Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

another skinny thread. Watch

ReputationRep:
    i wanna gain just a bit more muscle for footy.

weight: 68/69kg
    height: 181/182cm (5'11 ")

Spoiler:
    Show

couple questions..

is anyone on westside?

-i took a look at adonis old diet post but i was wondering what everyone else eats? so i could compare my diet.

-i wake up really early to do speed work to improve my sprints/increase my dribble speed which will burn a lot of calories. would the protein shakes before and after replace the lost calories?

-should i use lower weights to improve my form because i've never benched properly before :rolleyes:

-should i do the same for squats?

i'm on holiday at the moment but i'm going make a blog once i get back.

thanks everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I like the look of that a orange lollipop :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)

Spoiler:
    Show

couple questions..

is anyone on westside?

-i took a look at adonis old diet post but i was wondering what everyone else eats? so i could compare my diet.

-i wake up really early to do speed work to improve my sprints/increase my dribble speed which will burn a lot of calories. would the protein shakes before and after replace the lost calories?

-should i use lower weights to improve my form because i've never benched properly before :rolleyes:

thanks everyone.
    Your body is perfect. Don't change it. Guys should aim for this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtamtintok)
    I like the look of that a orange lollipop :p:
    lol thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    Despite the fact that all girls on here will tell you that your perfect there are plenty of lifts you can do which will add strength but not see so much of a size increase until you build them up a bit.

Look through the fitness blogs, some people post what they eat. Others dont.

this is what I ate yesterday
    Spoiler:
    Show

Food for today (Off day)

Breakfast:

3 large eggs soft boiled
    4 pieces of brown toast (home made bread)+butter
    Glass of milk

Lunch:
    Chicken pasta salad (Lots of chicken, lots of pasta, little salad)
    Piece of cake

Tea:
    Beef stew with spuds, onion, carrot, swede and have it with some dumplings

Supper:
    More stew warmed up

Protein shakes typically dont contain much energy, what your looking for is a meal replacement. Basically take your whey protein, some milk, oats, honey, peanut butter etc etc and throw it in a mixer. Dont bother buying any

Checking proper form is important, bench is a little easier than squat or deadlift though. Just gotta make sure that you lower it fully to your upper chest (for standard bench)

Squat technique has a little bit more to it than bench, best thing for squat and deadlift you can do is watch some videos. There are plenty about either on the starting strength wiki page or youtube etc etc.

No mention of deadlifts?

ReputationRep:
    What a nice sensible post.

Yeah, there are a few Westsiders here and also some Starting Strengthers. Any one of us will be happy to help. You've realised the first step is you don't eat enough. You're already ahead of most skinny guys who think they "eat loadz."

As far as form, start off light, as in the bar for your first couple of sets. But I would quickly start adding some weight to it, even for your first session. Just keep it light at first. Watch lots of youtube videos for form; Rippetoe has some vids up and lots of people follow his stuff. Though, his squat is sometimes controversial, but it makes sense when he explains it.

You really really should also be doing deadlifts as well; it's vital.

There are other members here that are more sports orientated and it would be fruitful to follow/ask them with regards to diet. But needless to say, you need to eat a lot more; especially once you start lifting heavy.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

couple questions..

is anyone on westside?

thanks everyone.
    I'm on WS4SB and play Football. I wouldn't look at anything diet-related that Adonis has posted, he has one of the worst ones out there by his own admission.

ReputationRep:
    Also forgot to mention; it's very helpful to MAKE videos of your form. If you read and watch enough about good ones, you can pick apart your own stuff and fix things. If you are not sure where you're going wrong OR you think your form is fine, then that's when you should start asking others.

It be nice to see more squat vids here tbh; not that there are any experts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I'm on WS4SB and play Football. I wouldn't look at anything diet-related that Adonis has posted, he has one of the worst ones out there by his own admission.
    Your point being?

I'd never suggest people eat as I do when I know I'm eating unproductively and I never have.

Just because I know what's optimal doesn't mean I'm going to/can afford to follow it fully myself at all times.

& TBH dieting is a bit change for most people, so sometimes I suggest things to get from A to B

I could say, eat fish n veggies n olive oil 5 times a day

but its a big ask to go from eating unclean to eat like that, and sticking to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Your point being?

I'd never suggest people eat as I do when I know I'm eating unproductively and I never have.

Just because I know what's optimal doesn't mean I'm going to/can afford to follow it fully myself at all times.

