Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nice idea for a thread. I'll definitely read it. Can you post your updates in a new post as well as on the first page though? I normally use the "Go to first new post button" so that would be very useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Nice idea for a thread. I'll definitely read it. Can you post your updates in a new post as well as on the first page though? I normally use the "Go to first new post button" so that would be very useful!
    I could do but I am not going to be the latest post in the thread you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    Eh?? Not sure I understand what you mean I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    Ask a mod to lock this thread until next Thursday, and do the same each week.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be able to discuss the stories though.

ReputationRep:
    Good point. Could possibly use the PS3 soc thread for that.

ReputationRep:
    Ratchet and clank for PS3 for £10...worth it?

ReputationRep:
    absolutely worth it.We can still discuss the stories here itself, maybe just quote whatever piece of story we want to discuss, then each just quote the last post on that topic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Ask a mod to lock this thread until next Thursday, and do the same each week.
    Andy, with you being a regular, I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't catch this. What james99 means is that he clicks on which takes him to the first post in the thread that he has not read, and he reads all the new posts in the thread without having to trundle through lots of posts he's already seen before. A lot of users, myself included, do this and so it would be a good idea to post updates (preferably weekly updates or something rather than "as I find them" updates, which'll mean omegaweapon1987 would be spamming this thread as badly as he was spamming the Gaming forum in general with his threads with various bits of PS3 gossip/rumours/'news') as a new post in the thread so people can see it as they're going down through the posts they haven't yet read and are not forced into checking the first post every time they visit the thread just in case there's been a new update. Keeps it user-friendly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Andy, with you being a regular, I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't catch this. What james99 means is that he clicks on which takes him to the first post in the thread that he has not read, and he reads all the new posts in the thread without having to trundle through lots of posts he's already seen before. A lot of users, myself included, do this and so it would be a good idea to post updates (preferably weekly updates or something rather than "as I find them" updates, which'll mean omegaweapon1987 would be spamming this thread as badly as he was spamming the Gaming forum in general with his threads with various bits of PS3 gossip/rumours/'news') as a new post in the thread so people can see it as they're going down through the posts they haven't yet read and are not forced into checking the first post every time they visit the thread just in case there's been a new update. Keeps it user-friendly
    Indeed, a weekly roundup post in this thread would be a lot better than the myriad threads which have spammed up gaming >_>

ReputationRep:
    :redface:

I've never used that button, if i am to be honest. (adds to your disappointment :p: )

Sounds good to me.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I love you for telling me this. I always had to go to last post and then scroll back. Thanks you lots and lots :love:

ReputationRep:
    Well boys and girls its monday and the latest storys have been added enjoy them all on the first page or in the spoiler link below.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Marvel Superhero Costumes For LBP

Is your sackboy short of things to wear? Did the game not include enough outfits for him? Have none of the dozens of paid for or free costumes on the PSN Store appealed? Is dressing him in something that has been available for more than two weeks to be frowned upon?

If so then Marvel and Media Molecule are soon to be coming to your rescue. Over at Comic Con at a panel titled “The Next Generation of Marvel Video Games”, attended by Kotaku, Marvel showed concept renders of three Marvel superhero costumes for sackboy; Wolverine, Iron Man and Captain America. No release date was mentioned or whether these would be the only three of Marvel’s costumed heroes to get the sackboy treatment.

We can hardly contain our generate any excitement at finding out about yet another set of LBP costumes but let me know in the comments which superhero costume you would like to see sackboy wearing and why and my favourites from your suggestions will pick up a few TSA points.

Star Wars: he Force Unleashed New DLC
    The new DLC, due to arrive this Autumn, takes the original story branch in an alternate-universe-style direction and asks the question, what if the apprentice had killed ol’ Darth face wheezy and replaced him as the emperor’s understudy. Picking up where we left off, the brand new level, set on Tatooine, sends you off hunting for bitter old man Obi-Wan where you’ll meet several characters from the future episodes (episodes IV to VI) including Boba Fett and Jabba

The new retail version subtitled Ultimate Sith Edition is due out in the holidays. The disk will include all the previously released DLC and another new level finishing off the ‘infinities’ storyline that starts in the afore mentioned DLC. This level takes the Apprentice to Coruscant, whilst trying to avoid any French Patisserie jokes, sending you and your uber-juiced-up Sith powers after whiny Luke Skywalker.

