Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    6 days ago I opened a contract with orange at the carphone warehouse, £45 a month for 18 months and a free N97.
    Basically I have been having some problems, getting calls from debt collection agencies asking for some guy at another address, I have heard this is because they use recycled numbers. The phone calls have happened every day.
    Also, when I am calling people the phone randomly drops or says connection error.
    Is there any way I can go about cancelling my contract? I've heard about getting the insurance with carphone warehouse which allows you to opt out of the contract at any time.
    If anyone has any advice it would be very helpful as I've rang Orange 5 times this morning and they are rude and have blatantly lied to me on the phone.
    (I tried to get out of the contract by stating their terms and conditions that if they change the price of calls then I can terminate my contract for free, however 2 people lied to me and said they were 1) prices were decreasing and 2) they changed their t&cs on the day I took out my contract. Both of which are blatant lies.

ReputationRep:
    they should be able to replace the phone for you.

I got my old phone nicked and orange couldnt have been better so my experiences with them havent been bad. Maybe try ringing again and hopefully you might get someone more inclined to help out as you could technically say the debt collections agencies are harrasment and BOOM. theres your get out clause

ReputationRep:
    Can you not ask them to change your number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    they should be able to replace the phone for you.

I got my old phone nicked and orange couldnt have been better so my experiences with them havent been bad. Maybe try ringing again and hopefully you might get someone more inclined to help out as you could technically say the debt collections agencies are harrasment and BOOM. theres your get out clause
    I didnt know it was harrasment, thanks for letting me know
    the thing is everytime I ring them they say I need to discuss it with the carphone warehouse so I'm going to go in there today and try to sort it out lol.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever used Orange on pay as you go, but they have given me perfect service over the last 8 years as a result. I don't trust any phone company enough to have a contract with them, I just buy cheap phones :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they could change your number. Alot of networks recycle numbers, I called my old number which is a vodafone and some guy answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisBeatIsSick)
    I didnt know it was harrasment, thanks for letting me know
    the thing is everytime I ring them they say I need to discuss it with the carphone warehouse so I'm going to go in there today and try to sort it out lol.
    ahhhh this might eb your problem. when i was with o2 it was through the carphone warehouse and the o2 helpline was different to the carphone warehouse helpline. I had a load of trouble with carphone warehouse and after a couple of contracts going wrong and rudeness/lack of help from CW i left them for good.

long story short go direct to orange/o2 etc or through a basic broker i.e. one that doesnt have their own providers in house. I went with buymobilephones.net and got an amazing deal and best of all i can deal with orange direct which, as i said before, was a pretty god experience.

My phoen got nicked and i didnt have insurance. phoned them the next day and they got me a replacment phone for 60 quid which was alot less than it would have been new and sent it out next day delivery. That was a service i wouldnt have got thriough carphone warehouse. Porbs would have said F off as you didnt have insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I work for Orange and might be able to help.

Please send an email to [email protected], including your personal contact details and username from this site, and I will give you a call to discuss.

In order that your email is forwarded to me quickly, please add "Jonathan Orange Response" in the subject field and also in the first line of your mail.

Kind regards,

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.