Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is the average height..... Watch

• View Poll Results: what do you belive is the average height in the uk is?
    male 5ft 8
    8.46%
    male 5ft 9
    26.15%
    male 5ft 10
    34.62%
    male 5ft 11
    23.85%
    male 6ft
    13.08%
    female 5ft 5
    35.38%
    female 5ft 6
    23.85%
    female 5ft 7
    13.85%
    female 5ft 8
    3.85%
    female 5ft 9
    6.15%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    Its weird that the average height for women is 5ft 4, yet at 5ft 2 I seem to be considered 'tiny'
    Yeah I wonder why that is especially 2 inches above average which is 5ft 6 isn't considered amaaaazingly tall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    No they're not. Proof: that the average is 5ft 3.5 :woo:
    That figure is for all UK women 16+

The figure for UK women aged 16-24, which is what I imagine most people using this forum will fall into, is 5' 4.3"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    This :king2:

:rofl:
    :love: :kiss2:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    So why did you choose to include only females heights that are above the average female height? Bit illogical, no? That's like saying 'what's the average male height?' and only having 6'0", 6'1", 6'2", 6'3", and 6'4" as options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    That's fine, I hated all the I'm 5'2 and my 5'7 mates are more weird than me talk. This threads annoying me :o:
    Ah that wasn't mee I like tall people :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    That figure is for all UK women 16+

The figure for UK women aged 16-24, which is what I imagine most people using this forum will fall into, is 5' 4.3"
    Well the OP asked for the average size of females in the UK = UK women 16+ no?

ReputationRep:
    People are short where I'm from. I'm 5'5 and considered relatively very tall.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I was short but I'm only 5 3! *goes off to stretch self*

ReputationRep:
    I'm very much an average 5'10" (and a 1/4 )

ReputationRep:
    5 ft 4 for girls
    6 ft for guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Well the OP asked for the average size of females in the UK = UK women 16+ no?
    Having read the OP's post several times, I'm not really sure what the OP was asking to be perfectly honest. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Given the influx of Asians, UK average height is set to fall. Not trying to stereotype, I think it's true. Well, depending on whether that influx has a greater effect on the mean than the increasing tallness of each generation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Given the influx of Asians, UK average height is set to fall. Not trying to stereotype, I think it's true. Well, depending on whether that influx has a greater effect on the mean than the increasing tallness of each generation.
    Wouldn't read too much into that, we have already received a huge amount of asian immigrants, and think about Polish immigrants coming in, I believe they are meant to be tall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I read the average height for women is 5ft 4-5. I remember it because that is my height. Your poll doesn't even have 5ft 4 on it .

ReputationRep:
    Well I feel like a regular giant.
    x

ReputationRep:
    The actual average male height here is definitely not as high as 6ft. I don't even think that the average for the 90s born generation is as high as that. I'd put overall male height average at 5ft 9 and our generation 5ft 11.

ReputationRep:
    Males 5'9
    Females 5'3

ReputationRep:
    average height for females is 5ft 3?!
    i'm almost 5ft 10!

but tbh...most people are my sort of height.
    ...but have to agree.
    this poll was a bit pointless when theres such sites as google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    I'm asian and I'm 6'4 :hmmm:

My cousins consist of 6'1, 6' and 5'11.

My best mates (who are also asian) are 6'7, 6'5, 6'3, 6'

SO HAH

(this post makes no POINT AT ALL )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.