28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    what a ridiculous hypothetical question
    Yet it still has 242 replies and you felt the need to click on it and make a comment.

Couldn't have been that ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    A country is a place or origin and to the indigenous people of a piece of land it means a lot. Just because you don't have much history on this Island doesn't mean you should critise people who care for it.

Please go back to school and learn English because I can't understand half of what you are spouting. I would fight for myself, not for the political party in charge. If you're not man enough to fight for the place that you live then you're not a man at all.

Unlike you, people do still have honour and this is why people would fight for this country. Death is always going to get us so why does it matter if it's today or 70 years time? It will always catch up to us in the end. You may as well fight when you are young enough to, rather than pussying out.
    sorry mate but you sound like a complete idiot. ohh id die for my country bla bla bla that makes you a man? killing other people because the man in the big seat tells you to? some man you are

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't give a flying **** if you thought I'm ignorant because I don't know you and I don't want to know you.

You judge people before you even know them, what sort of person does this make you?

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (Matthew 7:12).”

Remember this quote and try to live your life without the need to feel superior or put other people down just because they disagree with what you say and have independent thoughts.
    Haha. You're cute. It would be appreciated if you stopped acting so bloody pretentious and exaggerating the fact that you're in school, and doing your GCSEs. Do you think it's some kind of achievement? Obviously I don't know you, I'm judging by the crap you've posted in this thread thus far. Do I care if you don't know me?

Frankly I stopped reading your OP when I read "I would die to protect my country" because it's pathetic, and laughabe. You're just a kid, you don't have any real idea about history, or war. You think reading a few GCSE history books and taking AS politics early is going to make you some kind of knowledgeable saint? You think just because you were born here that you are somehow part of something prestigious obliging you to fight for something you belong to? Get real, kid. No one gives a ******* rats ass if you fight for your country. You are used, and possibly, killed. You will eventually realise what this means when you fall in a battlefield among hundreds of others, with death imminent, would you give a **** then? I wouldn't think so, because apart from the decorated gravestone at your town cemetery, you'd just be another statistic. You owe nothing to your country, and your country owes nothing to you, so stfu with all the patriotic ********.

And please, in reference to the bible quotes, don't embarrass yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YerMah)
    sorry mate but you sound like a complete idiot. ohh id die for my country bla bla bla that makes you a man? killing other people because the man in the big seat tells you to? some man you are
    I sound like an idiot because I have honour? If it wasn't for the bravery of the soilders in WWII then we'd be under the control of the Nazi Party. Are you calling the heroes that died idiots?

I'd rather die and make a difference than sit at home too scared to join.

Yes, it would make me a man, defending my beliefs is an act of a man (in the case of females-brave person). If that means that I have to kill then so be it. I already said, it would be irrespective of what the PM said, I would do it for me.

This is only meant to be hypothetical but again you have missed the point and are acting as if it is real life. It isn't so you can calm down and get your knickers out of a twist, I think your sister wants them back.

If I was needed to fight, then I would fight.

However, I don't like fighting. I'm learning how to use a quarterstaff, but only because I like the idea of learning an English martial art.

(Original post by Tootles)
    If I was needed to fight, then I would fight.

However, I don't like fighting. I'd much rather join the political institutions and over the years corrupt it and turn it inside out so that it allowed me to become supreme dictator of first my country and then the world.
    IF there was WW3, Tootles would emerge as grand dictator :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    I sound like an idiot because I have honour? If it wasn't for the bravery of the soilders in WWII then we'd be under the control of the Nazi Party. Are you calling the heroes that died idiots?

Yes, it would make me a man, defending my beliefs is an act of a man (in the case of females-brave person). If that means that I have to kill then so be it. I already said, it would be irrespective of what the PM said, I would do it for me.

This is only meant to be hypothetical but again you have missed the point and are acting as if it is real life. It isn't so you can calm down and get your knickers out of a twist, I think your sister wants them back.
    Congrats. You're exactly the breed of brainwashed lunatic the army is looking for.

