Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok So I decided To start my own thead and update it each week with new updates but basically for people who don't use other websites ect I am going to post like the latest story in sony/ps3 news here.

so here we go
    ]20th of july
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Castle Crashers Heading To PS3
    Ever since The Behemoth’s popular Xbox 360 Arcade title Castle Crashers was released last August PS3 fans who had seen the game looked on enviously. The four player co-operative side on beat-em-up might ooze old school charm but looks absolutely stunning and the RPG-light features means that the constant leveling up of your knights keeps everything fresh. It’s a great game and one that we’re delighted will be moving over to the PS3 in the coming months.

Yesterday at the San Diego Comic-Con The Behemoth confirmed that they’re working on a PlayStation 3 version of the game, which will see all the features of the Xbox 360 ported over intact, including on-line multiplayer, the little deathmatch arena and the greedy minigame. Whilst there’s no set date for the game’s release yet the developers say progress is good and the PS3 version already looks the part – there’s also the chance that Sony fans will get some kind of bonus content for having waited so long.

Fat Princess: “July 31st”?

We’ve been back and forth with a release date for Fat Princess more often than the fridge, but it looks like the game will finally release next week, on the 31st of July. According to the Hong Kong PlayStation site, which was bang on with the release of WipEout HD Fury a week before it was announced over here, the 32 player twist on capture the flag will be out very soon indeed.

“Fat Princess is all about teamwork”, says the Asian site, “whether you’re a freedom fighter or a fat fighter. Your enemies have kidnapped your princess. In revenge, you have abducted their princess. The only problem is, these gluttonous girls just keep on eating cake. The bigger they get, the more men you’ll need to ferry them back to safety.” Let’s hope this holds true and that we’ll all be eating far too much cake in just 8 days.
    European PSN Store Update: 23/07/09

PS3 Games:

Crystal Defenders: £7.99 (demo also available)
    Shatter: £4.79

PS3 DLC:

Killzone Napalm & Cordite Pack: £4.79
    Killzone DLC Map Bundle: £9.99
    WipEout HD Fury Expansion Pack: £7.99
    Tiger Woods 2010: Banff Springs: £4.79
    Overlord 2: Battle Rock Nemesis Game Pack: £3.19

Rock Band:

Kings Of Leon: “Crawl”
    Kings Of Leon: “Molly’s Chambers”
    Kings Of Leon: “Sex On Fire”
    Rancid: “Last One To Die”
    Rancid: “Ruby Soho”
    Rancid: “Time Bomb”
    Rise Against: “Prayer Of The Refugee”
    Rise Against: “Re-education”
    Rise Against: “Saviour”
    Lush: “Sweetness and Light"

Guitar Hero:

Thrice: “All the World is Mad”
    AlexIsOnFire: “Young Cardinals”
    Senses Fail: “The Martyr”

Singstar:

The 4 Of Us – “Mary”
    Adam And The Ants – “Goody Two Shoes”
    Anna Abreu – “End of Love”
    Coldplay – “Life In Technicolor II”
    The Coral – “In The Morning”
    Depeche Mode – “Everything Counts”
    Gloria Estefan – “Dr. Beat”
    The Hold Steady – “Stay Positive”
    Kasabian – “Fire”
    Krezip – “Promise”
    Lou Bega – “Mambo No. 5”
    P!nk – “Family Portrait”
    Pet Shop Boys – “You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You’re Drunk”
    Queen – “Fat Bottomed Girls “
    Queen – “I’m In Love With My Car “
    Queen – “Somebody To Love “
    Queen – “Tie Your Mother Down “
    Queen – “You’re My Best Friend “
    Roy Orbison – “I Drove All Night”
    Sade – “Smooth Operator”
    Vaya Con Dios – “Time Flies”
    Uncharted 2 dev debuts 'Gold Rush' mode at Comic-Con
    For you non-competitive gamers out there, Uncharted 2's Gold Rush mode will surely appeal.

