Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bisexual - but not planning on ever telling anyone. Watch

Anyone else in this situation? I'm female and I think I'm bisexual. I've had one sexual experience with a girl when I was drunk one time, but everybody just assumed it was a mistake even though I rather enjoyed it. I sometimes think about other women when I masturbate, although I have a boyfriend and am fairly sure I 'prefer' men on the whole.

Thing is, I'm not ever planning on telling anyone about this. I don't want to tell my boyfriend in case it messes up our relationship (no threesome jokes please!) and I can't really imagine ever wanting to be in an actual relationship with a girl, just because I'm actually quite conservative and want the traditional family life, kids etc. Is this normal? It just makes me wonder how many other people there are like me keeping their true sexuality under wraps just to save on the hassle.

If your boyfriend is one of "most men" you can probably count on him not minding at all.. long as you don't cheat on him of course.

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it odd being ashamed of your sexuality? If you dont want the hassle and the possible ruin of relationships then isnt it just easier not to be bisexual?

smells like an attention seeker.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is the most bizarre thing I've heard in a while. Admitting to your sexuality will, unless he's really seriously morally against it (in which case I would advise not putting yourself through the hassle of going out with a bit of a massive bigot), not make your boyfriend believe you're going to cheat on him, nor will it oblige you to go and sleep with other women. It won't cause you hassle to admit to it, it will just mean that you're not implicitly lying to people.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by parfait-ego)
    then isnt it just easier not to be bisexual?
    And how do you plan they accomplish this? :rolleyes:

I'm Bisexual, but i have no plans to tell anyone, ever. What's the point? I'll probably end up with a member of the opposite sex anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    And how do you plan they accomplish this? :rolleyes:
    the OP said they are not sure whether or not they are bi, hence i translate this as if theres a will theres a way :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm bisexual and I don't plan to ever tell anyone either.

OH SHI-

I'm a male bisexual and believe me when I say that I will NEVER tell anybody other than really close friends. Especially not my homophobic parents. Plus anyway, I love bisexuality because there is more choice and not matter whose trousers you put your hand down, you will always be happy with what you find

ReputationRep:
    I always wondered why bisexuals didn't just go with the status quo and stick with the opposite sex? I mean sure you're attractive to you but that doesn't neccessarily mean they offer you anything apart from sex, whereas you can procreate with the opposite sex.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    the OP said they are not sure whether or not they are bi, hence i translate this as if theres a will theres a way :holmes:
    Mmm. She also said she masturbates to mental images of women. I take this to mean "I'm bisexual, but I'm going to pretend I'm unsure because I'm quite ashamed of it".

I'm the same as you OP I'm semi told one person, which was fine. It's a toughie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a male bisexual and believe me when I say that I will NEVER tell anybody other than really close friends. Especially not my homophobic parents. Plus anyway, I love bisexuality because there is more choice and not matter whose trousers you put your hand down, you will always be happy with what you find
    Do you not have a preference?

ReputationRep:
    Wait one second, it's perfectly natural and normal to be confused about your sexuality. I think sexuality is fluid and you can be a scale of anywhere from gay to straight. If it doesn't feel right giving yourself a label, then don't.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I always wondered why bisexuals didn't just go with the status quo and stick with the opposite sex? I mean sure you're attractive to you but that doesn't neccessarily mean they offer you anything apart from sex, whereas you can procreate with the opposite sex.
    Because they might one day accidentally fall in love with someone of the same sex? Because they don't necessarily want to procreate? Because a lot of bisexuals actually have a strong preference for their own sex (just as a lot have a strong preference for the opposite sex)?

But what is wrong with a bi like myself choosing to go into a long term relationship with another man. Or for that matter a woman. I for one have been with 3 girls and 2 boys and tbh I didn't really bat an eyelid. Seriously if you are attracted to men and women then the likelihood is that your next partner could be of any sex. Does that not make sense?

ReputationRep:
    Mmm. She also said she masturbates to mental images of women. I take this to mean "I'm bisexual, but I'm going to pretend I'm unsure because I'm quite ashamed of it".
    well we had a random person on TSR telling us how they had a fantastic orgasm whilst thinking about maths... so i take this to mean you can think about anything whilst masturbating and now im thinking what a rather odd discussion we are having. :woo:

Do you not have a preference?
    To be honest no. It just depends on the person. The only thing I can say is that I have 80% of the time gone with another bisexual. this is becasue if in my case, I go with a straight girl then she could be very uncomfortable dating someone who sleeps with men as well. And if I was to date a gay man then they will simply try and keep me a away from any girl i meet. Believe me I have learnt my lesson and tbh dating a bisexual is a hassle-free because you are both on the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of girls i've spoken to about this issue masturbate whilst thinking about girls, but would never go beyond kissing whilst wasted. It might be because i'm not gay but I seriously don't get how beating off over men would work, I mean they just aren't attractive in that way, whereas women are something to be admired.

ReputationRep:
    Because they might one day accidentally fall in love with someone of the same sex? Because they don't necessarily want to procreate? Because a lot of bisexuals actually have a strong preference for their own sex (just as a lot have a strong preference for the opposite sex)?
    I suppose so. The main point I was trying to make was that if you just marry someone of the opposite sex you take a lot less bs from society, and you don't have to go through the rigmoral of telling your family and friends. It's just easier on so many fronts.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.