ReputationRep:

ure the one with these big posts so u clearly need to calm down. And no the war heroes are not idiots but they didnt have a choice they had to act. they didnt sit on a computer like you are and try to act like a man by saying ohhhh id die and kill for my country. u sound so immature and have no idea about the real world if ure sitting here saying ohh id love to die for my country. ure liek a bloody martyr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Haha. You're cute. It would be appreciated if you stopped acting so bloody pretentious and exaggerating the fact that you're in school, and doing your GCSEs. Do you think it's some kind of achievement? Obviously I don't know you, I'm judging by the crap you've posted in this thread thus far. Do I care if you don't know me?

Frankly I stopped reading your OP when I read "I would die to protect my country" because it's pathetic, and laughabe. You're just a kid, you don't have any real idea about history, or war. You think reading a few GCSE history books and taking AS politics early is going to make you some kind of knowledgeable saint? You think just because you were born here that you are somehow part of something prestigious obliging you to fight for something you belong to? Get real, kid. No one gives a ******* rats ass if you fight for your country. You are used, and possibly, killed. You will eventually realise what this means when you fall in a battlefield among hundreds of others, with death imminent, would you give a **** then? I wouldn't think so, because apart from the decorated gravestone at your town cemetery, you'd just be another statistic. You owe nothing to your country, and your country owes nothing to you, so stfu with all the patriotic ********.

And please, in reference to the bible quotes, don't embarrass yourself.
    If you're going to try and guess my life then you can do 2 things, 1) actually get some of it right and 2) try and make sense.

I mentioned school once and that wasn't in the last thing that I typed to you, so you obviously felt the need to bring up school by saying that I mention it too much. I mentioned it once and not again afterwards so brush up on your facts or you WILL look silly.

If the stuff I have posted is 'crap' then why have you taken it upon yourself to reply on numerous occasions? Why are you being a mercenary?

The stuff you have posted has been crap and unfounded. You're sole intention was to get a cheap shot in by calling me a chav with no prior knowledge of me and basing a decision on a photo. That is the epitome of sad.

I'm sorry, I don't know what the word 'laughabe' means; please proof read your work to make sure that it does in fact make sense. I'm not just a ‘kid’; I have more knowledge than you could ever dream of having. I have watched documentaries of wars, not just one or two but hundreds of them. I think I have a pretty good idea of what actually happened, so again you have made yourself look silly, you must enjoy doing this as it happens frequently.

I'm not even taking AS Politics so I have no idea why you brought that up, I'm taking History, Geography, English Literature and Biology, so AGAIN don't talk about stuff you don't know.

I know what a war consists of and I know that in a World War the chance of living is small but why are you telling me this? I don't live in dreamland thinking that only the 'baddies' die.

It's obviously something you don't have but plenty of people do have it, 'it' being the courage and bravery to risk their lives for a better world. The brave servicemen and women who fight because they believe in something. I would take a decorated gravestone over being a coward. At least I would be remembered just like those who fought in WWI and WWII.

Don't embarrass myself, your one to talk; all you do is embarrass yourself with your lack of knowledge. You think just because I'm 16 I have no idea of the world and that I’m dumb, I've got news for you, I do know about the world and I’m not dumb.

The verse that I picked out was perfect for you. You seem to think that you have a divine right to judge people and why is this? What have you done that makes you so much better than me? Nothing.

Luckily there are people in this thread who know what I'm talking about, I don't expect you to be joining them anytime soon.

You sir, are a coward.

ReputationRep:
    ure the one with these big posts so u clearly need to calm down. And no the war heroes are not idiots but they didnt have a choice they had to act. they didnt sit on a computer like you are and try to act like a man by saying ohhhh id die and kill for my country. u sound so immature and have no idea about the real world if ure sitting here saying ohh id love to die for my country. ure liek a bloody martyr
    Okay, for the last time, I have more knowledge of the real world than you do. You for one can't even type in standard English so I don't expect you to have any knowledge of the real world.

