Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    If you're going to try and guess my life then you can do 2 things, 1) actually get some of it right and 2) try and make sense.

I mentioned school once and that wasn't in the last thing that I typed to you, so you obviously felt the need to bring up school by saying that I mention it too much. I mentioned it once and not again afterwards so brush up on your facts or you WILL look silly.

If the stuff I have posted is 'crap' then why have you taken it upon yourself to reply on numerous occasions? Why are you being a mercenary?

The stuff you have posted has been crap and unfounded. You're sole intention was to get a cheap shot in by calling me a chav with no prior knowledge of me and basing a decision on a photo. That is the epitome of sad.

I'm sorry I don't know what the word 'laughabe' means; please proof read your work to make sure that it does in fact make sense. I'm not just a ‘kid’; I have more knowledge than you could ever dream of having. I have watched documentaries of wars, not just one or two but hundreds of them. I think I have a pretty good idea of what actually happened, so again you have made yourself look silly, you must enjoy doing this as it happens frequently.

I'm not even taking AS Politics so I have no idea why you brought that up, I'm taking History, Geography, English Literature and Biology, so AGAIN don't talk about stuff you don't know.

I know what a war consists of and I know that in a World War the chance of living is small but why are you telling me this? I don't live in dreamland thinking that only the 'baddies' die.

It's obviously something you don't have but plenty of people do have it, 'it' being the courage and bravery to risk their lives for a better world. The brave servicemen and women who fight because they believe in something. I would take a decorated gravestone over being a coward. At least I would be remembered just like those who fought in WWI and WWII.

Don't embarrass myself, your one to talk; all you do is embarrass yourself with your lack of knowledge. You think just because I'm 16 I have no idea of the world and that I’m dumb, I've got news for you, I do know about the world and I’m not dumb.

The verse that I picked out was perfect for you. You seem to think that you have a divine right to judge people and why is this? What have you done that makes you so much better than me? Nothing.

Luckily there are people in this thread who know what I'm talking about, I don't expect you to be joining them anytime soon.

You sir, are a coward.
    I recall you mentioning school a number of times actually, I'm not sad enough to go through all your pathetic and laughably ignorant posts to count out them. You remind me of a loud-mouthed know-it-all who's really small but talks big because he's read the books or seen the documentaries :nutcase: :congrats:. I still stick by my initial interpretation of you being an ignorant chav, sorry.

You're obviously so concentrated on being a smart-ass that you're forgotten that typos do happen. Do I give a ****? I don't think so. If you are really as smart as you say you are you would be able to decipher what I was meant to write when I wrote "laughabe". The fact that you had to pick that out as an element to your argument is frankly...laughable :awesome:

At least I would be remembered just like those who fought in WWI and WWII.
    Quite a long shot, isn't it? Out of the millions that died, I only ever recall people remembering a select few of them. The rest are hidden in the statistics, the death toll. I'm sure you'd be honoured and proud to be in one of them, wouldn't you?

I may be a "coward", but I would be alive, I would be there for my family who mean more than anything, and I would be doing things more productive in the future, not killing human beings for the sake of having "honour".

Do what you want. Go fight and die for your country, because frankly, you'd be dead and I'll be prospering doing something more worthwhile, which would actually help save lives.

Send me a note when the PM blows his horn and you go running, I'd love to watch, and laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YerMah)
    i like how a discussion about war has turned into me being a loser and playing wow ... got something to hide?
    Not really, the only PC game I play is Football Manager 2009.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    I dont, I use to go skhs
    Oh cool

(Original post by Lefty Leo)
    IF there was WW3, Tootles would emerge as grand dictator
    You betcher ever-lovin' A, buddy-boy.

(Original post by Tootles)
    You betcher ever-lovin' A, buddy-boy.

I have no idea what you mean.

I will assume it was a witty and / or funny statement.

Damn, that was a witty and / or funny statement :rofl:.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, the only PC game I play is Football Manager 2009.
    would u kill and die for that too

ReputationRep:
    Probably take a crash course in German and move to Switzerland :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    I recall you mentioning school a number of times actually, I'm not sad enough to go through all your pathetic and laughably ignorant posts to count out them. You remind me of a loud-mouthed know-it-all who's really small but talks big because he's read the books or seen the documentaries :nutcase: :congrats:. I still stick by my initial interpretation of you being an ignorant chav, sorry.

You're obviously so concentrated on being a smart-ass that you're forgotten that typos do happen. Do I give a ****? I don't think so. If you are really as smart as you say you are you would be able to decipher what I was meant to write when I wrote "laughabe". The fact that you had to pick that out as an element to your argument is frankly...laughable :awesome:

Quite a long shot, isn't it? Out of the millions that died, I only ever recall people remembering a select few of them. The rest are hidden in the statistics, the death toll. I'm sure you'd be honoured and proud to be in one of them, wouldn't you?

I may be a "coward", but I would be alive, I would be there for my family who mean more than anything, and I would be doing things more productive in the future, not killing human beings for the sake of having "honour".

