Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR long-distance overseas relationship society watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll give it a go since there are people who have overseas relationships.

Go and talk about anything you want about your relationship overseas, rant and cry if you must.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was unintentional. I started seeing a good friend of mine a lot before I went on holiday for 2 months to Australia, and ended up liking him a lot. However, because of how difficult it'd be we didn't do anything about it, but we've been able to talk a fair bit when the time zones fit, and we ended up getting 'together'... which is quite sad seeing as we haven't seen each other yet even though he's now my boyfriend.
    But I'll be back home September 1st, so it's not a huge long distance thing.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...09585&page=374

ReputationRep:
    yes but this is just for overseas only..:yes:

ReputationRep:
    i did 5 years long distance

I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GO INTO ONE, unless of course you are 110% sure you will be in the same area pretty soon.

otherwise, AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitsabeeba)
    i did 5 years long distance

I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GO INTO ONE, unless of course you are 110% sure you will be in the same area pretty soon.

otherwise, AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.
    well isnt that cheery :|

Im in one, Norway to Northern Ireland, isnt that bad, flight is only like 2 hours, i didnt intend for anything to happen from it but we just liked each other too much
    Yes it stinks when you leave them at the airport and you cant hold them when youre upset, but its extra special when you come through arrivals and see them waiting there for you and your time together is much more considerate. The bottom line is, if you both love each other very much you can wait for each other. But no, im not going to deny that it isnt easy, you have to be 100% sure you can handle being without them for a few weeks at the time and be 100% committed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthi-SH)
    well isnt that cheery :|

Im in one, Norway to Northern Ireland, isnt that bad, flight is only like 2 hours, i didnt intend for anything to happen from it but we just liked each other too much
    Yes it stinks when you leave them at the airport and you cant hold them when youre upset, but its extra special when you come through arrivals and see them waiting there for you and your time together is much more considerate. The bottom line is, if you both love each other very much you can wait for each other. But no, im not going to deny that it isnt easy, you have to be 100% sure you can handle being without them for a few weeks at the time and be 100% committed

just very realistic hon.

when i was 18, i was full of optimism for my super-dooper loved up fantastic relationship that unforunately spanned the distance between saudi and the UK.

but, unless you know you are going to be together prpoerly, like normal, very soon, then there is just no point.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.