Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

House Of Fraser, returning stuff without receipt? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I bought stuff in the sales yesterday and changed my mind when I got home (:o: ), however I couldn't find the receipt in the bag, my wallet or jean pockets and wherever else I would keep it.
    I'm going back there today and was wondering from anyone's experience if they allow returns without receipt provided tags and all that stuff is still on there?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I worked there a couple of years back and they always said they won't accept returns without a receipt... So I don't think you'll get your money back... It's always worth a try though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smflesh)
    I bought stuff in the sales yesterday and changed my mind when I got home (:o: ), however I couldn't find the receipt in the bag, my wallet or jean pockets and wherever else I would keep it.
    I'm going back there today and was wondering from anyone's experience if they allow returns without receipt provided tags and all that stuff is still on there?

Thanks
    No love, it aint going to work, lets be honest here darling. It aint gonna work. No receipt, no refund.

ReputationRep:
    They might let you exchange for something else (you can always say this was a birthday present it doesn't fit/ i don't like it or whatever) but they rarely give you a refund without a receipt.

ReputationRep:
    Called them up and said they can do an exchange or gift card, thanks for help everyone

ReputationRep:
    Found from their website:

"No refund or exchange will be given without a receipt or other proof of purchase. The above does not affect your statutory rights."

ReputationRep:
    I worked there few months ago, if you paid by card, bring your bank statement .. it is proof of purchase. You'd probably only get an exchange though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.