Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I turn 18 in a couple of weeks and I'm planning on a night out somewhere big, like Birmingham. I live in the West Midlands and there's nowhere else to go that's anygood that I've been to before/people have told me.

So I was just wondering where the best places to go are? We're not really into dancey-type music, but will go into those clubs anyway, just to have a good time, but we'd prefer more 'alternative', different places.

It doesnt HAVE to be Birmingham, that was just an idea...

Thanks in advance :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    There's so many Indians in Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaz8)
    I turn 18 in a couple of weeks and I'm planning on a night out somewhere big, like Birmingham. I live in the West Midlands and there's nowhere else to go that's anygood that I've been to before/people have told me.

So I was just wondering where the best places to go are? We're not really into dancey-type music, but will go into those clubs anyway, just to have a good time, but we'd prefer more 'alternative', different places.

It doesnt HAVE to be Birmingham, that was just an idea...

Thanks in advance :awesome:

Well the main places are all on Broad Street, I went there for the first time a few weeks ago.
    The main club is Gatecrasher right at the end of Broad Street, I think it was £10 to get in but well worth it - its amazing!!

Broad Street itself has loads of bars to suit pretty much all tastes, for some bars which are a bit more alternative try ones like Revolution. I'm trying to remember the names of some of the others, if they come back to me I will post again...

Hope my waffling helps!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Well the main places are all on Broad Street, I went there for the first time a few weeks ago.
    The main club is Gatecrasher right at the end of Broad Street, I think it was £10 to get in but well worth it - its amazing!!

Broad Street itself has loads of bars to suit pretty much all tastes, for some bars which are a bit more alternative try ones like Revolution. I'm trying to remember the names of some of the others, if they come back to me I will post again...

Hope my waffling helps!!
    Yeah that's brilliant thanks!! I'll have to give those a try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaz8)
    Yeah that's brilliant thanks!! I'll have to give those a try!

Ahhh Jasmin - just realised its you!
    How are you my dear??

ReputationRep:
    Bar Risa is pretty damn good, just check through the rooms you will find something you like.

Gatecrasher is a god damn maze.

Be hardcore and go subway(not the sandwich place), going in there is an experience. Yet i always seem to end up in there. Been less busy the last few times though.

ReputationRep:
    Gatecrasher on a friday, it's propaganda, it's a really nice club too, only a fiver in on a friday, £2.00 vodka mixers, Indie night really good night out,

Snobs is good on a wednesday too, but it's a bit of a dump,

places like risa are full of chav's. play music that's about 10 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChanelAdele)
    Gatecrasher on a friday, it's propaganda, it's a really nice club too, only a fiver in on a friday, £2.00 vodka mixers, Indie night really good night out,

Snobs is good on a wednesday too, but it's a bit of a dump,

places like risa are full of chav's. play music that's about 10 years old.
    Yeah probably a bit chavvy^^^

have you been subway-most people i know havent because they say its just for pure scum. I like it in there though, nice and relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Ahhh Jasmin - just realised its you!
    How are you my dear??
    Hi!

Yeah I'm great thanks, howre you?

I thought it was you, but I thought you were 'chocoholic' instead of chocoholic 4?

Xxxx :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaz8)
    Hi!

Yeah I'm great thanks, howre you?

I thought it was you, but I thought you were 'chocoholic' instead of chocoholic 4?

Xxxx :awesome:

Yeah i'm chocoholic4 my dear
    I'm fine thanks, loving the time off now, hating the rain though!!

xxx

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.