Turn on thread page Beta

Utterly unsure as to what degree to pursue....HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and i'm going to uni for the first time in September! I'm so pleased i did'nt go straight from school as i would have done something that i would have regretted. I went to college last year to do an access course to get into uni which consisted of english, maths and biology. I have never found any of these subjects at all interesting and my plan was to go into primary school teaching. After 2 lessons in the biology class i absolutely loved it and am going to uni to do a biology degree. My plan is to do that then do a PGCE to enable me to become a biology teacher. Like i say, if i'd gone straight to uni from school i'd have done a primary ed degree and would never of found out my love for biology. I'd honestly say wait whether its 1, 2, 3 or whatever many years until you find something your passionate about. You'll learn a lot more if its a subject you love and will do much better in it. Don't feel pressurised into just going to uni now for the sake of it.

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.