The Student Room Group
bad results, don't like the uni, don't like their degree, failed, medical grounds, job offers, fed up with education, its not of them, money issue, the list can go on :p:
My teachers had pretty low expectations for me, and predicted low grades for me, and I applied to low ranked unis, my parents didnt go to uni and thought that it was amazing I was going to uni so I was encouraged, then on results day I got AAAB.

But by then I had already got a firm choice and a student loan so I went anyway, after a week I already knew I wasn't fulfilling my potential, so I left before christmas, and reapplied through ucas, I got accepted into Durham, Warwick, Leicester, York etc.

So I dont see why people associate dropping out with failure, in my opinion my chances of failure would have been higher if I had stayed at a crappy uni.
Reply 3
I dont think dropping out is failure. If you decide to drop out then you havnt failed you made a choice you didnt fail. If you got booted out due to bad grades then yeah you failed, in a sense you faield yourself. You chose whats best for you!
robinson999
bad results, don't like the uni, don't like their degree, failed, medical grounds, job offers, fed up with education, its not for them, money issue, the list can go on :p:

My reason for quitting uni first time round was all of these!
Reply 5
robinson999
bad results, don't like the uni, don't like their degree, failed, medical grounds, job offers, fed up with education, its not of them, money issue, the list can go on :p:

:ditto: - There are plenty of reasons for dropping out.

Latest

Trending

Trending