Do what you want. Go fight and die for your country, because frankly, you'd be dead and I'll be prospering doing something more worthwhile, which would actually help save lives.

Send me a note when the PM blows his horn and you go running, I'd love to watch, and laugh
    Another post, another load of lies and rubbish. Do you work for the Labour party? I mentioned school to you once and that was because you made some remark (don't know what, don't really care). Again don't talk rubbish, I'm not a loud-mouthed, to people who know me I'm calm and collective, I'm not small, unless 6ft 1 is considered small nowdays.

I'd rather be informed, than be like you (someone who thinks they know it but really doesn't). You must be so happy with your life, you're in an argument with a 16 year old over something so trivial and yet you won't let it go. I think even your able to tell that this isn't really going anywhere. I'll say something honest and full of truth and you'll respond with name calling and more lies.

Typos only happen when the person isn't paying attention to what he/she is typing, usually because they don't know what they're typing and are making it up on the spot. Your only saying it's laughable because you're embarrassed at making such a silly mistake and you're trying to act like it means nothing (which it doesn't); the point is if I had made a mistake or even make a mistake you'll pick it out.

I'd rather be a 'chav' (which I'm not) than someone who goes around calling people a few years my junior names to make myself feel important. I mean how sad must your life be for you to even want to do this?

They're hardly hidden when they have a massive graveyard in Ypres for all the dead. If you had actually visited then you'd know that they have a gravestone for everyone who was confirmed dead or missing. This means that they're there, they're not 'hidden'.

I doubt you'd have a family, what self-respecting woman would want to go out with someone who would make them feel like ****? The answer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    NONE.
    If the war was lost on our side do you think they would go 'okay we've won let's not take over the land and kill anyone who is still alive' No, they would kill you.

It's death either way.

You're taking this so far out of context now that I feel like your mentally challenged. Is you LSA on a break or something?

ReputationRep:
    straight away

ReputationRep:
    would u kill and die for that too
    No because it's an inanimate object. I play if for something called FUN. Look it up in a dictionary and then proceed to having some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    straight away
    Don't say that too loud or you'll have 3 or 4 people arguing with you over a hypothetical situation which is unlikely to even happen.

The OP(Me) made a mistake in thinking that people could come to a decision and vote without taking it seriously.

ReputationRep:

They're hardly hidden when they have a massive graveyard in Ypres for all the dead. If you had actually visited then you'd know that they have a gravestone for everyone who was confirmed dead or missing. This means that they're there, they're not 'hidden'.

I doubt you'd have a family, what self-respecting woman would want to go out with someone who would make them feel like ****? The answer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    NONE
    . If the war was lost on our side do you think they would go 'okay we've won let's not take over the land and kill anyone who is still alive' No, they would kill you.

It's death either way.

Ive been there, went for a week with my grandad, it is quite harrowing but the whole place is very respectful ( with the last post being played every evening), although it also does serve as a reminder of results of the pretty aweful tactics used that resulted in the slaughter of thousands of guys no older than myself (18). If there was a war similar to the circumstances the OP suggests I would join (if that is what was needed) because I think what we have is worth fighting for
    Don't say that too loud or you'll have 3 or 4 people arguing with you over a hypothetical situation which is unlikely to even happen.

The OP(Me) made a mistake in thinking that people could come to a decision and vote without taking it seriously.
    If I am honest I dont think its too relevant..modern warfare is so different to that of the second/first world war I cant see how having masses of barely trained fodder would help except for less combat orientated roles (like bridge building/etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    Ive been there, went for a week with my grandad, it is quite harrowing but the whole place is very respectful ( with the last post being played every evening), although it also does serve as a reminder of results of the pretty aweful tactics used that resulted in the slaughter of thousands of guys no older than myself (18). If there was a war similar to the circumstances the OP suggests I would join (if that is what was needed) because I think what we have is worth fighting for

Yh, the place is nice for what it is. It's kept very clean and is generally a very respectable place.

Thank you for the last bit, this is what the people who are aruguing with me can't understand. I guess this feeling isn't in everyone.

ReputationRep:
    No because it's an inanimate object. I play if for something called FUN. Look it up in a dictionary and then proceed to having some.
    contradictions here. so ure country is an object?

ReputationRep:
    he was talking about a football game methinks :erm:

]

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a country is an object. We all use the country to live so why should we not fight to save it?

It isn't a contradiction because the country moves, if it moves it isn't inanimate. Think before you post.

ReputationRep:

]

duh

ReputationRep:

]
    Yup and somehow it's got something to do with a war, :confused: some people just can't accept when they have been defeated. There might be a bit of lag, in a couple of hours they'll realise that they were wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a country is an object. We all use the country to live so why should we not fight to save it?

It isn't a contradiction because the country moves, if it moves it isn't inanimate. Think before you post.
    idiot its not an object in the said meaning of object

ReputationRep:
    idiot its not an object in the said meaning of object
    sigh people like you ruin what are just hypothetical discussions, no need to call anyone an idiot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.