& TBH dieting is a bit change for most people, so sometimes I suggest things to get from A to B

I could say, eat fish n veggies n olive oil 5 times a day

but its a big ask to go from eating unclean to eat like that, and sticking to it.
    My point being that he shouldn't follow your diet as he appears to be thinking of doing. I'm not having a go at you, it's something you've freely admitted, here among other places. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ooops I just realised this is a bulking thing lol

even so, my advices stands

yes, it's easy to say "eat whole foods" so lean chicken, clean carbs, good fats 5-7 times a day

but can people always afford to eat that way? can people like me actually physically stomach that much whole food?

yes it'd be optimal but that's not always possible

and certain "junk foods" are decent for bulking, burgers are good - just not fries
    pizza is decent long as its thin crust n meaty

ReputationRep:
    My point being that he shouldn't follow your diet as he appears to be thinking of doing. I'm not having a go at you, it's something you've freely admitted, here among other places.
    I don't think he is following my diet, but rather a plan I might have posted.

either way, bulking is relatively simple

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he is following my diet, but rather a plan I might have posted.

either way, bulking is relatively simple
    i took a look at adonis old diet post
    Three characters.

ReputationRep:
    Three characters.
    sorry my bad i meant the plan.

so when he eats rather than what he eats.

edit: mind if i take a look at your blog?

ReputationRep:
    ooops I just realised this is a bulking thing lol

even so, my advices stands

yes, it's easy to say "eat whole foods" so lean chicken, clean carbs, good fats 5-7 times a day

but can people always afford to eat that way? can people like me actually physically stomach that much whole food?

yes it'd be optimal but that's not always possible

and certain "junk foods" are decent for bulking, burgers are good - just not fries
    pizza is decent long as its thin crust n meaty
    Chocolate, energy drinks, sugary drinks, flapjacks e.t.c. all decent for you then? You use the cost card time and time again but you spend all this money on crap. It doesn't cost a bomb to eat well.

I'm just highlighting the fact that he shouldn't follow your diet, there are better options out there. I wasn't originally criticising.

You should put as much effort into your diet as training. I've nothing against burgers or pizzas or treats or eating silly amounts to bulk, but at the end of the day your diet is poor. You can't use the cost excuse and the "I can't" one doesn't stand up for me either. You eat how you want to, and that's fine for you, but shouldn't be advised for anyone else. That's all I was trying to say.

EDIT: And all that for nothing. ^^^

ReputationRep:
    sorry my bad i meant the plan.

i wasnt actually going to eat what adonis eats.

edit: mind if i take a look at your blog?
    Not at all.

And if you were on about the plan why take about diet and what people eat for the whole sentence?

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate, energy drinks, sugary drinks, flapjacks e.t.c. all decent for you then? You use the cost card time and time again but you spend all this money on crap. It doesn't cost a bomb to eat well.

I'm just highlighting the fact that he shouldn't follow your diet, there are better options out there. I wasn't originally criticising.

You should put as much effort into your diet as training. I've nothing against burgers or pizzas or treats or eating silly amounts to bulk, but at the end of the day your diet is poor. You can't use the cost excuse and the "I can't" one doesn't stand up for me either. You eat how you want to, and that's fine for you, but shouldn't be advised for anyone else. That's all I was trying to say.

EDIT: And all that for nothing. ^^^
    I never said they were decent, or others should have it. Actually flapjacks aren't too bad, a lot of BB'ers I know munch on them for the cals.

I'll agree with the last statement, but as to why I eat this way?

because... I've done the whole BBing thing, lean meats, no sugars, etc... even whilst bulking, this is why I was able to maintain my lean-ness in summer whilst adding on near enough a stone

I know I could have more money for clean foods if I took out the junk but TBH eating clean gets sick after a while, u just get so ******* bored of it.

I honestly couldn't do it for the time being just cos I've slipped out of that routine/mindset

HOWEVER I am in an adjustment phase currently, and so far whilst I've been home it's been cleaned up a lot

It'll never be fully clean cos I can't do that unless I were dieting, but it's good enough

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

And if you were on about the plan why take about diet and what people eat for the whole sentence?
    i was hoping people would post thier plans along with the food. i just didnt make that clear in the op.

yosh, i'll have a read of your blog + others and make my own once i get back. i should be able to make vids of my form whilst i'm on holiday and i'll post them once i get everything sorted.

btw, thanks everyone .

ReputationRep:
    i was hoping people would post thier plans along with the food. i just didnt make that clear in the op.

yosh, i'll have a read of your blog + others and make my own once i get back. i should be able to make vids of my form whilst i'm on holiday and i'll post them once i get everything sorted.
    a sample "good day" for me.

M1 - Whey, Oats, Peanut Butter

Gym

M2 - Whey, Maltodextrin

M3 - Rice, Chicken

M4 - Lamb, Rice then some fruits,

I don't tend to have many meals, but I eat a ton of rice n chicken after my w/o

ideally, you'd need more veggies in there

TBH the key thing is the "workout window"

if you get that right, you'll progress

so bascially;

1 - Clean Carbs before you train to fuel you, some easily digestable protein

2 - Easy Protein and Sugars after you train [5-15mins after]

3 - 90-120 mins later - have a post w/o meal of clean carbs and clean proteins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    Your body is perfect. Don't change it. Guys should aim for this!

lol I'm gonna guess you're female. Girls seem to love skinny lean bodies, I don't really get it. We don't, there's nothing to 'aim' for. OP definitely needs more mass :yes: The girls will love it even more when he has some bulk on him.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.