• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave the country. Probably just move across the border into the Republic of Ireland, they'd most likely not be involved. Easy peasy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Can't you sign a waiver? I wanted to join but I've got to go to 6th form and then probably Uni and then there would be no point.
    They insisted that it was too big of a problem and that although I could apply, I probably wouldn't pass the medical.

ReputationRep:
    I would straight down the training barracks before the news reporter had said "war had broken out"

ReputationRep:
    Nukes probably drop by your neighbourhood even before you get there

ReputationRep:
    I'd get some guns and build an underground tunnel called vault 101 and lock a few people in it till the war is over then let them free

hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    I'd leave the country. Probably just move across the border into the Republic of Ireland, they'd most likely not be involved. Easy peasy.
    I could do that, I'm half Irish, so easy but the easy way isn't always the best way.

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't let me.

I tried to do an army day when I was 14 and they wouldn't let me go to do an obstacle course. Just because I have MILD asthma, they're crazy :mad:

We'll see what happens if it did break out :rolleyes:

On a serious note I really wouldn't want to fight :woo:, maybe I could be a nurse or plan stuff instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I'd get some guns and build an underground tunnel called vault 101 and lock a few people in it till the war is over then let them free

hehe
    I wonder where I've heard that before :p: Would you also be fighting giant ants?

ReputationRep:
    I poperly won't as i am applying to do medicine, but might do if I get all hot headed, but if they are fighting China then I definitely won't seeing how I am a british national born in China.

ReputationRep:
    I'd move to a nice neutal country.

ReputationRep:
    Id join no doubt.

Pop some ragheads innit.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where I've heard that before :p: Would you also be fighting giant ants?
    :zomg:

How did you know?!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be all like 'WHERE DO I GET MAH GRENADES AT'.

ReputationRep:
    Meh i'd probably get tasked with developing some horrible doomsday virus, that or recruited to be a spy- the joys of being cantabrigarian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    :zomg:

How did you know?!
    I just guessed. I wonder how you'll do the expansion missions

ReputationRep:
    I'd rejoin if they'd have me, but I'm probably too old and out of shape these days...

ReputationRep:
    I could do that, I'm half Irish, so easy but the easy way isn't always the best way.
    Best way to not get killed tbf

ReputationRep:
    My intellect as an engineer would be far more useful in developing weapons/equipment rather than using them. My skills would be wasted as a soldier.

ReputationRep:
    You must be crazy, not a chance in hell would I join.

Lifes too short and there is so many things I havn't done/experienced yet, why would I risk my only life for a piece of land I grew up on.

EDIT: Fair play to the people that would.

ReputationRep:
    Ill keep studying hard and then join the RAMC like my grandad did for national service.
    But this is a purely hypothetical situation anyway so it doesnt really matter.
    Hows that? =D

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.