• View Poll Results: When would you join
    Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave the country. Probably just move across the border into the Republic of Ireland, they'd most likely not be involved. Easy peasy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Can't you sign a waiver? I wanted to join but I've got to go to 6th form and then probably Uni and then there would be no point.
    They insisted that it was too big of a problem and that although I could apply, I probably wouldn't pass the medical.

ReputationRep:
    I would straight down the training barracks before the news reporter had said "war had broken out"

ReputationRep:
    Nukes probably drop by your neighbourhood even before you get there

ReputationRep:
    I'd get some guns and build an underground tunnel called vault 101 and lock a few people in it till the war is over then let them free

hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    I'd leave the country. Probably just move across the border into the Republic of Ireland, they'd most likely not be involved. Easy peasy.
    I could do that, I'm half Irish, so easy but the easy way isn't always the best way.

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't let me.

I tried to do an army day when I was 14 and they wouldn't let me go to do an obstacle course. Just because I have MILD asthma, they're crazy :mad:

We'll see what happens if it did break out :rolleyes:

On a serious note I really wouldn't want to fight :woo:, maybe I could be a nurse or plan stuff instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I'd get some guns and build an underground tunnel called vault 101 and lock a few people in it till the war is over then let them free

hehe
    I wonder where I've heard that before :p: Would you also be fighting giant ants?

ReputationRep:
    I poperly won't as i am applying to do medicine, but might do if I get all hot headed, but if they are fighting China then I definitely won't seeing how I am a british national born in China.

ReputationRep:
    I'd move to a nice neutal country.

ReputationRep:
    Id join no doubt.

Pop some ragheads innit.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where I've heard that before :p: Would you also be fighting giant ants?
    :zomg:

How did you know?!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be all like 'WHERE DO I GET MAH GRENADES AT'.

ReputationRep:
    Meh i'd probably get tasked with developing some horrible doomsday virus, that or recruited to be a spy- the joys of being cantabrigarian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    :zomg:

How did you know?!
    I just guessed. I wonder how you'll do the expansion missions

ReputationRep:
    I'd rejoin if they'd have me, but I'm probably too old and out of shape these days...

ReputationRep:
    I could do that, I'm half Irish, so easy but the easy way isn't always the best way.
    Best way to not get killed tbf

ReputationRep:
    My intellect as an engineer would be far more useful in developing weapons/equipment rather than using them. My skills would be wasted as a soldier.

ReputationRep:
    You must be crazy, not a chance in hell would I join.

Lifes too short and there is so many things I havn't done/experienced yet, why would I risk my only life for a piece of land I grew up on.

EDIT: Fair play to the people that would.

ReputationRep:
    Ill keep studying hard and then join the RAMC like my grandad did for national service.
    But this is a purely hypothetical situation anyway so it doesnt really matter.
    Hows that? =D

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.