Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    'Good on you'? I don't need a pat on the back for being cultured tbh..
    Yes you do, you're a working class yobo at heart, but good on you for fighting it.

ReputationRep:
    Got brought up on rock and pop music and later into metal but I love classical.

Oh, and I'm total working class, bruv.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how people can dismiss it is boring. Some of it is incredibly exciting and powerful- the last movement of Beethoven's 5th, for example - some are very fast-paced, and other pieces, although slower, are so beautiful that I personally could never just have it on as 'background' music, I always have to listen to it properly.

People have an image of it as dull and boring, when in fact there is an incredible variety of styles - exciting, fast, playful, romantic, mournful, soul-stirring, rousing, modern, atmospheric (eg. Danse Macabre by Saint-Saens, 'Hoedown' in the Rodeo Series by Copland), tender, tear-jerkingly sad, beautiful, or combinations of these...

ReputationRep:
    I was born in east London to a telephone engineer father and mother ... and I love classical music, listen to a mix of baroque and rock music.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.