The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bretj89

OH you were aiming for sarcasm?

Honestly, it's hard to distinguish on TSR, people can be serious about that stuff!
I'd kidnap my boyfriend and take him to a neutral country so they couldn't take him away!!
Reply 102
I wouldnt join...I didnt tell anyone to fight did I?
I'd do tech stuff. That way i'm safe.
Id see it coming and move to Aus/New Zealand, and live my days out on a nice rolling hill, occasionally flicking to the news channel!
Reply 105
You don't know what Jihad means, and it seems like you're ignorant.

But if ww3 broke out, and Iran was involved, i would take the first plane to Iran and join the Iranian army.
Reply 106
philip67
Id see it coming and move to Aus/New Zealand, and live my days out on a nice rolling hill, occasionally flicking to the news channel!

Australia fight.
I'd join as a medic or not at all.
Reply 108
ToastyCoke
Sorry, but basically any side with UK and US is going to win.

No, any side with the US is going to win.
Reply 109
Bateman
You don't know what Jihad means, and it seems like you're ignorant.

But if ww3 broke out, and Iran was involved, i would take the first plane to Iran and join the Iranian army.

Well according to my Muslim friends and the internet it means 'Struggle'.

How the **** can you say that I'm ignorant from a question, I swear everyone needs to learn what the word ignorant means.

I'm not Muslim so why would I care about Arabic and what words mean? I'm never going to go to an Islamic state.
Reply 110
Thomasmc135
Well according to my Muslim friends and the internet it means 'Struggle'.

How the **** can you say that I'm ignorant from a question, I swear everyone needs to learn what the word ignorant means.

I'm not Muslim so why would I care about Arabic and what words mean? I'm never going to go to an Islamic state.

You are even more ignorant with this post.
Reply 111
Bateman
No, any side with the US is going to win.

Do you enjoy being an idiot? Go brush up on your history. Both the UK and USA have enjoyed fantastic success in the battlefields, including WWI and WWII.

In WWII, Britain held on for around 8 months IIRC by themselves after France had surrendered. If they had given up in them 8 months then America would have had no war to walk into.
Reply 112
King Pieb
I would straight down the training barracks before the news reporter had said "war had broken out"

why don;t you straight down the training barracks now then?
Sakujo
Firstly, 3000 people is not a lot and AQ just got lucky. Secondly, America and others haven't been throwing their full weight behind Afghanistan. If the countries currently engaged wanted to, they could call up millions of soldiers. But it isn't worth it. In the case of a world war however...

Yes but still spent $1 trillion and have an army totalling 200k (including NATO and domestic forces) fighting the Taliban but to no avail.

You're assuming that Muslims in non-Muslim countries will put their full weight behind this war despite it sounding like another Al-Qaeda operation that magically causes a world war. It doesn't matter how numerous or wealthy Muslims are now if they don't have anything to contrbute to a war later on. What I mean is sure a Muslim could give a mill or two to this war but what then? Buy some arms from the West? Or develop your own arms while under fire from the world's superpowers who refuse to give you any technology

The OP said the Islamic World has declared Jihad, meaning they are under threat and therefore Muslims would be required to fight to protect Islamic soil. This makes the situation entirely different to a normal war as a religious duty is put to Muslims globally.

Also, a Jihad war? Can we avoid the vague religious terms and just stick with the much more sensible war?

As I previously stated, the OP did say "The Islam World has declared a Jihad or 'Holy War' after a recent spat of terrorist attacks."
Reply 114
Thomasmc135
Do you enjoy being an idiot? Go brush up on your history. Both the UK and USA have enjoyed fantastic success in the battlefields, including WWI and WWII.

In WWII, Britain held on for around 8 months IIRC by themselves after France had surrendered. If they had given up in them 8 months then America would have had no war to walk into.

What has History got to do with the future?

In ww2 Britain was a superpower.
Reply 115
Bateman
You are even more ignorant with this post.

What for telling the truth? That's not ignorant it's a good quality. It's like you going you'd jump on the first plan to Iran. That is ignorance for everything this country had done for you.

Me saying the truth isn't ignorance. You know what GTFO my thread if you don't like what I'm saying.
Reply 116
Bateman
What has History got to do with the future?

In ww2 Britain was a superpower.

Britain is one of the most powerful nations in the world. Why does America always ask for the UK's help? It's because we along with them are the best at fighting.
Reply 117
Thomasmc135
Britain is one of the most powerful nations in the world. Why does America always ask for the UK's help? It's because we along with them are the best at fighting.

LOL

Funniest thing i've read all day.
Reply 118
Thomasmc135
What for telling the truth? That's not ignorant it's a good quality. It's like you going you'd jump on the first plan to Iran. That is ignorance for everything this country had done for you.

wtf has it done for me?
Thomasmc135

OP Why'd you add North korea to help the Islamic states :s-smilie:
Forgive me if i missed the Obvious or something.

Latest