Question about Holiday abroad Watch

Sohail92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,
On the 3rd to the 13th of August I'm going on holiday to Dubai with family members, we have everything booked and ready apart from travel insurance and sorting our mobile phones out to work abroad. Would there be additional charges for us to ring each other when we are in Dubai? The networks we are on are Vodafone and Virgin Mobile (both contracts). Also could you recommend a reliable place to buy Travel Insurance from?

Thanks!
VioletVixen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The post office sells cheap travel insurance, and covers most things. Not sure about the phones though.
Hectristic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Protip: Don't have sex on a beach.
hannahdaisy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I think it'd still charge you. When I went to Cyprus we met people there and were texting and calling them a little bit and my bill was huge when I got back.
roubiliac
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You'd be roaming and subject to their ridiculous charges.
hannahdaisy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Actually, just thought, Vodafone cut their roaming charges this summer, you just have to register your phone. My dad gave me his phone to take away with me this year so that I could still talk to my parents and bf.
Sohail92
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by hannahdaisy)
Actually, just thought, Vodafone cut their roaming charges this summer, you just have to register your phone. My dad gave me his phone to take away with me this year so that I could still talk to my parents and bf.

I rang vodafone and unfortunatly that offer is limited to some places only and dubai is not in the offer!
ashley1407
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You will get charged extra for calls, but it's not as much as you think. I was in Dubai a few weeks ago and it ended up costing me about an extra £8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise