Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Ok so a quick breakdown, lost my job back in may after being of sick, still not fit to work so in the process of applying for ESA/DLA/Housing+Council Tax Benefit.

    The thing is i've been looking at doing a college course in september, it would give me something to do whilst i recover and would slowly intrgate me back into society, and i'd be learning a new skill as well. On tthe website i says that if you are on certain benefits (JSA/ESA etc) then you don't have to pay course fees BUT and this is where i'm getting confused, if i was to be a full time student (2 year foundation degree) then surely i would lose entitlement to benefits?? :confused:

    Would i be better off trying to find a part time course?

    Help! :redface:

    Is this higher or further education? And will you be entitled to loans and /or grant?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 23, 2009


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.