Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls do you think you're pretty? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you are pretty?
    Yes
    45.16%
    No
    54.84%

ReputationRep:
    I think it's kind of sad that some people feel the need to be told constantly how they look... Like someone else said, you know from how other people react to you whether you are good looking! Or not! Whatever the case is...

ReputationRep:
    At high school you know that your group of friends is rated in order of attractiveness by guys - I was always the ugliest one in the group, often being told so.
    I don't think my face is pretty at all, my nose for example has a big bump and looks completely different on the right side compared to the left. That's just... not normal.

I do like some pictures of myself which I feel show a part of my personality perhaps more than my physical looks (such as my profile picture), though.
    The pictures that show me at my plainest, how I physically really am, are the most horrible - my passport photo for example, no smile, hair behind ears; discusting, I will never show anyone who I don't have to. But if I am smiling or caught unaware during an action (such as looking for fossils in my profile picture) I think I can look pretty, or at least not unattractive. I always worry when I meet new people that they will be repulsed by me but that hasn't happened yet - So I think maybe my personality and optimism cancels out some of my physical features.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    Most girls just say that they think they´re ugly just to get us guys massaging their egos.
    :yes:

There are some pretty girls in here, but I won't go naming names. I men surely on some level they must know it, purely based on the attention they get.

What annoys me the most is when girls get a lot of attention from guys, but because they're not the kind of guys they want, they just say they're average or ugly and that they're jealous of other girls, when clearly people like them. And they tend to mention how they need surgery or something, sometimes joking, sometimes not, yet you know they'd never do it.

But then at the same time, it's annoying when girls admit that they're something special.

Pretty, down to earth, yet confident girls for the win

ReputationRep:
    I think that I look alright ... don't think I look like a moster ... I hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    At high school you know that your group of friends is rated in order of attractiveness by guys - I was always the ugliest one in the group, often being told so.
    I don't think my face is pretty at all, my nose for example has a big bump and looks completely different on the right side compared to the left. That's just... not normal.

I do like some pictures of myself which I feel show a part of my personality perhaps more than my physical looks (such as my profile picture), though.
    The pictures that show me at my plainest, how I physically really am, are the most horrible - my passport photo for example, no smile, hair behind ears; discusting, I will never show anyone who I don't have to. But if I am smiling or caught unaware during an action (such as looking for fossils in my profile picture) I think I can look pretty, or at least not unattractive. I always worry when I meet new people that they will be repulsed by me but that hasn't happened yet - So I think maybe my personality and optimism cancels out some of my physical features.
    i personally think you're gorgeous, i really do... which goes to show, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

ReputationRep:
    I hate a few things about myself but at least I don't have some kind of deformation.

ReputationRep:
    in a purely physical/aesthetic sense-

yes i think i am attractive/pretty... i don't think there is anything wrong with finding yourself beautiful.

beauty is subjective so i understand that some people may not find me beautiful because each to their own.

I also just want to say this-
    physical beauty is not born, it is made.

i work very hard to be beautiful.
    i believe beauty takes effort

and yeah i understand some people possess more attractive traits by nature but we can all work to better/improve ourselves =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    HA! My nose is the same, it's because the complete left side of my face is like pushed back or something, it's further back than my right side It's not that visible though.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm ok looking, I have days where I feel like I look nice and others where I feel a beast. I tend to think I probably look more attractive than pretty though, there is a difference, I think.

ReputationRep:
    There should be a "Guys: do you think you're pretty thread" Because i think i'm a beast!

ReputationRep:
    I’d say I was fairly average – I think there are a lot of people that look like me, which I don’t like. I’d prefer a more individual look, even if that wasn’t necessarily the stereotypically ‘pretty’ look. I know that there are A LOT of people better looking than me but also people who are not so attractive; some days I really like the way I look and others I’m convinced I’m hideous. I hate photographs of myself as I’m always way too critical.

Self-esteem is the main issue I think with a lot of girls; I have friends who I consider to be GORGEOUS but they just think they’re ‘average’ or even ugly! It’s crazy, we should all try and go a bit easier on ourselves – easier said than done though!

ReputationRep:
    I will say though, I would never have surgery.
    I could technically get my nose 'fixed', my ears cut down to proportion, my eyebrows plucked... but the idea is terrible to me, especially since most nose jobs look so freakish to me, so perfect. I am who I am - flaws included, changing that would just seem wrong somehow. So I must not hate myself that much, eh?
    I prefer just not to think about it, I can't really compare myself to other people because I'm unusual... I don't see anyone who looks similar to me, which could be awful or great. There is hope, one guy saying I am beautiful outweighs a thousand saying that I'm not to my mind - so I will probably find the right one eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    There should be a "Guys: do you think you're pretty thread" Because i think i'm a beast!
    :yes: you're good looking but it doesn't help when you say it all the time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    :yes: you're good looking but it doesn't help when you say it all the time :p:
    True, i'll stop. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    No.

I think I have nice eyes though, but that's probably from years of people telling me I do.

nice?

Your eyes are Amazing...

ReputationRep:
    I'm alright :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    Not at all.
    Have you ever looked in the mirror!? if that's you in your profile pic, you're absolutely stunning tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Ayesha*)
    I agree..theres a whole list f things i wud have surgery on but then i wudnt be me so wot would be the point because to the world you may be ugly but to one person u can tunr out to be there WORLD...

Also i agree with the unusual bit that you wrote...i look unusual too lol
    i understand what you're saying but in my opinon someone's physical apperance is not what makes them them. it doesn't define them as a person.
    so if you change your apperance you are still you.

ReputationRep:
    Common, hot girls should know they are hot, pretty girls should know that they are pretty.

[edit] On second thoughts not really into stroking ego's

But what I will say is there are far to many girls on here fishing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.