• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    Would you join the army voluntarily or would you wait for conscription or not at all.

I personally would join straight away, I know the consequences because I've studied WWI and WWII and seen loads of documentaries on them and also urban warfare. I would feel that it was my duty to and I would die to protect my country.

What about you?

Okay, imagine they signed a bill saying no nuclear weapons are to be used. Normal rockets can be used but nuclear is a no-no. Now decide.

The sides would be Western World vs Islamic States + North Korea

Western World = USA, UK, France, Belgium, Poland, Australia, Canada, Israel, Russia etc

Neutral Countries = Spain, Portugal, Switerzland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Andorra, Luxembourg etc from Europe. I think you get the idea.

The Islam World has declared a Jihad or 'Holy War' after a recent spat of terrorist attacks.

THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL

IF YOU CAN'T MAKE A SIMPLE DECISION WHICH WON'T ACTUALLY AFFECT ANYTHING AND YOUR ONLY INTENTION IS TO ARGUE OR MOAN THEN GTFO AND SAVE MY TIME.

This thread has been turned into a massive agrument due to ' thatrollingstone' and 'YehMah'. They can't accept the fact that this isn't real for some reason. I'm sorry to see it go to this but it was inevitable, some people have to try and be too clever at times and can't accept that it was only a bit of fun.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Straight away so I got the best training and because I would want to.

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone would be involved in some sort of way to help their country, but i wouldn't join the army
    Who would be fighting :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you mean a war in the third world or a war that has only been seen on similar scale twice before it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make sure i got the best training possible and become close to being an expert before i fight, but if its an emergency of course i will fight.

ReputationRep:
    Already wanted to join the Army but I can't join any of the armed forces because I'm deaf in one ear.

On the plus side i'd be exempt from conscription :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    no i wouldnt join.

I dont wanna risk missing easteneders.

ReputationRep:
    I would fly the helicopters

(heh)

ReputationRep:
    I'd join straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan70)
    Depends if you mean a war in the third world or a war that has only been seen on similar scale twice before it.
    Lol, I think you know what I mean. A type of war that hasn't been seen since September 2 1945.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Already wanted to join the Army but I can't join any of the armed forces because I'm deaf in one ear.

No your not.

They would find some admin job for you...rest assured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)

Can't you sign a waiver? I wanted to join but I've got to go to 6th form and then probably Uni and then there would be no point.

ReputationRep:
    Not front line, weapons development ty

ReputationRep:
    We'd be annihilated before you could join. That said, getting a decent job in the army would secure you a decent placement in the post-apocalypse wasteland afterwards, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    depends on what the war was about.
    what else i would be doing,
    the weather where i would be fighting,
    and the local food.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    AsystoleUK, exactly the same.

I'm not eligible to be in any of the armed forces so I won't be able to. Of course, if I could help in any other capacity I would do so.

ReputationRep:
    straight away.

I believe in democracy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As the first girl to comment, I will say never. But this is because I have a prescription of -10 in both eyes which would no doubt be the death of me- did anyone see 'My Boy Jack'?

I think I would be good as a spy though, or maybe a decoder or something.......

ReputationRep:
    nope because i'm a pussy

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't do it. I'm not army material.

If I had to though, I'd want to be doing tech stuff, or be a sniper.

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.