Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Though I'm not sure about going to Imperial due to my terrible FM performance, I thikn it is no harm to create such a thread. Let's just introduce ourselves to each other. Where are you from, your age and of course,gender ,your interest, and anyting else.

So, I'm from China, Male, 17, a big soccer fan but a terrible player. Also interested in headphones, baseball. Having lived in Japan for about 3 years in total so I'd love to hang out with Japanese. Besides, I recently realized that I am a terrible mathematician as I scored under 40 when trying to do the STEP paper at home. Wonder why Imperial ever gave me conditional offer

Has anyone else received e-mail listing all the things we need to revise during HOLIDAY to prepare for the exam at the FIRST day the term begins? And no Calculator and formulae sheet allowed:eek: I HATE IT!

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's unlikely that I will get in due to my stupid 'need an A in every Further Maths module' offer - Edexcel M3 was just so.....*insert expletives* - but in any case, here goes:

Male, 18, love football, F1, cars, girls, PS3...basically what most guys like lol. Oh, and btw, I'm serious about my degree and everything, but I'm determined to not lock myself away to work on maths 24/7, so if there are some people up for some fun, clubbing occassionally(once a week?), football in park when there's no training etc make yourself known to me. At least then I'll be reassured that there are at least some fun, 'cool' people at Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    You are required As in every modulae of FM? That's rediculus, good luck... I'm taking CIE though, which I think is the most difficult exma board at least in FM overall, but might not be as difficult as A in EVERY modulae..

(Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Lol it's unlikely that I will get in due to my stupid 'need an A in every Further Maths module' offer - Edexcel M3 was just so.....*insert expletives* - but in any case, here goes:

Male, 18, love football, F1, cars, girls, PS3...basically what most guys like lol. Oh, and btw, I'm serious about my degree and everything, but I'm determined to not lock myself away to work on maths 24/7, so if there are some people up for some fun, clubbing occassionally(once a week?), football in park when there's no training etc make yourself known to me. At least then I'll be reassured that there are at least some fun, 'cool' people at Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite don't get why Imperial gives people the impression that it is flooded with nerds, maybe it is because its exams are the most rediculously difficult ones in Uk.....
    Anyway, when you are talking about 24/7, did you mean 24 hours a week? Well, if ou don't include the 6h everyday (I suppose so, not sure)lecture time, you still have to work on Maths for 10h a day provided that you can take a whole day off a week, that's pretty much though, I think....at least for most first year undergraduate students.... Anyway, I am about the same

(Original post by Rated R Superstar)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wudanao)
    I actually quite don't get why Imperial gives people the impression that it is flooded with nerds, maybe it is because its exams are the most rediculously difficult ones in Uk.....
    Anyway, when you are talking about 24/7, did you mean 24 hours a week? Well, if ou don't include the 6h everyday (I suppose so, not sure)lecture time, you still have to work on Maths for 10h a day provided that you can take a whole day off a week, that's pretty much though, I think....at least for most first year undergraduate students.... Anyway, I am about the same
    24/7 is just an expression meaning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week lol.

Good luck with your exams and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm Jake,

Yeah, FM is a *****, FP2 was the anti-christ!

I'm into Drumming, Rock Climbing (I wanna get into Garden Halls for Geographical convienience), Going out abit, clubbing once a week sounds pretty sorted, how expensive is london these days?

Anyway, I'm from Leeds, land of the northeners (not a good thing). Just extatic for Imperial, foreign ladies etc!

ReputationRep:
    Btw 60% male is a huge bummer, but 40% foreign is very hot!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Maria from Portugal. 17. Like music, visual arts and philosophy, aside from the obvious, that is maths lol. Looking forward to Imperial but not sure if I'm in yet.

PS.ZOMG Jake, you're here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakeytk)
    Btw 60% male is a huge bummer, but 40% foreign is very hot!
    Ummm, shame at my english, but what are you pointing at?

ReputationRep:
    Mmkay, well I'm going to buck the trend by saying that my FM was perfectly fine :p:
    Just the Physics I'm worried about! But it should be fine.

So, I'm Jenni, 18, from East Yorkshire (nowhere near Hull :ninja:) I'm not into much, though I do air cadets I suppose, hah. But yeah, apart from that it just seems to be TSR and facebook :p:

Also, I'm spoken for, so no chatting me up please :awesome:

Jake, were you the one at the June 25th open day in the stripy shirt? (I may actually seem like a stalker here if it was :ninja: but I'm not, I promise :awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    Jake, were you the one at the June 25th open day in the stripy shirt? (I may actually seem like a stalker here if it was but I'm not, I promise )
    YES!! Stalker alert!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else recognise me? - ps. Jennikay, check your messages for my email!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah, it was me who followed you around the accommodation :ninja:
    I disappeared cause I was going to miss my train, did you get to see the triple room in the end?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.