Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

Sorry if this seems stupid but I'm quite upset and I don't want to tell my boyfriend about this, because I'm quite ashamed...

Basically, tonight I wet myself. I was dreaming, and I dreamed that I urinated, and I actually wet myself. I woke myself up quite quickly and stopped, but still... I can't remember doing this since I was three years old, and I'm ashamed. I' ve never had a problem with urinating in my sleep, even as a kid, and I'm now 22. I'll admit I had a cup of tea an hour before bed, but that was a good six hours ago!

I've only just started having sex for the last four months, and I wondered if it's possible for sex to weaken your bladder? Only, I slept with my boyfriend the last few days running including yesterday, and we used a position where he was pressing quite hard on the wall inside me.

Also, I've just gone on Cerazette (a progesterone pill) in the last month -could it be anything to do with this?

Thanks if anyone can help me. I can't sleep now, so I might as well post this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it can really affect your bladder apart from sometimes making you feel you need to pee during sex. You can of course get inflammation of the urethra from sex (cystitis) but that's not what you've got obviously. Tbh I'd say the two are not related, you were just a bit unlucky! If it happens again there could possibly be a link and a trip to the GP could be in order, but for now I'd just forget and it and don't drink before bed!!

ReputationRep:
    only if he has a magic penis...

ReputationRep:
    I think that was just literally a 'bad' dream, don't worry about it x

ReputationRep:
    I've done this before :o: and I know a friend has too. Nothing to do with sex, it's just if your bladder is full, and you dream about urinating [probably because your body is telling you, you need to pee] then your body can react - just as with other dreams you might move around or lift your arms, or twitch - your mind told your body to pee, so you did.
    Don't worry about it =] I doubt it'll happen again. If in doubt, just make sure you go to the toilet before bed.

ReputationRep:
    Repeatedly having anal sex is not good for your bladder apparently.

I wouldn't be too worried though, probably as people above have said, bad dream/full bladder.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have thought so. It could have stretched the muscles you use to hold urine in, because they're the same ones for keeping your vagina tight, but for most people it works the other way around, because you also use them whilst having sex. TBH i don't think it's at all an issue with bladder control, you dreamt you went to the loo - you basically told your body it was fine to pee. I wouldn't worry overmuch, if it happens again go to your gp - but don't stop having sex because of it, that'll only make you feel worse! lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.