• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    I'm a pussy, i'd hide.. they'd never attack Scotland, we have England to take the blows

ReputationRep:
    Never - I'm a pacifist.
    But I would volunteer perhaps to drive ambulances or be an interpreter.

ReputationRep:
    Straight away for Queen, Country and Liberty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radgebanter)
    I'm a pussy, i'd hide.. they'd never attack Scotland, we have England to take the blows
    Haha, lol. Made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Haha, lol. Made me laugh.
    I'm here all week! Anyway, I'd haul ass in Glasgow, youd have to be mental to invade there

ReputationRep:
    The only war I would ever fight is a war of humanity against extra terrestrial forces :p: I'd be so proud to fight as what I am, and what we all are, human beings, earthlings. I couldn't care less about anything else.

"Fighting for my country" means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me. It's rather pathetic that in such a modern world as this we still have conflicts with each other on the same bloody planet. War can kiss my ******* sweet ass.

ReputationRep:
    I'd dig my own tunnel and live there until the world came to peace again.
    Tell me 5 years before the war starts though, so I can find a great location, financial aid and food etc. And actually start digging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Nope, they could choose to send soilders but if they are neutral then they can't be forced to join the war. Just like the war in Iraq, France isn't involved last time I checked and neither are most of the neutral countries.

Read this and then come back to me. Idiot, I go to a place called school where they teach me things. I play video games for fun not to learn. Jog on.
    Do you know what Nato is? Do you know about the Iraq war? Evidently not.

If you are a member of Nato, then you HAVE to join the war if another Nato member is attacked.

In 2001 when America was attacked, Nato had to go to Afghanistan.

In 2003, the coalition of the willing invaded Iraq, not Nato.

Now tell me, who is the idiot here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    The only war I would ever fight is a war of humanity against extra terrestrial forces :p: I'd be so proud to fight as what I am, and what we all are, human beings, earthlings. I couldn't care less about anything else.

"Fighting for my country" means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me. It's rather pathetic that in such a modern world as this we still have conflicts with each other on the same bloody planet. War can kiss my ******* sweet ass.

Hmmm, this post somewhat reminded me of the late anime, Dragonball Z.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they could choose to send soilders but if they are neutral then they can't be forced to join the war. Just like the war in Iraq, France isn't involved last time I checked and neither are most of the neutral countries.

Read this and then come back to me. Idiot, I go to a place called school where they teach me things. I play video games for fun not to learn. Jog on.
    You also talk (and look like) an 8 year old ignorant chav with absolutely no clue. No shoo on, little boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    Never - I'm a pacifist.
    But I would volunteer perhaps to drive ambulances or be an interpreter.
    But your a girly wirly anyway so you wouldn't be in a combat position.

ReputationRep:
    And yeah I would OP, I am considering joining the army anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm thinking but you sound like a terrorist. If you don't like this country then move to another country. We don't care if you move.

Go on, move to France, they have so many laws against Muslims, or America where Muslims are treated as terrorists everyday. Switzerland where it's mainly white or Iran, the country that your parents left to move to England.

You're running out of choices.
    France doesn't have many laws against Muslims, it has a much greater Muslim population than the UK. It has laws against religion that is because the state has been fiercely secular since the revolution. Switzerland has a higher Muslim population than Britain in percentage terms as well.

ReputationRep:
    You've forgotten too much history (or not learnt enough, more likely).

If you dont stand up for what you believe, what do you have left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Hmmm, this post somewhat reminded me of the late anime, Dragonball Z.

why would you fight for Religion is opposed to Country?

I would fight for Iran, but not for Islam. I wouldn't feel comfortable fighting side by side with Wahhabis knowing that they kill my Shia brothers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    You've forgotten too much history (or not learnt enough, more likely).

If you dont stand up for what you believe, what do you have left?
    But I am standing up for what I believe, which is that human war is ********.

I don't see how history plays a part in any of this? Please explain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    no i wouldnt join.

I dont wanna risk missing easteneders.
    thats a weak reply lol

and that would be a tough decision being a british muslim...... but i dont think i would join either not because of eastenders......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    why would you fight for Religion is opposed to Country?

I would fight for Iran, but not for Islam. I wouldn't feel comfortable fighting side by side with Wahhabis knowing that they kill my Shia brothers.
    What did i say before in a different thread, we have to stop this stupid divisions. Also i'm a muslim first and foremost then comes my nationality. And do you only consider shia's as your brothers, what about us sunnis?

ReputationRep:
    I would run to the nearest bomb shelter?!

ReputationRep:
    You also talk (and look like) an 8 year old ignorant chav with absolutely no clue. No shoo on, little boy

lets not over step the border here. Ok he isn't right but could a chav really create a post that long with no grammar errors? I highly doubt it. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.