Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically the woman on the phone gave me an appointment at the job centre on Monday - I'm on a sailing course all next week until about midday on Friday. I tried to explain this to the woman on the phone; I said I was busy next week, but she was of the opinion that I should be looking for a job and doing nothing else and so if I wanted it I'd go. Do you think if I explain about the course to my personal advisor they're likely to reschedule?

ReputationRep:
    Chances are they'll class you as a "fail to attend" and it doesn't look good on your record.
    At the jobcentres, we class our appointments as just as important as a doctors, dentist or solicitors appointment. Yet are incredibly bad as reaarranging etc. Try ringing again and hope you get through to a different person. You may be able to get a holiday form, even though you aren't technically signed on yet and then it doesn't look bad on you.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.