Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I turn 18 in a couple of weeks and I'm planning on a night out somewhere big, like Birmingham. I live in the West Midlands and there's nowhere else to go that's anygood that I've been to before/people have told me.

So I was just wondering where the best places to go are? We're not really into dancey-type music, but will go into those clubs anyway, just to have a good time, but we'd prefer more 'alternative', different places.

It doesnt HAVE to be Birmingham, that was just an idea...

Thanks in advance :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    There's so many Indians in Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaz8)
    I turn 18 in a couple of weeks and I'm planning on a night out somewhere big, like Birmingham. I live in the West Midlands and there's nowhere else to go that's anygood that I've been to before/people have told me.

So I was just wondering where the best places to go are? We're not really into dancey-type music, but will go into those clubs anyway, just to have a good time, but we'd prefer more 'alternative', different places.

It doesnt HAVE to be Birmingham, that was just an idea...

Thanks in advance :awesome:

Well the main places are all on Broad Street, I went there for the first time a few weeks ago.
    The main club is Gatecrasher right at the end of Broad Street, I think it was £10 to get in but well worth it - its amazing!!

Broad Street itself has loads of bars to suit pretty much all tastes, for some bars which are a bit more alternative try ones like Revolution. I'm trying to remember the names of some of the others, if they come back to me I will post again...

Hope my waffling helps!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Well the main places are all on Broad Street, I went there for the first time a few weeks ago.
    The main club is Gatecrasher right at the end of Broad Street, I think it was £10 to get in but well worth it - its amazing!!

Broad Street itself has loads of bars to suit pretty much all tastes, for some bars which are a bit more alternative try ones like Revolution. I'm trying to remember the names of some of the others, if they come back to me I will post again...

Hope my waffling helps!!
    Yeah that's brilliant thanks!! I'll have to give those a try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaz8)
    Yeah that's brilliant thanks!! I'll have to give those a try!

Ahhh Jasmin - just realised its you!
    How are you my dear??

ReputationRep:
    Bar Risa is pretty damn good, just check through the rooms you will find something you like.

Gatecrasher is a god damn maze.

Be hardcore and go subway(not the sandwich place), going in there is an experience. Yet i always seem to end up in there. Been less busy the last few times though.

ReputationRep:
    Gatecrasher on a friday, it's propaganda, it's a really nice club too, only a fiver in on a friday, £2.00 vodka mixers, Indie night really good night out,

Snobs is good on a wednesday too, but it's a bit of a dump,

places like risa are full of chav's. play music that's about 10 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChanelAdele)
    Gatecrasher on a friday, it's propaganda, it's a really nice club too, only a fiver in on a friday, £2.00 vodka mixers, Indie night really good night out,

Snobs is good on a wednesday too, but it's a bit of a dump,

places like risa are full of chav's. play music that's about 10 years old.
    Yeah probably a bit chavvy^^^

have you been subway-most people i know havent because they say its just for pure scum. I like it in there though, nice and relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Ahhh Jasmin - just realised its you!
    How are you my dear??
    Hi!

Yeah I'm great thanks, howre you?

I thought it was you, but I thought you were 'chocoholic' instead of chocoholic 4?

Xxxx :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaz8)
    Hi!

Yeah I'm great thanks, howre you?

I thought it was you, but I thought you were 'chocoholic' instead of chocoholic 4?

Xxxx :awesome:

Yeah i'm chocoholic4 my dear
    I'm fine thanks, loving the time off now, hating the rain though!!

xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.