The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thrush is really really not a big deal. Just tell him it's because his wang's too big and he'll soon lose any embarrassment.
Reply 41
rudyrabbit
No, She cah get prosecuted for assault! And get jailed.
Do the mature thing and talk to him. After all, YOU probably gave it to him.

It would be ABH, possibly.

If it was aids or something, it could be GBH. Thrush really isn't that bad, not like aids! So you should definitely speak to him, if you're in a mature relationship it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 42
to be honest he should have noticed if he has thrush and tell him
It's disgusting if you drug him without him knowing. Personally, I think that's just a complete break of trust. I can see this being justified in some rare occasions dealing with more serious mental illnesses... but for thrush, just tell him!
Reply 44
You seriously can't just tell him you think he might have thrush, and ask him to take a couple of tablets? He's been inside you for goodness sake.

You really shouldn't be ******* if you can't have that conversation. What if it was something more serious, thrush is relatively minor compared to the others.
Reply 45
Surely he could have got it from you then just keeps giving you it back aswell? Just a thought
Reply 46
Eric Arthur
If you can't talk to him about it you probably shouldn't be having sex with him.

Well said! Plus its nothing bad, on the contrary your telling him means you care about his health and well being. Plus in the long term, if you break up, don't you think he will infect some other girl in future? That is exactly why diseases like this are still in abundance.
It alwats saddens me that people are having sex when they're so immature that they can't even hold a conversation with their partner about the consequences.
would you like if someone did that to you?

best thing to do is talk to him, if you're mature enough to have sex with him then you should be mature enough to have this conversation with him.
Niaya
to be honest he should have noticed if he has thrush

And also, this. You can't really have thrush for long without knowing about it.
I can't actually believe you are seriously contemplating drugging him in the first place if i'm honest. That would be an abuse of trust don't you think? Plus how would you do it? Surely the pill would be best taken whole, might not even be as effective crushed up etc.

The best thing you can do is talk to him, as everyone else has said thrush is very very common so theres nothing to feel ashamed about.

One thing tho, are you sure its thrush? As trichomoniasis , and some other STD's can have similar symptoms to thrush
Reply 51
Anonymous
so why go through all the explaining and grossing him out

Grossing him out...he's the one who has it! He might know he has it and feel too embarrassed too.

Imagine if he was allergic to it too.

Also how ar eyou planning on doing this?...smuggling it into a sandwich?
Reply 52
Of course I am mature enough to have a relationship. Tbh, I was only have serious about the slipping the tablet thing, I wouldn't have actually done it. I really started the thread to see the best way to bring something like this up and guys reactions to it but Im glad to see most guys aren't too disgusted by it. I will talk to him about it. Oh and to the person that said about not having been together that long but using not using condoms, we both got checked before we started having unprotected sex.

For those that say if he had it he would know, obviously I know what the symtoms are in women but what are mens?
just tell him :smile:
Reply 54
Peachykeen09
Erm..what is thrush?

Google and Wikipedia are your friends. For the fungal infection of the mouth and genitalia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis
For the European songbird: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrush_(bird)
Reply 55
Anonymous
I know what the symtoms are in women but what are mens?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis#Symptoms :
Wikipedia
Symptoms of infection of the male genitalia include red patchy sores near the head of the penis or on the foreskin, severe itching, or a burning sensation. Candidiasis of the penis can also have a white discharge, although uncommon. However, having no symptoms at all is common, and a more severe form of the symptoms may emerge later.

So he is most likely asymptomatic (doesn't have any symptoms). Just tell him.
Reply 56
Anonymous
Ok know how this sounds but honestly, it sounds much worse than it is. Im not trying to slip him some speed or anything like that.

Basically I get thrush quite often especially just before my period and if I get treated and am all better I think he has it and is reinfecting me everytime we have sex. We haven't been together long enough for me to tell him I think we both have this, and I know all it takes is one little pill and he'll be better, I can take it to and we can both get on with our lives, having great sex and no one having thrush.

Would this be an awful thing to do? Its just to save embarrassment. Its not like it will cause him any harm, quite the contary, so why go through all the explaining and grossing him out when I could just deal with it on my own. I just want us to both be treated but I dont know how to tell him what the pill is for?? If you think he has to be told how would you go about even saying it??

Why not just go the whole f ucking way an dose him with Rhypnol, stick dildos up his bum, take photos and use them to bribe him to make sure he never, ever leaves....
What a normal thing to do :lolwut:
this thread made me laugh. that isn't common.
what an odd situation.
i say, slip him the pill.
then use condoms.
Reply 59
you should tell him, it's not embarassing.
the pill might not work if you crush it and put it in juice, or a hot dring, or might taste awful, or just not dissolve and leave half of it on the bottom of the glass. also, lying and saying it will make you feel less tired is strange... won't he ask what it is? won't he ask you for one more next time?
are you sure he doesn't know what thrush is? are you sure it's to be cured with just one pill? i'm only familiar with the use of salves and such... don't you think he has the rght to know when he has it?
if you get it frequently before you're on your peroid, it might have other reasons? (i get it when i eat too much sugar) you might get it again, no matter if he infects you or not, and you should be able to talk about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending