Turn on thread page Beta

Coca Cola syrup? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I would love to make myself some deep fried Coca-Cola. Unfortunately, it seems the recipe requires "(Coca) cola syrup" - does anyone know where might I get it, either UK retailers or maybe on-line? :confused:

Never heard or seen it, so I'd appreciate all tips and help

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Hello all,

I would love to make myself some deep fried Coca-Cola. Unfortunately, it seems the recipe requires "(Coca) cola syrup" - does anyone know where might I get it, either UK retailers or maybe on-line? :confused:

Never heard or seen it, so I'd appreciate all tips and help

Many thanks
    Soda stream stockists possibly, otherwise I'm imagine you'd only be able to get the 2.5/5 litre post-mix tubs from wholesalers.

Of course you could just reduce some coke down in a pan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    Soda stream stockists possibly, otherwise I'm imagine you'd only be able to get the 2.5/5 litre post-mix tubs from wholesalers.
    What are the post-mix tubs? :confused: never heard about it, lol - and do you know whom should I get in touch with? Britvic? Coca-Cola UK?

TBH I'd be well off with 1L bottle, not sure if they'd sell me that tiny amount anyway :confused:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    Of course you could just reduce some coke down in a pan
    Hmph. Seems like an idea, how do I do this?

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the way that pubs/clubs/restaurants 'make' cola is to mix the syrup with soda water. That's why sometimes it's very flavoursome and other times it's watery.

I imagine you can just boil cola (simmer it) until all the water has evaporated. But it would be very hot (boiling sugar) and might ruin your pan with all the chemicals and colourings.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest breaking into your local mcdonalds. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any friends who work in fast food? My mate at work was really addicted to those limited edition chilli heatwave doritos, so he gave his boss the money and they ordered an extra box of them when they did their weekly stock order.

Or you could try wholesale, but its a long shot.

ReputationRep:
    A quick google research suggests you ask your local pharmacy for "Cola Syrup" :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    What are the post-mix tubs? :confused: never heard about it, lol - and do you know whom should I get in touch with? Britvic? Coca-Cola UK?

TBH I'd be well off with 1L bottle, not sure if they'd sell me that tiny amount anyway :confused:

Hmph. Seems like an idea, how do I do this?
    Post mix are the tubs of syrup that are used in coke/pepsi machines in bars etc. The easiest way is to pour a bottle of coke into a pan then simmer until it is a syrup. Or find the soda stream shiznitz

Here: http://www.sodastream.co.uk/gbretail...SYRUPS&Page=1#

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    Post mix are the tubs of syrup that are used in coke/pepsi machines in bars etc.
    Whom should I get in touch for those, then?

BTW: Thanks for the links and all help. Greatly appreciated :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Do you have any friends who work in fast food? My mate at work was really addicted to those limited edition chilli heatwave doritos, so he gave his boss the money and they ordered an extra box of them when they did their weekly stock order.

Or you could try wholesale, but its a long shot.
    My next door neighbour won the competition to do the advert for those

Once, when he was babysitting me, when I was a young'in, he destroyed my lego tower once I'd gone to sleep

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.