• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    I think you mean World war 3. There are plenty of 3rd world war's going on right now :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YerMah)
    idiot its not an object in the said meaning of object
    One meaning of the word object :- 'anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.'

Now what? A country is visible and relatively stable.

I strongly advise you brush up on your word meanings because you called me an 'idiot' even though I was correct, so you have only further proved your idiocy.,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    sigh people like you ruin what are just hypothetical discussions, no need to call anyone an idiot
    its people like him with his brain washed ways that has put the world in the state it is today. cant people just live without thinking about going to war every 50 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine cosmos)
    I think you mean World war 3. There are plenty of 3rd world war's going on right now :'(
    3rd World War means World War 3, just like you had the second and first. This would be the third. I think most people get it, especially after seeing the sides

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    One meaning of the word object :- 'anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.'

Now what? A country is visible and relatively stable.

I strongly advise you brush up on your word meanings because you called me an 'idiot' even though I was correct, so you have only further proved your idiocy.,,,
    a piece of the earth can hardly be called an "object" a keyboard is an object but i wouldnt call a country an object

ReputationRep:
    its people like him with his brain washed ways that has put the world in the state it is today. cant people just live without thinking about going to war every 50 years
    People like me? How the hell have I done anything other than try and create a fun discussion about what people would do. It's not like because I have mentioned a World War it will suddenly start. I really don't see your problem, I'm apparently brainwashed even though everything I have stated is true.

Just GTFO if you don't like what I've created here.

ReputationRep:
    Another post, another load of lies and rubbish. Do you work for the Labour party? I mentioned school to you once and that was because you made some remark (don't know what, don't really care). Again don't talk rubbish, I'm not a loud-mouthed, to people who know me I'm calm and collective, I'm not small, unless 6ft 1 is considered small nowdays.

I'd rather be informed, than be like you (someone who thinks they know it but really doesn't). You must be so happy with your life, you're in an argument with a 16 year old over something so trivial and yet you won't let it go. I think even your able to tell that this isn't really going anywhere. I'll say something honest and full of truth and you'll respond with name calling and more lies.

Typos only happen when the person isn't paying attention to what he/she is typing usually because they don't know what they're typing and are making it up on the spot. Your only saying it's laughable because you're embarrassed at making such a silly mistake and you're trying to act like it means nothing (which it doesn't); the point is if I had made a mistake or even make a mistake you'll pick it out.

I'd rather be a 'chav' (which I'm not) than someone who goes around calling people a few years my junior names to make myself feel important. I mean how sad must your life be for you to even want to do this?

They're hardly hidden when they have a massive graveyard in Ypres for all the dead. If you had actually visited then you'd know that they have a gravestone for everyone who was confirmed dead or missing. This means that they're there, they're not 'hidden'.

I doubt you'd have a family, what self-respecting woman would want to go out with someone who would make them feel like ****? The answer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    NONE
    . If the war was lost on our side do you think they would go 'okay we've won let's not take over the land and kill anyone who is still alive' No, they would kill you.

It's death either way.
    :yawn: You never do shut up, do you, kid? I called you small because you look 10 in your profile pic, I'm sorry if you aren't 10. And I didn't call you a chav as to make myself look important, I'm important enough already :cool: I called you one because your ignorance reflects that of one.

I should be embarrassed because I made a typo? :rolleyes: Why don't you come back here when you're ready to argue the subject at hand and not make futile and ridiculous attempts to belittling someone for their typing mistakes and use of metaphorical mockery? People make typos because they can't be bothered to meticulously proof-read their posts from start to end as to satisfy know-it-all smart-asses like you. I certainly don't care, and it's quite pathetic that you still choose it as a significant element of your argument. You may have historic knowledge, and fluency in the bible (:giggle:) but you certainly don't seem to posses any sense of logic or significant substance in character.

I don't have a family, but I do have a girlfriend, and I certainly don't make her feel like **** :yes: This further backs up my argument that you possess no sense of logic, because if you did, you would realise that I wasn't talking in the present-tense when I mentioned family. Obviously I don't have a family right now you dimwit :rolleyes:

You seem to be spending more time talking about yourself and how many documentaries you watch rather than the subject at hand. You're once against getting lost trying to be a smart ass, you haven't yet justified why one should "die for his country" apart from the silly nonsensical reasons of honour and commemoration.

Having said this, I've gained absolutely nothing whatsoever in this argument with you, apart from the acknowledgement that you are indeed a brainwashed little twit who knows nothing about war and politics and can memorize the bible. I was hoping for more of a logical and substantial debate on the subject at hand. Obviously we're not going to get it here.