You can't even grasp the fact that this was all hypothetical, if you can't get that then how the hell can you do anything? All you had to do was think of an answer and vote. It isn't hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Congrats. You're exactly the breed of brainwashed lunatic the army is looking for.
    I'm a lunatic because I have outsmarted you? I have shown you up and now you're feeling hurt and are going for one last attempt at trying to regain some of that reputation that you lost. Well you've just lost more, I think for myself, I don't let anyone tell me what to do and I make my own decisions based on my own thoughts.

Those are the actions of a sane man. So once again, stop making unneeded comments to a war that you have lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    It isn't a matter of nationality anymore brother, but a distinction between joining the muslim army or the non-muslim army.

Personally I would assist my brothers, providing that there's unity among the islamic nations, then only we can rise to the battle.
    yeh id probably join the muslims

ReputationRep:
    Okay, for the last time, I have more knowledge of the real world than you do. You for one can't even type in standard English so I don't expect you to have any knowledge of the real world.

You can't even grasp the fact that this was all hypothetical, if you can't get that then how the hell can you do anything? All you had to do was think of an answer and vote. It isn't hard.
    and how the hell do you have more knowledge than me? because i cant be assed to type proper when u can cleary understand what im saying anway. as someone else stated ure just a brainwashed war veteran wanna be. uve watched too many war movies and read too many books. Say id love to kill and die for my country whos sitting in a ward with his legs blown off from pathetic people like ureself

ReputationRep:
    heres a question....if there was a third world war....and the UK were involved (as they no doubt would be) and introduced conscription and Ireland were neutral (as they no doubt would be) then i wonder would i be conscripted.....? i live in Derry and have done all my life which is technically in NI which is technically in the UK......BUT.....i have an Irish passport and consider myself Irish.....

must write to me local MP and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    haha.... you go to Seven Kings
    Class school.

ReputationRep:
    and how the hell do you have more knowledge than me? because i cant be assed to type proper when u can cleary understand what im saying anway. as someone else stated ure just a brainwashed war veteran wanna be. uve watched too many war movies and read too many books. Say id love to kill and die for my country whos sitting in a ward with his legs blown off from pathetic people like ureself
    I have more knowledge than you because I took it upon myself to get the knowledge. It's fairly obvious that you're just wasting my time and you're not worth my time so I will let you say what you want because I don't care and eventually you will get bored.

I'm not brainwashed because otherwise I'd have joined the army by now, seen as my fitness is way above the required levels already. I haven't joined because I can do so much more with my life, I would only join if it was a World War. You're just a bit sad, go back to playing WoW you loser.

Too many war movies, I've seen 2 war films I think, Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down. If that's too many then that's surprising. As for books, I have read as of 23-07-09 read 0 war books.

I watch documentaries on war not movies.

ReputationRep:
    join up straight away. more likely to get choice of where you go, and i'm all for England - i'd happily fight for our country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    :yy:
    What school do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    I'd try to get in the secret operations for example code breaking

failing that I'd try to become a medic.

ReputationRep:
    I have more knowledge than you because I took it upon myself to get the knowledge. It's fairly obvious that you're just wasting my time and you're not worth my time so I will let you say what you want because I don't care and eventually you will get bored.

I'm not brainwashed because otherwise I'd have joined the army by now, seen as my fitness is way above the required levels already. I haven't joined because I can do so much more with my life, I would only join if it was a World War. You're just a bit sad, go back to playing WoW you loser.

Too many war movies, I've seen 2 war films I think, Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down. If that's too many then that's surprising. As for books, I have read as of 23-07-09 read 0 war books.

I watch documentaries on war not movies.
    i like how a discussion about war has turned into me being a loser and playing wow ... got something to hide?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.