Straight Away
    28.25%
    When I was forced to
    26.02%
    Never
    45.72%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Loads of terrorist attacks in a short space of time and the Muslim world has launched a Jihad or 'Holy war'.

No offence to the Muslim world but this is the most likely reason for a World War.
    :rofl:

In that case I wouldn't fight. No need to. Seriously look at the Muslim world:

How many countries in that have a functioning army? Turkey has the only modern army with Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and maybe Egypt coming close. All of those armies use Western equipment, pretty much no indigenous weapons. Heck, half (if not more) of the Muslim world is propped up by Western miliraty aid.

ReputationRep:
    tbh though, I probably would join if needed but do the OP and others believe that WW III would be the same as WWII and I. With the advent of nuclear weapons will the next world war be fought by infantry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    tbh though, I probably would join if needed but do the OP and others believe that WW III would be the same as WWII and I. With the advent of nuclear weapons will the next world war be fought by infantry?
    No, we don't believe that nuclear weapons wouldn't be used, we know they would but I'm saying IF the infantry was needed would you honestly be up to fighting.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Neutral Countries = Spain, Portugal, Switerzland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Andorra, Luxembourg etc

I'd move to one of those countries. Me, join the army? Hahahaha, forget about it.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst there's a great deal of attraction in culling infidels with automatic weapons and explosives, the associated negative of them trying to do exactly the same to me is enough to put me off.

Ultimately, I'd probably go if I was forced. I might flee to Ireland or something if there were no obvious negatives. I'm one of those people who is more inclined to ask what my country can do for me, rather than what I can do for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)

In that case I wouldn't fight. No need to. Seriously look at the Muslim world:

How many countries in that have a functioning army? Turkey has the only modern army with Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and maybe Egypt coming close. All of those armies use Western equipment, pretty much no indigenous weapons. Heck, half (if not more) of the Muslim world is propped up by Western miliraty aid.
    Where have you been for the last 8 years. Iraq is part of the Muslim world and they have killed many American, British, Australian, Canadian etc soilders. They aren't as bad as people make out, they know the land well and will never stop fighting until they are dead. They have nothing to lose. Iran are making nuclear weapons so they'll be a threat and with North Korea they could be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Whilst there's a great deal of attraction in culling infidels with automatic weapons and explosives, the associated negative of them trying to do exactly the same to me is enough to put me off.

Ultimately, I'd probably go if I was forced. I might flee to Ireland or something if there were no obvious negatives. I'm one of those people who is more inclined to ask what my country can do for me, rather than what I can do for it.
    Fair enough, at least you're honest about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Neutral Countries = Spain, Portugal, Switerzland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Andorra, Luxembourg etc

I'd move to one of those countries. Me, join the army? Hahahaha, forget about it.
    Lol, by Ireland I mean ROI not NI as they would fight on behalf of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question alert: Can women fight on the front line?

I really don't know if I would TBH, I'm quite dosey so I'd probably walk into a bullet. =S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Stupid question alert: Can women fight on the front line?

I really don't know if I would TBH, I'm quite dosey so I'd probably walk into a bullet. =S
    I think they can (don't quote me on it) because some female soilder was killed in Iraq. Also I don't think they'd be too fussed as to who they sent out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Where have you been for the last 8 years. Iraq is part of the Muslim world and they have killed many American, British, Australian, Canadian etc soilders. They aren't as bad as people make out, they know the land well and will never stop fighting until they are dead. They have nothing to lose. Iran are making nuclear weapons so they'll be a threat and with North Korea they could be dangerous.
    4000 soldiers isn't a lot when you're talking on a global scale. You think that the USA, Russia, Europe, China and India will have problems defeating teh Muslim world. No one said anything about occupying, the Iraqi army was defeated in a few weeks with minimal loses.

Assuming that Iran is making nukes, you said that we aren't considering nukes so it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Lol if needed be yes, but those countries we would oppose are a ******* joke. Literally, USA+UK+AUS+Belgium+Israel would wipe them off the ******* map with our current army(ies)

ReputationRep:
    4000 soldiers isn't a lot when you're talking on a global scale. You think that the USA, Russia, Europe, China and India will have problems defeating teh Muslim world. No one said anything about occupying, the Iraqi army was defeated in a few weeks with minimal loses.

Assuming that Iran is making nukes, you said that we aren't considering nukes so it doesn't matter.
    Yh, but it was an example of their intelligence, they would surely be a threat?

It depends really on whether it was a surprise attack. I'd like to see an experts prediction on it. Taking away nukes. I think it would be won in 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    I tried to do an army day when I was 14 and they wouldn't let me go to do an obstacle course. Just because I have MILD asthma, they're crazy
    I can image how that converstion went:

Soldier: "Sorry little girl, we can't send you to your death. You have asthama"
    Skye333:

ReputationRep:
    I'd join whichever side paid me more. If neither could stump up a decent wage I'm not taking part.

ReputationRep:
    I'd fight. If you want freedom you have to defend it. On that note I wonder if conscription would become applicable to women, they get a vote and should surely defend it?

ReputationRep:
    I'd move to japan because they probably have transformers n all.

wouldnt join straight away let all the chavs get killed first that type of thing

ReputationRep:
    This is true but if you're looking at Muslim terrorist organisations operating in these countries, they are very dangerous. Al Qaeda managed to kill almost 3000 people with just a handful of terrorists entering America armed with only a couple of small knives. Also, we've been in Afghanistan for 8 years now and still haven't managed to gain significant ground in overthrowing the Taliban despite spending $1 trillion and having the best armies in the world there. Also, Saudi Arabia

Also, the Muslim population is very large and exists in many countries, in France there's around 7 million Muslims and a lot in other European countries like the Netherlands. It is also the second biggest religion in many countries (including India where there's 200 million Muslims) and in a Jihad war Muslim countries will be able to extract manpower and resources from these people. In the UK there's over 1000 Muslim millionaires so there are resources available all over the world if it was Islam vs. West. Also countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have nuclear weapons with Iran and North Korea close.

It depends on the circumstances of the war tbh, if the West attacked many Muslim countries and Jihad was declared to protect Islamic countries and Muslim people, I can see many Muslims globally (including the ones in Britain and America) siding with the Islamic countries making the war infinitely difficult as they'd have internal conflict.

ReputationRep:
    I'd sign up to the RAF or Navy straight away.
    I'd avoid the army at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to say I wouldn't join straight away but after I gave it some careful thought I would. If it is to stop the Islamic Holy War then yes because I believe that people should not be killed in the name of religion. Plus it would be to save the free world.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.