Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N!ck)
    I have been assigned SY.G.05.033 but ideally I wanted a room with a washbasin. What are then chances of getting one if I phone up and ask? I'm guessing very slim as they would have assigned me one in the first place if they could.
    SY.G.05.034

Hello my next door neighbour!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    SY.G.05.034

Translate please. Thank you very much.
    Sycamore Court, ground floor, flat 5, room 34 I think it means. And hi neighbour lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N!ck)
    Sycamore Court, ground floor, flat 5, room 34 I think it means. And hi neighbour lol.
    So seeing as we're gonna be living with each other, might as well get le prelims done. Hi, you breathe? Well I breathe too, let's be friends .

but seriously what u studying? Oh and a nice simple q.... do u like to drink?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    So seeing as we're gonna be living with each other, might as well get le prelims done. Hi, you breathe? Well I breathe too, let's be friends .

but seriously what u studying? Oh and a nice simple q.... do u like to drink?!
    Physics, and I drink pretty much anything but I'm not heavy drinker as a) it's expensive and b) I can't handle it too well .

I'm sure I can change all that during freshers though :P.

How about you?

(Original post by OhNO!)
    well, there's a picture in that link I posted so you can decide for yourself.

owens park rooms seem to be a tiny bit bigger, but not by much.
    Is that a huge calendar on your wall?

And were did you get that lamp from? Also that slanted window looks amazing :coma:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisuke)

And were did you get that lamp from? Also that slanted window looks amazing :coma:.
    the slanted windows/roofs at whitworth would probably annoy me if anything (being reasonably tall)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisuke)

I think you've clicked on anatheme's pictures, not mine.

(Original post by OhNO!)
    I think you've clicked on anatheme's pictures, not mine.
    Oh, my bad.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to bedding what do we need to take?

ReputationRep:
    a duvet, pillows, duvet cover - the usual. they give you a mattress cover, though. you can buy a bedding pack from them, but it's horrendous.

I'd also reeeaaaalllly suggest investing in a mattress topper! the bed's are alright, but a nice comfy mattress topper makes a world o' difference.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else in Maple court, flat 4?:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    a duvet, pillows, duvet cover - the usual. they give you a mattress cover, though. you can buy a bedding pack from them, but it's horrendous.

I'd also reeeaaaalllly suggest investing in a mattress topper! the bed's are alright, but a nice comfy mattress topper makes a world o' difference.
    what is a matress topper

also how well is the kitchen equipped? and what else is in the room? desk, chair, wardrobe?....

thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    what is a matress topper

also how well is the kitchen equipped? and what else is in the room? desk, chair, wardrobe?....

thanks alot
    They're like a padded..topper that you put on your mattress. this is an expensive one, but I couldn't be bothered to search around -

http://www.johnlewis.com/3343/Product.aspx

I had a really nice one and it made such a difference. the beds are alright, but they can do with a bit of extra padding really.

in the kitchen there's an oven, a hob if you're in maple/holly (I think) a fridge, a massive freezer, a kettle, a microwave (ours was amazing) table, chairs (dining and "recliner"), and a tv stand. that's it. toasters, george foreman grills, pans etc. are up to you. oh, and you get a horrendous ironing board but you have to supply your own iron.

in your room there's a bed, wardrobe, desk with three drawers, a desk chair and a set of shelves - that's it. you couldn't get much else in tbh, although a few of my flatmates bought those little plastic trolley drawers from argos, they're pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    They're like a padded..topper that you put on your mattress. this is an expensive one, but I couldn't be bothered to search around -

http://www.johnlewis.com/3343/Product.aspx

I had a really nice one and it made such a difference. the beds are alright, but they can do with a bit of extra padding really.

in the kitchen there's an oven, a hob if you're in maple/holly (I think) a fridge, a massive freezer, a kettle, a microwave (ours was amazing) table, chairs (dining and "recliner"), and a tv stand. that's it. toasters, george foreman grills, pans etc. are up to you. oh, and you get a horrendous ironing board but you have to supply your own iron.

in your room there's a bed, wardrobe, desk with three drawers, a desk chair and a set of shelves - that's it. you couldn't get much else in tbh, although a few of my flatmates bought those little plastic trolley drawers from argos, they're pretty good.
    hey, how big is the wardrobe? im seriously concerned about the lack of draw space!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    hey, how big is the wardrobe? im seriously concerned about the lack of draw space!
    drawer space is pretty limited really, although I managed and I have many many clothes. the wardrobe's an alright size, and it has a drawer in it which is really useful. I couldn't fit all my clothes in there though, I used my desk drawers, too.

If you're really concerned, something like this will fit in your room -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8753397/Trail/searchtext>PLASTIC+DRAWERS.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    drawer space is pretty limited really, although I managed and I have many many clothes. the wardrobe's an alright size, and it has a drawer in it which is really useful. I couldn't fit all my clothes in there though, I used my desk drawers, too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8753397/Trail/searchtext>PLASTIC+DRAWERS.htm

hmm i might have to invest in one of those. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    helloo i'm in MA.2.29.196, anyone joining me or nearby ?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)

I was just wondering if you have to buy your own lamp or whether there was one provided?

I cringed at the mention of an Iron above..Ugh, i hate ironing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe4wolves)
    I was just wondering if you have to buy your own lamp or whether there was one provided?

I cringed at the mention of an Iron above..Ugh, i hate ironing!!
    there's no lamp, there's nothing except for what I said in the above list. they're pretty cheap to get from ikea.

it must be done! although, I rarely did any..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    there's no lamp, there's nothing except for what I said in the above list. they're pretty cheap to get from ikea.

it must be done! although, I rarely did any..
    Well, cheers Oak House! Yeah, i got given an Ikea voucher so that should come in handy.

Personally, i think creases add character haha. :o:

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.