• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    Fight right away. I like England for all it's flaws, bring it on imaginary people

ReputationRep:
    nooo nooo noo way would i fight. i may be an american but i'm not violent and senseless. we'd probably all die anyway since i'm sure there would be nuclear bombs...so i'd hide out in my personal bomb shelter, built under the house that i will buy when i'm older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    P.s. The UK spends about 7 times as much as Iran on its armed forces, yet they're not 7 times as strong and your OP said "No Nukes" so, tell me, how they're going to wipe out Iran if they're loosing in Afghanistan and were a joke in Iraq.
    Hahahahahaha.

Please for the love of god don't tell me you think the UK is losing (L-O-S-I-N-G) in either Afghanistan or Iraq?

So they lose a few soldiers, but compared to the thousands they have killed then the ratio alone means they "win". Just because a few rogue bombers attack sporadically that really noone can stop doesn't mean they are losing by any stretch of the imagination. It doesn't matter how good an army is, if something like a Jihad is called then obviously a few rogue fighters will slip through the net and attack.

ReputationRep:
    I would join the Islamic States (bit racist name)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Difference being I've waited to get responses from you before making the first round of judgements. You made yours in a callous way, you quoted me randomly and called me a chav. I haven't called you anything offensive.

Okay I made a mistake, it's getting late and I'm busy, least I didn't critise someone for getting the tenses wrong only to realise that they did in fact get them right.

Just because it's opinionated doesn't mean it's brainwashed, there is no logic in that statement. It an opinion of mine which is shared by fellow members of this board. It's the way that we feel about the country, the way we would die to try and keep it the way it is. If you can't respect that then there is no point in continuing.

Oh and thanks for proving me correct (again). In an earlier post I stated that should I make a mistake you will highlight it, even though you, yourself said that it was pathetic. Obviously it wasn't too pathetic for you to try and get one back and don't even play the 'oh it was sarcastic' card.

Edit: I'm bored of this argument, it isn't going anywhere, you don't respect this nation in the same way that I do and you will just continue to call me names so say what you want. I don't really care.
    Thank You. You've gave me a laugh or two with this thread.

Although, yes you are a Ned which is a Scottish Chav. Everyone that spouts off crap like 'ohh I'm going to join the army and kill people and be honorable' they're all Neds (Chavs), every single one of them.

You also said stuff about how Britain was nice and clean and good and all that jazz. Have you taken a look around lately? Both Scotland and England are sh*tholes. I studied history since I was about 10, and I can't name a single person who died in WW1 or WW2 by name. Not a single one. Out of out the millions, and if your WW3 did happen, you'd be the same. You wont be remembered, you'll be a statistic. Nothing more.

And just because you were born here, doesn't mean you have to go out and pointlessly die just because you love your country. If WW3 happened, would you think it's ok for a few people to gather together, write a note saying 'we done this because we love Britain' and kill themselves, cause that's whats going to happen anyway?

OR better yet, would you find it acceptable for people to run out on the street and kill Muslims or whoever we were fighting, because it's for 'Queen and Country'?

Sorry for the long post, but you are a gimp. There is nothing honorable about going to a country, trying to kill someone and end up dying in a big pile of bodies covered in blood and ****.

Thanks for reading.

(Original post by Lefty Leo)
    I have no idea what you mean.

I will assume it was a witty and / or funny statement.

Damn, that was a witty and / or funny statement .
    It was in MASH (the book, not the TV programme); it's a very definite affirmative.

ReputationRep:
    If a Third World War broke out I think you'd be more concerned about finding a dungeon or cave to escape the nuclear fallout instead of pondering where your nearest conscription office is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    It worked for a lot of 'nam deserters.
    Indeed it did, however the difference between that war and this theoretical one is that their own country would be under threat of attack, be that through ICBMs, long-range bombers or invasion etc, as opposed to invading a country to liberate it/look for WMDs/fight communism.

Again, purely theoretical; to those who say they wouldn't fight and anyone who would sign up/go along with conscription is a murderer/chav/idiot etc; would you expect people to fight for you, or should everyone become a draft dodger and allow the country to be attacked?

ReputationRep:
    One tip

Don't talk to me unless you can accept when you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    That's a very sad result on the poll there.

If any able-bodied British man voted No, he should be executed on sight.

I'd get myself on that bloody, loud, hell-hole battle-field strightaway to defend western civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    That's a very sad result on the poll there.

If any able-bodied British man voted No, he should be executed on sight.

I'd get myself on that bloody, loud, hell-hole battle-field strightaway to defend western civilisation.

I am an able-bodied British man, WTF are you going to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    I am an able-bodied British man, WTF are you going to do about it?
    If you refused to aid this country in a time of war (during conscription) by putting yourself on the frontline with all the other young lads, I would have you executed :yes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    If you refused to aid this country in a time of war (during conscription) by putting yourself on the frontline with all the other young lads, I would have you executed :yes: .
    You're gonna upset a few people by saying that. I had like a 4 page argument with many people because of what I said.

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna upset a few people by saying that. I had like a 4 page argument with many people because of what I said.

WTF are you talking about anywa, you have to be at least 16 to join the army.

ReputationRep:
    Would you join the army voluntarily or would you wait for conscription or not at all.

I personally would join straight away, I know the consequences because I've studied WWI and WWII and seen loads of documentaries on them and also urban warfare. I would feel that it was my duty to and I would die to protect my country.

What about you?

Okay, imagine they signed a bill saying no nuclear weapons are to be used. Normal rockets can be used but nuclear is a no-no. Now decide.

The sides would be Western World vs Islamic States + North Korea

Western World = USA, UK, France, Belgium, Poland, Australia, Canada, Israel, Russia etc

Neutral Countries = Spain, Portugal, Switerzland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Andorra, Luxembourg etc from Europe. I think you get the idea.

The Islam World has declared a Jihad or 'Holy War' after a recent spat of terrorist attacks.

THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL

IF YOU CAN'T MAKE A SIMPLE DECISION WHICH WON'T ACTUALLY AFFECT ANYTHING AND YOUR ONLY INTENTION IS TO ARGUE OR MOAN THEN GTFO AND SAVE MY TIME.

This thread has been turned into a massive agrument due to ' thatrollingstone' and 'YehMah'. They can't accept the fact that this isn't real for some reason. I'm sorry to see it go to this but it was inevitable, some people have to try and be too clever at times and can't accept that it was only a bit of fun.

Thank you
    Those sides are unlikely but this war is likely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    No problem with your screen name why?
    said the name and had a sad face at the end of the post :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    said the name and had a sad face at the end of the post
    Ah, ok. Basically it was your reaction to the what the soldier was saying. It was a sort of dialogue e.g.
    Soldier: "hello skye333"
    Skye333: "hello soldier"
    Voudreau: "nobody understands me"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    Ah, ok. Basically it was your reaction to the what the soldier was saying. It was a sort of dialogue e.g.
    Soldier: "hello skye333"
    Skye333: "hello soldier"
    Voudreau: "nobody understands me"
    Haha , I'm an idiot, don't worry. I just get straight to the point without thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    Haha , I'm an idiot, don't worry. I just get straight to the point without thinking

ReputationRep:
    I'd start my own army of super heros and seek vengance against the forces of evil!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.