The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The novel, I had to really rush the poetry and didn't finish it.
Reply 2
POETRY!! hated of mice and men, love the poetry, know them inside out, cant wait for the different cultures poetry now, lol
Reply 3
I don't think it was easy, but it wasn't particularly hard either.
Reply 4
mtbab
POETRY!! hated of mice and men, love the poetry, know them inside out, cant wait for the different cultures poetry now, lol

nah of mice and men had a fairly good question!

anyway, poems from other cultures should be easier to revise. what a relief.
Reply 5
gemgems89
nah of mice and men had a fairly good question!

anyway, poems from other cultures should be easier to revise. what a relief.

espec as you only have to compare two, yeh mice and men q was good but i hated the book.lol.
Reply 6
mtbab
espec as you only have to compare two, yeh mice and men q was good but i hated the book.lol.

ye but you get an hour for two poems so you have to go into more detail but yeh its still better.

of mice and men was quite gripping i liked it, but after reading it about 5 times to get to know it, I kinda got bored...lol.
Reply 7
It was a pretty nice exam actually. However, the poems that i had wanted to talk about didnt come up so i guess i had to improvise a little but oh well. The short story question was ok too :smile:
Reply 8
gemgems89
ye but you get an hour for two poems so you have to go into more detail but yeh its still better.

of mice and men was quite gripping i liked it, but after reading it about 5 times to get to know it, I kinda got bored...lol.

yeh i read it twice hated it the first time because we a cover teach di it with us and he did voices which i hated so second time i read it bared it, but just hated it still, i'm sure in 50yrs time ill like it lol
Reply 9
mtbab
yeh i read it twice hated it the first time because we a cover teach di it with us and he did voices which i hated so second time i read it bared it, but just hated it still, i'm sure in 50yrs time ill like it lol

lol, oh im never gonna touch that book again! i just cant face it. i hate reading books more than once (not that i read them) and its the same with films, whats the point in watching them again? unless its a really funny film..
Reply 10
gemgems89
lol, oh im never gonna touch that book again! i just cant face it. i hate reading books more than once (not that i read them) and its the same with films, whats the point in watching them again? unless its a really funny film..

lol tru with films but even with funny ones becuase you know all the jokes lol
mtbab
lol tru with films but even with funny ones becuase you know all the jokes lol

lol yeh exactly.
I actually enjoyed writing about both my set text and the poems, I like english lit. I hated the fact we only 1 hr 45 minutes, I could have put so much more, Ididn't have the time to go into as much detail as I wanted.
for my aqa lit i found inspector calls easiest, then war poetry then of mice and men the hardest
Reply 14
poetry=easy
novel=hard
Reply 15
Both equal really -plenty to say about each. That said, there was a particularly good Catcher question to get going on, and the poetry question 25 was pretty good as well.
Reply 16
I thought it was quite good, I was smiling when I got a question about his relationship with the family for Kestrel for a Knave. It was what I had revised the night before :biggrin:
Reply 17
hmm last year i did english on aqa and they ****ed up the marking. only 7 ppl in my year (i go to a grammar school) got a*s when about were expected. anyway about 10 ppl sent off for a remark and they all went up so aqa issued a remark of all of our papers for free and i ended up going up by 13 marks!!
Reply 18
i found them both quite easy. more the novel than the poetry. i still cant believe i finished the questions. i think that the mice and men question had to be the easiest i have ever come across.
Reply 19
Yeah relatively easy, i reckon timing let me down a bit though

Latest