Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You're not mature enough to be in a relationship. Wait a few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Having thrush isn't really something you want every one to know don't you think.
    why? :lolwut:

it's totally human, do u rele fink nobody else has had thrush? :confused:

you're embarassed by things that are non-embarassing, chillout pls. kthxbai :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    Oh come on! Thrush is incredibly common, not some exotic disease, I doubt your boyfriend would be that horrified. Even if it does gross him out, why should he not know about an infection that he has?
    She gave him the infection...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    She gave him the infection...
    But now he has it, he should be able to deal with it without needing to be drugged and lied to! He might even have had symptoms, and if they suddenly magically disappear he won't know what it is, and if it comes back in the future he won't know how to deal with it. Thrush happens, and it's better that he learns about it now, especially if he has a girlfriend who is prone to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    But now he has it, he should be able to deal with it without needing to be drugged and lied to! He might even have had symptoms, and if they suddenly magically disappear he won't know what it is, and if it comes back in the future he won't know how to deal with it. Thrush happens, and it's better that he learns about it now, especially if he has a girlfriend who is prone to it.
    I completely agree, and have had oral thrush myself so I can attest to it being nothing more than a nuisance. But it was your initial tone that surprised me; that the boyfriend would be considered unreasonable for complaining about an infection that he unwittingly caught from his girlfriend.

Some pretty uptight people in this thread. Just slip him the pill. I would much prefer to not know about it, and be rid of it. Those sorta things gross guys out. Although... for some reason if I found out my girlfriend had slipped me a pill I would DESTROY HER, regardless of the reason.

Funny how that works.

ReputationRep:
    As someone else said, if you can't talk to him about this kind of thing maybe you shouldn't be having sex with him. Honestly, you can either carry on with your thrush and keep suffering, or you can say something and get you both sorted. If he actually does have it, I'm sure he'd be aware of it himself! So honestly just mention it, I'm sure he'd appreciate that than you constantly reinfecting each other, I'm sure he'd appreciate being free of it too. Sometimes this is the price you pay for sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    You can get prosecuted for sexual harassment for tht
    No, She cah get prosecuted for assault! And get jailed.
    Do the mature thing and talk to him. After all, YOU probably gave it to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Some pretty uptight people in this thread. Just slip him the pill. I would much prefer to not know about it, and be rid of it. Those sorta things gross guys out. Although... for some reason if I found out my girlfriend had slipped me a pill I would DESTROY HER, regardless of the reason.

Funny how that works.
    Lol! I agree... DO NOT GET CAUGHT!

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him, what the ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Use a condom :lolwut:
    wont help much, thrush can pass to others even with a condom

OP tell him the truth you bloody coward. If you cnat have that kind of conversation obviously you are not mature enough to have sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    wont help much, thrush can pass to others even with a condom

OP tell him the truth you bloody coward. If you cnat have that kind of conversation obviously you are not mature enough to have sex
    This.

ReputationRep:
    If you're grown up enough to be having sex with him, you ought to be grown up enough to talk about sex related issues with him. Just tell him and withhold sex until he goes and gets it sorted so you ensure that A. He goes and gets it sorted, and B. There isn't any chance that you could re-infect him after he gets it sorted out. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    What if he is allergic to the pill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    Erm..what is thrush?
    A songbird, once common throughout the English countryside.

All we seem to have around here are pigeons, magpies and flipping green Australian Parakeets...

ReputationRep:
    So you haven't been together long enough to speak about thrush yet you're comfortable enough not to wear a condom?

ReputationRep:
    If I had it I sure as hell wouldn't care if I was slipped a pill and it went away.

¯\(°_o)/¯

I'd probably guess that it was her as well, I might bother mentioning it in a casual way afterwards (ie not settling down for a very serious conversation about it) but I really don't see the problem with skipping the hassle..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Just tell him you think he's got thrush, he's giving it to you and if he takes one or two pills you'll be sorted. A little embarrassment won't hurt him

This. I mean seriously, that's the mature and sensible thing to do and it's only as embarrassing as you want it to be.

ReputationRep:
    It's only thrush fgs. If he doesn't understand what that is and how much of a non-deal it is, even after you explain it to him, forget about him

ReputationRep:
    If he's got thrush, he'll almost certainly know about it anyway. Even if he doesn't know exactly what it is, if you tell him you'll be doing him a favour.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.