Arne Meyer, Senior Manager of Marketing Communications at Naughty Dog, recently teamed up with Jeff Rubenstein of the PlayStation Blog at Comic-Con 2009 to reveal another cooperative Uncharted 2 multiplayer mode: Gold Rush. Gold Rush involves several players working together to capture treasure chests scattered across the map defended by some feisty computer opposition. Check it out in action below.
    http://www.viddler.com/player/b054a54e/
    Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time Screenshots

The old adage of a picture being worth a thousand words has never been more true, so I’ll stop right here and let you revel in the glory of just what Insomniac can do with the PlayStation 3. Everybody else, hang your heads in shame, or get bigger budgets.

I picked a handful of the best but the whole set of pictures can be found on Flickr at this link
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/s3ntry9...detail/?page=3

Guerrilla Games taking a break from Killzone 2

Guerrilla Games’ Seb Downie has said that the celebrated developer is ready to take a breather from all things Killzone 2, having just polished off another batch of downloadable content for the critically acclaimed shooter in the form of yesterday's Napalm & Cordite Pack.

“Right now we’re going to take a step back from Killzone 2,” Downie said on the EU PlayStation Blog. “We’ve been working non-stop since the disc version was released on patches, DLC and killzone.com updates, so need some time to reflect on what is actually out there.”

While Downie’s comments do not outright confirm that the company has no plans for any further DLC, they do seem to imply that fans will have a bit of a wait on their hands before anything else is released.

27th July 2009
    Marvel Superhero Costumes For LBP

Is your sackboy short of things to wear? Did the game not include enough outfits for him? Have none of the dozens of paid for or free costumes on the PSN Store appealed? Is dressing him in something that has been available for more than two weeks to be frowned upon?

If so then Marvel and Media Molecule are soon to be coming to your rescue. Over at Comic Con at a panel titled “The Next Generation of Marvel Video Games”, attended by Kotaku, Marvel showed concept renders of three Marvel superhero costumes for sackboy; Wolverine, Iron Man and Captain America. No release date was mentioned or whether these would be the only three of Marvel’s costumed heroes to get the sackboy treatment.

We can hardly contain our generate any excitement at finding out about yet another set of LBP costumes but let me know in the comments which superhero costume you would like to see sackboy wearing and why and my favourites from your suggestions will pick up a few TSA points.

Star Wars: he Force Unleashed New DLC
    The new DLC, due to arrive this Autumn, takes the original story branch in an alternate-universe-style direction and asks the question, what if the apprentice had killed ol’ Darth face wheezy and replaced him as the emperor’s understudy. Picking up where we left off, the brand new level, set on Tatooine, sends you off hunting for bitter old man Obi-Wan where you’ll meet several characters from the future episodes (episodes IV to VI) including Boba Fett and Jabba

The new retail version subtitled Ultimate Sith Edition is due out in the holidays. The disk will include all the previously released DLC and another new level finishing off the ‘infinities’ storyline that starts in the afore mentioned DLC. This level takes the Apprentice to Coruscant, whilst trying to avoid any French Patisserie jokes, sending you and your uber-juiced-up Sith powers after whiny Luke Skywalker.

No doubt Luke’ll moan and give you enough annoying back chat that you’ll feel glad to shut his yappy trap up with a few swift strokes of your Laser Sword (TM) knowing that the Star Wars Universe just ripped itself a new space time continuum and the future is your oyster.

This seems to offer people a decent incentive to pick up the game if they missed it the first time. Which was apparently quite a few but it’s unclear as to when, or even if, the new level will come out as DLC for those that have a copy already lying on their shelf. Unfortunately there’s still no word on trophies for the PS3 version but who knows where Sony’s mandatory implementation fits in with re-releases.

For those of us out there wishing for Trophy implementation, you now have ‘a new hope.
    Trailer for it can be found here -> http://www.gametrailers.com/player/53017.html

PSN Cards Possibly confirmed for Europe
    Several news tips this morning from our readers who have somehow found a Dutch website which, with the aid of Google Translate, tells us that PSN cards have been confirmed to retailers and will be available from October 1st. This fits with what we’ve been predicting for a while as it coincides with the launch of the PSPGo with its download-only software model.