No doubt Luke’ll moan and give you enough annoying back chat that you’ll feel glad to shut his yappy trap up with a few swift strokes of your Laser Sword (TM) knowing that the Star Wars Universe just ripped itself a new space time continuum and the future is your oyster.

This seems to offer people a decent incentive to pick up the game if they missed it the first time. Which was apparently quite a few but it’s unclear as to when, or even if, the new level will come out as DLC for those that have a copy already lying on their shelf. Unfortunately there’s still no word on trophies for the PS3 version but who knows where Sony’s mandatory implementation fits in with re-releases.

For those of us out there wishing for Trophy implementation, you now have ‘a new hope.
    Trailer for it can be found here -> http://www.gametrailers.com/player/53017.html

PSN Cards Possibly confirmed for Europe
    Several news tips this morning from our readers who have somehow found a Dutch website which, with the aid of Google Translate, tells us that PSN cards have been confirmed to retailers and will be available from October 1st. This fits with what we’ve been predicting for a while as it coincides with the launch of the PSPGo with its download-only software model.

However, it is not confirmed until Sony say so and the fact that the Dutch website in question does not quote sources and shows an image of one of the faked PSN cards that another Dutch website was “selling” a few weeks ago (they were actually pre-made PSN accounts with a sum of money in the wallet) is a little bit suspicious. I think they may have this one right but thanks more to their sensible conjecture rather than any real evidence.
    More FW 2.80 Details

This has been one of the strangest and mysterious firmware updates yet. Whilst several things have been discovered/speculated/stated including; its use for Vidzone, its hidden cinematic feature and its developer only uses, it seems though that the update is actually very important for developers by allowing more RAM memory to be made available. The information was provided by Sam Thompson, the producer of the highly anticipated Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

During an interview at this year’s Comic-Con Thompson said, “Naughty Dog is constantly working to improve every aspect of the gameplay; be it animation, lighting, sound, texture fidelity. You know if you look at the game itself with the 2.80 engine update, you know we’re adding more memory, so we get a lot more utilisation of the SPUs so we increase our optimisation of the Cell processor as well.”

It is safe to assume that the 2.80 engine update is the improved engine when using the 2.80 firmware update. Having less RAM used by the PS3’s OS thus allowing freed up memory for other uses is a pretty big deal and could quite easily be paving the way for additional features in updates to come – like 3.0 perhaps?

Hideo Kojima appearing at Gamescom

Metal Gear Solid mastermind Hideo Kojima will be making an appearance at the Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany next month, Konami has announced.

Kojima-san will be on hand to showcase the forthcoming stealth outing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP, in addition to the excellent looking Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for PS3/Xbox 360.

Joining the Kojima Productions head will be Shingo Takatsuka (aka Seabass) of Team Pro Evolution Soccer fame, who will, as you may have guessed, be showing off PES 2010 to the masses.

Konami’s European marketing and PR boss, Martin Schneider, commented: “Visitors of this year’s gamescom will get the unique chance to meet Konami´s greatest talents from Overseas and Europe.”

“Likewise, for Konami´s developers this event marks a fascinating opportunity to discuss their games with their European fans and get firsthand feedback. Konami will be showing a line up of diversity and innovation at Europe´s premier gaming event.”

Gamescom runs through August 19 – 23.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick heads-up that the rumour from last week about Fat Princess has been confirmed - it's going to be released this Thursday, July 30

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...eres-the-date/

ReputationRep:
    Grr, it's just been confirmed for €15/£12, which is more than it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    thats insane man upset abotu that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    :sadnod: I'm disappointed, but not surprised, tbh. There's been enough hype for it that it'll still sell well, most likely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.