ReputationRep:
    a piece of the earth can hardly be called an "object" a keyboard is an object but i wouldnt call a country an object
    Read the definition.

If you were to pull up a bit of mud from the land it would be called an object. The land forms the country and therefore it is an object. End of.

Once again you are wrong.

Just give up.

ReputationRep:
    3rd World War means World War 3, just like you had the second and first. This would be the third. I think most people get it, especially after seeing the sides
    If it isn't incorrect, then it is certainly ambiguous.
    The slaughtering of innocents in Somalia is a 3rd world war.

ReputationRep:
    Read the definition.

If you were to pull up a bit of mud from the land it would be called an object. The land forms the country and therefore it is an object. End of.

Once again you are wrong.

Just give up.
    ok so if i was to pick a piece of mud up i have a piece of britian? would you die for it:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If there was a ww3, i'd take advantage of the confusion and take out as many chavs as i can.

ReputationRep:
    The sides would be Western World vs Islamic States + North Korea
    ...Ahahahahahaha.

Wouldn't really be all that much of a war. The EU and America have enough forces at their disposal to annihilate the Arab States in a conventional war.
    If it came down to guerilla attacks, all that'd be necessary is to close the borders and isolate the states in question.

North Korea's barely even worth taking into consideration. China wouldn't back them if push came to shove, and the South has a competent military of its own- alongside substantial American reinforcements a matter of weeks away.

Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il's magnificent military capacity can't even reach across the Korean Peninsula- let alone to the point of threatening the West. Japan would crush him if he tried expanding his influence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    :yawn: You never do shut up, do you, kid? I called you small because you look 10 in your profile pic, I'm sorry if you aren't 10. And I didn't call you a chav as to make myself look important, I'm important enough already :cool: I called you one because your ignorance reflects that of one.

I should be embarrassed because I made a typo? :rolleyes: Why don't you come back here when you're ready to argue the subject at hand and not make futile and ridiculous attempts to belittling someone for their typing mistakes and use of metaphorical mockery? People make typos because they can't be bothered to meticulously proof-read their posts from start to end as to satisfy know-it-all smart-asses like you. I certainly don't care, and it's quite pathetic that you still choose it as a significant element of your argument. You may have historic knowledge, and fluency in the bible (:giggle:) but you certainly don't seem to posses any sense of logic or significant substance in character.

I don't have a family, but I do have a girlfriend, and I certainly don't make her feel like **** :yes: This further backs up my argument that you possess no sense of logic, because if you did, you would realise that I wasn't talking in the present-tense when I mentioned family. Obviously I don't have a family right now you dimwit :rolleyes:

You seem to be spending more time talking about yourself and how many documentaries you watch rather than the subject at hand. You're once against getting lost trying to be a smart ass, you haven't yet justified why one should "die for his country" apart from the silly nonsensical reasons of honour and commemoration.

Having said this, I've gained absolutely nothing whatsoever in this argument with you, apart from the acknowledgement that you are indeed a brainwashed little twit who knows nothing about war and politics and can memorize the bible. I was hoping for more of a logical and substantial debate on the subject at hand. Obviously we're not going to get it here.
    You're saying that I didn't grasp the tense you were using? Well it's pretty clear from the line I used that I did grasp it 'I doubt you'd have a family'. The words 'you'd have' means that I'm talking in the future-tense as well. I have 'no logic' and yet you missed that. If it was present-tense it would have been 'you have' and if it was past 'you had'. You do realise that you'd means you would, don't you?

It's common knowledge really. You appear more foolish with each post, why don't you go to sleep and try again in the morning because you're obviously tired from reading all the information that I have included in my posts.

I may look 10 to you but why does that matter? I'm 16 so it doesn't really matter how old I look when the most important factor is how old I actually am.

My logic, which I am apparently lacking in is visible in all of my posts, you're just too incapable of seeing it. You go the tenses showed I have no logic, does that mean that because I proved you wrong (yet again) I do in fact have logic and it is indeed you who is lacking? Of course not because you will say I'm pathetic for disproving you.

I'm brainwashed because I know the history of the country I live in and how to use the right tenses and spot when other people are using the correct tense. If that is brainwashed then so be it, I'd rather know the history of my country than be too ignorant to learn it.

How can you call me ignorant when I have learnt the history in my own time, this is surely the least ignorant thing that I could have done. It is you that is ignorant for not knowing the history of our nation or the Bible.

You couldn't handle a logical argument because you've struggled with primary school stuff such as spelling and failure to spot tenses.

