Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls do you think you're pretty? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you are pretty?
    Yes
    45.16%
    No
    54.84%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    You're all lovely.
    You're so pretty :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno sometimes I look in the mirror and think "Ew"...other times I'm like "Hey...I'm pretty cute!"

ReputationRep:
    Pretty is ... not the term I usually get. Some days I feel quite good about my appearance, others I detest myself for it. Those are usually family slideshow days

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to lie or put on a show of false modesty. Hellz yeah I do.

ReputationRep:
    Great thread separates the big headed girls from the self-conscious/depressed ones... :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, some days I feel great about myself, other days I feel rubbish and don't want to leave my house.

And most of you girls who are saying "no/I'm alright" are very pretty indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtamtintok)
    Great thread separates the big headed girls from the self-conscious/depressed ones... :borat:

Well:blush: I do try
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm average, and that if i put a bit of effort into how i look i might be able to pass for pretty, but definitely not beautiful or anything of that sort

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe so many of you think that you're not pretty, the profile pictures of people in this thread are all stunning! Some of you look like models! :woo:

If you guys are average then i'm Susan Boyle
    Sometimes I think i'm pretty but it depends on the lighting and which mirror i'm looking in, realistically though I know i'm less than average.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't

ReputationRep:
    OP I can't believe you watch that show, it's trash. May be wrong here but the impression I got from the minute or so I watched of it: the hosts are trying to inspire confidence in girls, yet they're actually advocating that girls compare their bodies with those of celebrities, which is surely going to knock them?

(Original post by _Fleur_)
    I'm not going to lie or put on a show of false modesty. Hellz yeah I do.
    This is the kind of confidence guys like :p:

ReputationRep:
    It might've been useful to vote for how good looking girls think they are out of 10.

ReputationRep:
    If you do not have a profile picture do not bother commenting!

ReputationRep:
    many girls are immersed in Flattery or self-love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Unattractive girls are the smallest, most disregarded and yet simultaneously hated category in all the world. So much so that the word "girls" does not include 'unpretty' girls by definition.

Yet the vast majority of girls bend over backwards to exclaim about their inferior looks to appear sweet and humble. If you really feel you are entirely unpretty, you don't tempt fate by drawing attention to your aesthetic merit, or lack thereof.
    I completely agree, and I would go further to suggest that most are being insincere too, which surely makes it worse?

ReputationRep:
    "The magic combo of beauty and low self-esteem"

- Mark Corrigan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    No.

I think I have nice eyes though, but that's probably from years of people telling me I do.
    That is exactly what I thought.

ReputationRep:
    No I bloody don't.
    That comes from a combination of 1) not being pretty, funnily enough 2) getting bullied in many different circumstances and basically being told I'm not and 3) personal issues stemming from that and other things.
    I'm never going to like the way I look, regardless of what I do actually look like. I could look like... well, I nearly wrote that I could look like Jessica Alba and hate it but I probably wouldn't :p: but yeah, my point is I'm always going to have low self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    Not pretty, I just have a sort of weird face and weirder hair.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.