Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    On the 3rd to the 13th of August I'm going on holiday to Dubai with family members, we have everything booked and ready apart from travel insurance and sorting our mobile phones out to work abroad. Would there be additional charges for us to ring each other when we are in Dubai? The networks we are on are Vodafone and Virgin Mobile (both contracts). Also could you recommend a reliable place to buy Travel Insurance from?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The post office sells cheap travel insurance, and covers most things. Not sure about the phones though.

ReputationRep:
    Protip: Don't have sex on a beach.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it'd still charge you. When I went to Cyprus we met people there and were texting and calling them a little bit and my bill was huge when I got back.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be roaming and subject to their ridiculous charges.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, just thought, Vodafone cut their roaming charges this summer, you just have to register your phone. My dad gave me his phone to take away with me this year so that I could still talk to my parents and bf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahdaisy)
    Actually, just thought, Vodafone cut their roaming charges this summer, you just have to register your phone. My dad gave me his phone to take away with me this year so that I could still talk to my parents and bf.

I rang vodafone and unfortunatly that offer is limited to some places only and dubai is not in the offer!

ReputationRep:
    You will get charged extra for calls, but it's not as much as you think. I was in Dubai a few weeks ago and it ended up costing me about an extra £8.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.