Again though you have proved my point, in every post you find a way to either insult or belittle me. This time it was using the words kid- to show that I am somehow inferior to you just because I'm younger, twit and smart-ass.

I didn't forget the 'argument' at hand, you just couldn't handle it, if this was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it a long time ago as you have been battered.

ReputationRep:
    Straight away rarrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    You're saying that I didn't grasp the tense you were using? Well it's pretty clear from the line I used that I did grasp it 'I doubt you'd have a family'. The words 'you'd have' means that I'm talking in the future-tense as well. I have 'no logic' and yet you missed that. If it was present-tesnse it would have been 'you have' and if it was past 'you had'.

It's common knowledge really. You appear more foolish with each post, why don't you go to sleep and try again in the morning because you're obviously tired from reading all the information that I have included in my posts.

I may look 10 to you but why does that matter? I'm 16 so it doesn't really matter how old I look when the most important factor is how old I actually am.

My logic, which I am apparently lacking in is visible in all of my posts, you're just too incapable of seeing it. You go the tenses showed I have no logic, does that mean that because I proved you wrong (yet again) I do in fact have logic and it is indeed you who is lacking? Of course not because you will say I'm pathetic for disproving you.

I'm brainwashed because I know my history of the country I live in and how to use the right tenses and spot when other people are using the correct tense. If that is brainwashed then so be it, I'd rather know the history of my country than be too ignorant to learn it.

How can you call me ignorant when I have learnt the history in my own time, this is surely the least ignorant thing that I could have done. It is you that is ignorant for not knowing the history of our nation or the Bible.

You couldn't handle a logical argument because you've struggled with primary school stuff such as spelling and failure to spot tenses.
    :clap: You spotted another mistake, I'll give that one to you. But then again, you made a typo here:

If it was present-tesnse
    WHY you foolish and academically incompetent thing :zomg: See where I'm coming from, kid?

Logical argument? :rofl: There is no logic coming from you. Where is the logic? You haven't yet justified why a human should die for his country. All you've said so far is the ******** of honour and commemoration. THIS ISN'T LOGIC. It's OPINIONATED and BRAINWASHED.

I find your arguments quote hypocritical and ironic. You keep accusing me of judgement yet you're judging me and making assumptions about my education and family prospects. I don't want to stoop to your level by listing my academic achievements, but trust me, I've achieved a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the Islamic states would be much of a threat tbh. I think China and North Korea would be though. Needless to say, I'd join up and kick some Eastern *******s' arses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    :clap: You spotted another mistake, I'll give that one to you. But then again, you made a typo here:

WHY you foolish and academically incompetent thing :zomg: See where I'm coming from, kid?

Logical argument? :rofl: There is no logic coming from you. Where is the logic? You haven't yet justified why a human should die for his country. All you've said so far is the ******** of honour and commemoration. THIS ISN'T LOGIC. It's OPINIONATED and BRAINWASHED.

I find your arguments quote hypocritical and ironic. You keep accusing me of judgement yet you're judging me and making assumptions about my education and family prospects. I don't want to stoop to your level by listing my academic achievements, but trust me, I've achieved a lot.
    Difference being I've waited to get responses from you before making the first round of judgements. You made yours in a callous way, you quoted me randomly and called me a chav. I haven't called you anything offensive.

Okay I made a mistake, it's getting late and I'm busy, least I didn't critise someone for getting the tenses wrong only to realise that they did in fact get them right.

Just because it's opinionated doesn't mean it's brainwashed, there is no logic in that statement. It an opinion of mine which is shared by fellow members of this board. It's the way that we feel about the country, the way we would die to try and keep it the way it is. If you can't respect that then there is no point in continuing.

Oh and thanks for proving me correct (again). In an earlier post I stated that should I make a mistake you will highlight it, even though you, yourself said that it was pathetic. Obviously it wasn't too pathetic for you to try and get one back and don't even play the 'oh it was sarcastic' card.

Edit: I'm bored of this argument, it isn't going anywhere, you don't respect this nation in the same way that I do and you will just continue to call me names so say what you want. I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    I voted straight away. Not neccessarily to defend purely my country, but rather the people within it.

Hypothetically speaking, to those who said they would leave the country to avoid conscription; would they expect to be allowed to return freely after the war had ended?

ReputationRep:
    I can forsee this thread will be closed by the time I wake up cos of the stupid, petty and nonsense arguing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick.J)
    I voted straight away. Not neccessarily to defend purely my country, but rather the people within it.

Hypothetically speaking, to those who said they would leave the country to avoid conscription; would they expect to be allowed to return freely after the war had ended?
    It worked for a lot of 'nam deserters.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.