Turn on thread page Beta

Paying for University ... watch

ReputationRep:
    Paying for it yourself, through a loan etc, or Bank of Mum & Dad?

ReputationRep:
    Paying for it myself through a mixture of loan and my own money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimothy)
    Paying for it myself through a mixture of loan and my own money.
    Snap.

ReputationRep:
    Student loan and standing order from my parents.

ReputationRep:
    Student loan and grant, and fingers crossed a job. My parents have said they'll give me a small allowance for travel and phone bills etc. until I find a job, as the grant and loan only cover basic rent and food.

ReputationRep:
    Loan, pocket money/ birthday money and stuff I've saved since I was about 9, and hopefully a part time job somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Mum and Dad pay my rent because under SAAS' rules, I can't get a loan. I pay for everything else with my part time job.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have already been to Uni once and left, so I have to pay for myself this time around.

ReputationRep:
    Getting student loans.

I don't get how anyone's parents could pay for it, the amount of cash they must earn to be able to do that makes my mind boggle....

Ah well, debt for me!

ReputationRep:
    Student loan to pay for tuition, maintenence grant,maintence laon, busary (if i get full maintenece grant), part time job.

ReputationRep:
    grant, loan, hopefully bursary and also looking for a part time job to help support me too

ReputationRep:
    I'll be fully supported by the rents. Hopefully I'll receive a grant from the government (everyone who continues studying and is Dutch is eligible for it), and I have money saved. If the course permits I'll be opting for a part time job to pay for all the extra's. I'm just really glad that I won't need to take out a loan as the grant will turn into a gift upon obtaining a Bachelor degree. Compared to those that will have to live on a tight weekly budget, I can say that I'll be in a pretty comfortable position. Yet I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, have lived through rough patches and am very grateful for what I'm receiving.

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying it without a loan! :zomg:

First year all paid up! :proud: 2nd year I've got about 50% of it saved....the other I will do via DD! Last year I'll probably take out a loan.

ReputationRep:
    I've got about 3-4k saved up for the first year, I'll be paying for it all via Loans, grants, Overdraft ect ect D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)

I don't get how anyone's parents could pay for it, the amount of cash they must earn to be able to do that makes my mind boggle....
    My parents fully supported my sister and I through university, and they don't have massively high paying jobs. They just feel strongly that we shouldn't be starting our adult lives in debt; I suppose when choosing to have children they personally believe that the duty of care includes providing a satisfactory eductation

ReputationRep:
    Small percentage with student loan, rest with overdraft.

ReputationRep:
    Paying it myself, out of my own money.

ReputationRep:
    My parents pay tuition fees and I pay for the other stuff.... yay

ReputationRep:
    Student loan, a job at uni, plus my parents said they'd help me out a bit and my gran has some money to give me as well. So it's a mixture

ReputationRep:
    Tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and monthly money from parent.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.