Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

another skinny thread. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)
    i wanna gain just a bit more muscle for footy.

weight: 68/69kg
    height: 181/182cm (5'11 ")

Spoiler:
    Show

-i wake up really early to do speed work to improve my sprints/increase my dribble speed which will burn a lot of calories. would the protein shakes before and after replace the lost calories?

-should i use lower weights to improve my form because i've never benched properly before :rolleyes:

thanks everyone.
    I dont understand why you want more muscle to play football? But yes you should drop the weight to one which you can do a good set with good form and build up from there, have protein shakes after your workouts and if you are quite serious about building your strength I also take creatine..my bench has gone up 30 kg since i started taking it (about 6 months ago) but I cant really say if that is the creatine..seems to help though

ReputationRep:
    the creatine hasnt added 30kg to your bench

ReputationRep:
    can i just point out to people this guy has started a thread with a pic of himself in atleast twice now. Is it me or does someone posting 'i need more muscle', then showing a pic and getting most people to say he already looks gd trolling or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    I dont understand why you want more muscle to play football? But yes you should drop the weight to one which you can do a good set with good form and build up from there, have protein shakes after your workouts and if you are quite serious about building your strength I also take creatine..my bench has gone up 30 kg since i started taking it (about 6 months ago) but I cant really say if that is the creatine..seems to help though
    I'm quicker, stronger, can go longer and jump higher since I started training and I'm 12kg heavier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrunicl)
    can i just point out to people this guy has started a thread with a pic of himself in atleast twice now. Is it me or does someone posting 'i need more muscle', then showing a pic and getting most people to say he already looks gd trolling or what?
    wrong thread mate.

you mean this one?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=976456

(Original post by Dnator)
    edit:nvm.

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to any women that say you're fine as you are, especially the ones on TSR, they like skinny guys. Also, people telling you that you're ok as you are won't help you progress.

You have a good body to begin with, but you can be better.

ReputationRep:
    i wanna gain just a bit more muscle for footy.

weight: 68/69kg
    height: 181/182cm (5'11 ")
    6-7 medium sized meals a day (especially as you're losing so many cals doing sport) + heavy weight session 3 times a week for approx 45 mins. Realistically a cycle of pinkies wont hurt either, but that road isn't for everyone :rolleyes:

ETA: Lighter weight will only serve to carve you.

ReputationRep:
    wrong thread mate.

you mean this one?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=976456

edit:nvm.
    no i don't. ive seen the exact same pic u posted of urself in a different thread, exact same pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I'm quicker, stronger, can go longer and jump higher since I started training and I'm 12kg heavier.
    nice how long have u been training? I only meant I didnt think being very bulky was an advantage in football in terms of agility but then again I play rugby so I dont really know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.