhat hypocritical that immigrants eventually learn more about the UK than the indigens. I think it's doubtless that most UK citizens who were born in the UK would fail the test. But then again a good part of them do take citizenship lessons at school. The only thing that bothers me the most is people who have the right to vote but don't research politics properly, that's the only thing I'm bitter about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily think a citizenship test is the way to go, but it would be good if everyone entitled to claim for the benefits of living in a welfare state had to show they were actively trying to contribute to society, taxes etc

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.