However, it is not confirmed until Sony say so and the fact that the Dutch website in question does not quote sources and shows an image of one of the faked PSN cards that another Dutch website was “selling” a few weeks ago (they were actually pre-made PSN accounts with a sum of money in the wallet) is a little bit suspicious. I think they may have this one right but thanks more to their sensible conjecture rather than any real evidence.
    More FW 2.80 Details

This has been one of the strangest and mysterious firmware updates yet. Whilst several things have been discovered/speculated/stated including; its use for Vidzone, its hidden cinematic feature and its developer only uses, it seems though that the update is actually very important for developers by allowing more RAM memory to be made available. The information was provided by Sam Thompson, the producer of the highly anticipated Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

During an interview at this year’s Comic-Con Thompson said, “Naughty Dog is constantly working to improve every aspect of the gameplay; be it animation, lighting, sound, texture fidelity. You know if you look at the game itself with the 2.80 engine update, you know we’re adding more memory, so we get a lot more utilisation of the SPUs so we increase our optimisation of the Cell processor as well.”

It is safe to assume that the 2.80 engine update is the improved engine when using the 2.80 firmware update. Having less RAM used by the PS3’s OS thus allowing freed up memory for other uses is a pretty big deal and could quite easily be paving the way for additional features in updates to come – like 3.0 perhaps?

Hideo Kojima appearing at Gamescom

Metal Gear Solid mastermind Hideo Kojima will be making an appearance at the Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany next month, Konami has announced.

Kojima-san will be on hand to showcase the forthcoming stealth outing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP, in addition to the excellent looking Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for PS3/Xbox 360.

Joining the Kojima Productions head will be Shingo Takatsuka (aka Seabass) of Team Pro Evolution Soccer fame, who will, as you may have guessed, be showing off PES 2010 to the masses.

Konami’s European marketing and PR boss, Martin Schneider, commented: “Visitors of this year’s gamescom will get the unique chance to meet Konami´s greatest talents from Overseas and Europe.”

“Likewise, for Konami´s developers this event marks a fascinating opportunity to discuss their games with their European fans and get firsthand feedback. Konami will be showing a line up of diversity and innovation at Europe´s premier gaming event.”

Gamescom runs through August 19 – 23.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    Castle Crashers Heading To PS3
    Excellent news for the PS3 owners in here. I'd recommend that game to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea for a thread. This is me subscribing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Great idea. I'm so pissed Fat Princess hasn't come out yet, I'm going abroad for the rest of the summer!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the support guys what I will do is put the old storys in spoiler tags then add new stuff and post when I have updated it.

ReputationRep:
    aww man that means i have to buy castle crashers again . I love playing it on the xbox. Im also pissed off that fat princess still hasnt been released.

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    When's Gran Turismo 5 coming out? :erm:

/ps3noob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    When's Gran Turismo 5 coming out? :erm:

/ps3noob
    Expected sometime in Q1 2010.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Expected sometime in Q1 2010.
    Good stuff. Hopefully the PS3's price will slash after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    i heard GT 5 is coming out this year november time. Thats according to gamespot anyway

ReputationRep:
    Page updated with 3 new stories few questions.

1. Should I start posting weekly PSN updates?
    2. how the hell do you embed videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    Page updated with 3 new stories few questions.

1. Should I start posting weekly PSN updates?
    2. how the hell do you embed videos
    I think you tube videos go in the tags [youtube][/youtube]

And yeah, means I don't have to check the store everyweek :nod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I think you tube videos go in the tags [youtube][/youtube]

And yeah, means I don't have to check the store everyweek :nod:
    haha ok will do , its not ayoutube vid though

also main post updated

ReputationRep:
    I'm not happy with Guerilla at the moment. Two reasons: firstly, they charge £5 for each map pack, which i don't mind, but then with this new release they do a three for two offer. So all the poeple who stuck by guerilla are losing out. And now there giving up on us

Oh well, at least uncharted 2 is coming out soon

ReputationRep:
    http://kotaku.com/search/PS3/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    http://kotaku.com/search/PS3/

read my original post..

ReputationRep:
    Ratchet and Clank looks so awesome... Need to preorder this game

ReputationRep:
    Can you cite your sources when you're pasting stories in?

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed.

Good idea :yy:

And 'taking a breather from Killzone 2'?! Cool, means i can now sell it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.