Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls do you think you're pretty? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you are pretty?
    Yes
    45.16%
    No
    54.84%

ReputationRep:
    not really but i don't think im ugly...im confident with my looks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    I'm not hideous but then again I'm nothing special either. I would call myself average.
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Honestly though, I'm all right.

There's nothing special about me, nor is there anything majorly wrong with me.

I'm happy, so I voted 'yes' :yy:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    No I bloody don't.
    That comes from a combination of 1) not being pretty, funnily enough 2) getting bullied in many different circumstances and basically being told I'm not and 3) personal issues stemming from that and other things.
    I'm never going to like the way I look, regardless of what I do actually look like. I could look like... well, I nearly wrote that I could look like Jessica Alba and hate it but I probably wouldn't :p: but yeah, my point is I'm always going to have low self esteem.
    There's nothing remotely average about any of you :redface:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen uglier than me There are still a lot prettier than me.. I would say I'm around average looking

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think I look terrible, but generally I'm happy with how I look

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 50% both ways, this is just from TSR girls, just think what girls out there think of themselves.

So girls do know when they're good looking.....learnt something..

ReputationRep:
    I'm OK I guess, so I voted yes.

Not amazingly attractive, but nice enough to look at, well at least I think so!

ReputationRep:
    I dont like the word pretty anymore, Im happy with myself i have to be, its all i have

ReputationRep:
    Yes 42 50.00%
    No 42 50.00%

ReputationRep:
    I've honestly never thought much of myself at all :-/ having a lot of gorgeous girl friends crushes your self esteem in the looks department

ReputationRep:
    i get told i'm pretty but i don't see it personally, i think i'm ok but wouldn't bat an eyelid at myself in comparison to the people i think are pretty... some days i can think i look alright in the mirror, but see myself in a picture and just think VILE so it's always a battle

maybe we're all too self critical though? virtually every person who's said they're average i've took a lot at their photo and thought 'ahhh they're nice... what they talking about?' think we all need to stop comparing ourselves to the really pretty girls and assuming we're unattractive, and just accept ourselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    It depends on the day. :dontknow:
    Sometimes, I feel horrible and really unattractive and sometimes I feel okay.
    yh, this :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm pretty. I have good days and bad days (the good where I think I'm alright, the bad where, well, nothing would change my mind) I've been called pretty, but I don't believe it, but the boy thinks I'm gorgeous, and that's his right to think that, he does love me.

ReputationRep:
    oh its 50/50 average...

ReputationRep:
    I don't ask other people if they think I am, because judging from the reactions I get on a daily basis, it's just something you learn you are. I haven't always been attractive however, so it's still not something I'm at all used to being. I still see myself as the fat, big glasses, geeky chubby little hippy that I was bullied for in school.

Being attractive as an adult is a lot different to being bullied for being unattractive as a teenager.

ReputationRep:
    how can you people say no (yes i looked at your profilepic :p:) you're all pretty lool,i dont get it

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm pretty, but I know i'm obviously not pretty to everyone. My mom always calls me beautiful, but thats moms for you!

ReputationRep:
    Most girls just say that they think they´re ugly just to get us guys massaging their egos.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'm hideous but I wouldn't call myself pretty. just alright.

ReputationRep:
    it's currently 50/50
    I'd say no I'm not pretty but I do however like my eyes

ReputationRep:
    No, I've tried everything to make myself look good apart from plastic surgery... hmm.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.