• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    In fact I wouldn't fight unless it became personal (i.e they bombed Scotland/Edinburgh) I have absolutly no issues with the Muslim faith or those who follow it, so I wouldn't volunteer to fight. But if Scotland was a target i'd consider fighting for the Regiment of Scotland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    lets not over step the border here. Ok he isn't right but could a chav really create a post that long with no grammar errors? I highly doubt it. :p:
    He may just be a slightly advanced version of chav

ReputationRep:
    No, because sequels which are the third in a trilogy usually suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radgebanter)
    In fact I wouldn't fight unless it became personal (i.e they bombed Scotland/Edinburgh) I have absolutly no issues with the Muslim faith or those who follow it, so I wouldn't volunteer to fight. But if Scotland was a target i'd consider fighting for the Regiment of Scotland
    Which Battalion is the Edinburgh one, out of interest? I can't mind the Glasgow one either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    But I am standing up for what I believe, which is that human war is ********.

I don't see how history plays a part in any of this? Please explain.
    Because throughout history this country has stood up for its freedoms and liberties, and brave men have fought for your right, and my right to speak english and say what we like. If you forget the past then you'll only repeat its mistakes, rolling over and not standing up for our integrity as a nation has been shown by other nations to be a hiding to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Which Battalion is the Edinburgh one, out of interest? I can't mind the Glasgow one either...
    Found this Regiment of Scotland - Battalions

Further to that, on wiki it says:

Batallion - Garrison

RHQ - Edinburgh

1st Battalion - Edinburgh

2nd Battalion - Penicuik

3rd Battalion - Fort George

4th Battalion - Fallingbostel, Germany

5th Battalion - Canterbury

6th Battalion - Glasgow

7th Battalion - Perth

ReputationRep:
    Found this Regiment of Scotland - Battalions

Further to that, on wiki it says:

Batallion - Garrison

RHQ - Edinburgh

1st Battalion - Edinburgh

2nd Battalion - Penicuik

3rd Battalion - Fort George

4th Battalion - Fallingbostel, Germany

5th Battalion - Canterbury

6th Battalion - Glasgow

7th Battalion - Perth
    :top:

I was more meaning along the lines of Black Watch/King's Own Scottish Borderers/Royal Highland Fusiliers etc. They've kept their names within the new system.

The amalgamation was a disgrace, though, IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I am on Osama's side :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :top:

I was more meaning along the lines of Black Watch/King's Own Scottish Borderers/Royal Highland Fusiliers etc. They've kept their names within the new system.

The amalgamation was a disgrace, though, IMHO.
    Oh I don't know that much :p:

Yeah I didn't agree with it at all, I really think regiments should be individual, especially the Black Watch, they symbolise Scottish soilders for me.. But I would never join the army I don't think. Maybe in the extreme of this hypothetical but that's pushing it.

We are a police, not army family :rolleyes:

Edit: Edinburgh's battalion is the: The Royal Scots &
    King's Own Scottish Borderers

ReputationRep:
    Only if I were drafted!! Sounds serious, hope it never happens!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't know that much :p:

Yeah I didn't agree with it at all, I really think regiments should be individual, especially the Black Watch, they symbolise Scottish soilders for me.. But I would never join the army I don't think. Maybe in the extreme of this hypothetical but that's pushing it.

We are a police, not army family :rolleyes:
    Haha, I mentioned in passing that I had considered the Armed Forces and my parents were well annoyed, not an army family either!

I had just watched Black Watch the play and that's why I was wondering. To quote Cammy "it's knackered" now.

Noticed the edit: :top:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I mentioned in passing that I had considered the Armed Forces and my parents were well annoyed, not an army family either!

I had just watched Black Watch the play and that's why I was wondering. To quote Cammy "it's knackered" now.

Noticed the edit: :top:
    Nah it would not go down well, especially with the way things are going now.

Aye, saw that myself, rather good.

I do think if this WWIII bussiness happend, Scotland would get a good turn out, as patriotic nation. (Probs join the enemy side just to bomb England )

ReputationRep:
    if we wouldnt get nuked i probably would join up but it would take a couple of months for me to actually go and sign up. but since we would get nuked id just Fu ck off to the countryside or somewere really desolate and live liek ray mears

ReputationRep:
    mainly because i would hate to have sharia law take over, be so ****.

Why are all those other countries neutral, most of them are in NATO, makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    See, if we were in a world war styled scenarios against those countries.. why would we not use nukes exactly? Islamic states have limited nuclear capabilities at best, and North Korea's capacity is pretty ****. And after the Iraq/Afghanistan Insurgency I'll pass on trying to conquer Islamic States, I'll go hang around Ireland for a few years if we get bogged down with a conscription service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Would you join the army voluntarily or would you wait for conscription or not at all.

I personally would join straight away, I know the consequences because I've studied WWI and WWII and seen loads of documentaries on them and also urban warfare. I would feel that it was my duty to and I would die to protect my country.

What about you?

Okay, imagine they signed a bill saying no nuclear weapons are to be used. Normal rockets can be used but nuclear is a no-no. Now decide.

The sides would be Western World vs Islamic States + North Korea

Western World = USA, UK, France, Belgium, Poland, Australia, Canada, Israel, Russia etc

Neutral Countries = Spain, Portugal, Switerzland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Andorra, Luxembourg etc from Europe. I think you get the idea.

The Islam World has declared a Jihad or 'Holy War' after a recent spat of terrorist attacks.

THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL
    For all this to come to pass, terrorist-minded folk would have to take over large tracts of the Muslim world. To my knowledge, only Iran can be deemed as a "rogue" state which may kowtow to terrorist demands. And that too, at a stretch. Most Muslim states don't really have a large presence of terrorists in their midsts - just the odd guerilla group with political grievances. Assuming this "spate" of attacks were to occur, they would probably be condemned by the vast majority of Muslim states, as has been the case in previous attacks.

Also, the Muslim world is divided by racial, ethnic and even religious differences. The plausibility of a scenario where the Muslim world - from Mali to Indonesia - unites as one, is extremely unlikely.

And finally, you seem to have ignored China in your hypothetical scenario? Surely they would play a major role in any future world war?

-----

And now to your question: Ire Espana!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    What did i say before in a different thread, we have to stop this stupid divisions. Also i'm a muslim first and foremost then comes my nationality. And do you only consider shia's as your brothers, what about us sunnis?
    I am an Iranian first, then Shia second then a Muslim.

Sunnis are also my brothers, but we need to differentiate sunnis, because there are wahhabis too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haksa)
    For all this to come to pass, terrorist-minded folk would have to take over large tracts of the Muslim world. To my knowledge, only Iran can be deemed as a "rogue" state which may kowtow to terrorist demands.!
    what are you talking about, Iran supports Hezbollah which isn't a terrorist organisation, and the democratically elected government of Gaza.

Just because they're against the west and the west considers them to be terrorists does not mean that Iran will give in to terrorist demands.

If that is the case America is a terrorist organisation too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red_Flag)
    This isn't true as NATO members are obliged to offer mutual protection from aggressive military action - which, presumably, is the case in your example. NATO members are not obliged to enter into the Iraq conflict as it is not an act of aggression from a third party; 'we' started it!
    I don't follow NATO, but I would presume that they would be able to either choose to enter or not or they could set a date/delay entrance.

They would have a case to remaning neutral after the horrors of the first two world wars.

I really don't know the protocol though, so it's all guesses from this end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utare)
    what about china etc
    I doubt they'd get involved unless someone attacked them. They'd have no need. The only way I could see them joining in is if North Korea attacked them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.