28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    Best way to not get killed tbf
    That's true. I wasn't calling you a coward lol what you'd do is smart. We need someone to carry on the human race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Would you join the army voluntarily or would you wait for conscription or not at all.

I personally would join straight away, I know the consequences because I've studied WWI and WWII and seen loads of documentaries on them and also urban warfare. I would feel that it was my duty to and I would die to protect my country.

What about you?

Okay, imagine they signed a bill saying no nuclear weapons are to be used. Normal rockets can be used but nuclear is a no-no. Now decide.
    What's the situation? Why are we having this war?

ReputationRep:
    i'd only join when it comes down to the fact that they really really need more troops. i wouldn't join straight away. and the 'better training' doesn't bother me really. Cause its likely that most of the army dies in the war. so if death is coming to all of us, regardless of training, i don't really see the point of getting 'better' training. might as well have a bit of fun, kill a few terrorists and use my final breath to say something that will cause the daily mail to write an article on me the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Tough one, what would be the country's fighting? England-USA vs ????
    I am a fighting sort of person, but because it's modern warfare and I'm a computer kinda guy, I'd probably join the secret part in IT :P

ReputationRep:
    We'd all be dead pretty soon though tbf.

ReputationRep:
    i like to be part of the action so i would proabably volunteer, so long as i got to use a gun...otherwise it would be a total waste of time

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't need to fight, or even be able to.

If World War III broke out, you'd be vaporised within an hour of war being declared.

ReputationRep:
    I'd flee to either Canada or the "Country" North Cyprus :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I'd get some guns and build an underground tunnel called vault 101 and lock a few people in it till the war is over then let them free

hehe
    Bandits will dig your tunnel and also Deathclaws.

ReputationRep:
    i'd already be in, with a moustache to boot !

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather hope that I'd get called upon to do some Bletchley park style stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    What's the situation? Why are we having this war?
    Loads of terrorist attacks in a short space of time and the Muslim world has launched a Jihad or 'Holy war'.

No offence to the Muslim world but this is the most likely reason for a World War.

That or North Korea strikes Japan with a rocket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    You wouldn't need to fight, or even be able to.

If World War III broke out, you'd be vaporised within an hour of war being declared.
    That's why in my opening post I said nuclear weapons are a no-no due to the fact that they don't want to kill everyone in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I am joining anyway, doctor in the RAMC
    Still, I am very tempted by walking in with a 50. Cal over shoulder and a rambo-esque amount of rounds and just shooting everything.......and then running away to my super safe bunker when i run out and they start chasing me....and I would need to stock up females to keep in the bunker...to repopulate of course(Megan Fox...etc.)

ReputationRep:
    I've thought countless times of joining the Marines - I wouldn't want to join the Army - not saying I'm above it and if I had to I would but it is a lower level sort of thing. If I'm gonna do it, I wanna be the elite.

It would also depend who the main enemy was. If it was someone like the USA then we'd all be safe anyway because they'd miss and hit NZ with their missiles.

ReputationRep:
    would be funny if everyone trained and then the whole world just starting nuking each other :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd join if they wanted me, I love the UK, if you won't fight for your home what kind of man are you

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't really need forces for a 3rd world war. Just somebody to press the red button and nukes ahoy.

ReputationRep:
    If it was some sort of mahoosive war and the baddies were actually planning to invade Britain or whatever, then I imagine I would

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea which side I would tak eif it was western vs islamic states. Because I'm a muslim but have been brought up in a western state so have a mixture of values.
    If the war was based on something that wasnt mainly based on religion then I would fight for western but if it was based on religion then I would fight for religion.
    I would rather be some sort of trained assasin rather than join the army.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.