Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls do you think you're pretty? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you are pretty?
    Yes
    45.16%
    No
    54.84%

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, just depends how I'm feeling. But then i hardly get any attention from guys so most of the time I don't think I am at all.

ReputationRep:
    If I go by what tha majority of people including random strangers tell me, then yes I am pretty.

But I honestly can't see it.

From far away I think I'm okay but close up, not so much. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see without pics!

ReputationRep:
    Almost every girl will find some fault in their looks. We are aiming for perfection, which is usually only possible through Photoshop.

ReputationRep:
    yes I do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If I make an effort, I can be. But without making an effort, then I'm really not. I don't think I'm as pretty as those girls who can wake up, go out without any make-up and still look gorgeous. I guess that makes me kind of average, but I'm fine with that :]

ReputationRep:
    There should be a sometimes answer on that poll

ReputationRep:
    Below average?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls say their not pretty fishing for compliments.

You should have confidence in yourselves, confidence (not arrogance) can make anyone appear attractive and such even if their average or even a little bit unattractive otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    I'm not hideous but then again I'm nothing special either. I would call myself average.
    If thats you in your profile, you're definately well above average in my book

Edit:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but only to an extent i.e. average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    Not at all.
    WTF are you on? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I'll get ready to go out and think yeahh I actually look pretty But then other days definately not. Thats what girls are like.

But then I know I'm far too influenced by what other people say. I've heard too many times that I'm not pretty. For some reason, people don't tell you if so-and-so said I looked pretty, but then if they say I'm not, I know about it.

ReputationRep:
    yes i do

ReputationRep:
    No. But I think that I have nice eyes .

ReputationRep:
    I must tell you that a lot of girls here who say "No, not at all", "I'm a monster", "I'm average" are so wrong. I'm bloody serious.

ReputationRep:
    I think if any of the girls openly said they think they are pretty, it might be interpreted by other as a bossy tone and not a very nice person, that's what I think anyway Most girls are pretty anyway.

I think seeing how the majority of us will get married sometime in our life, someone will think ou are pretty......
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No not even remotely. In the past couple of months my self esteem has dropped to low levels I didn't actually think imaginable. I used to think I was just average, but now I bawl every time I see myself in a mirror.

I think it's largely hormonal but it's really getting me down.

I didn't think I'd ever feel THIS bad about myself, but there we go, I guess these things can't be predicted.

ReputationRep:
    I love how some of the girls on here are saying that they aren't pretty and yet they're the ones that have photos on of themselves! I think you know you are, you're just digging....

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm average, because people either love my looks, or hate them to the point of bullying.
    You can't please everyone. My boyfriend thinks I'm gorgeous, so I don't really mind if no-one else does.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.